1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. McGraw

McGraw Racer

I’ve tried TrackIR (well my homemade version) a few times in driving sims and I keep discarding it.

Mainly because I can’t seem to stop myself drifting wide or turning too tight to (compensate) in tight right handers but I also prefer the sim to shake the camera.

any Ideas on how to improve these things?

I’m considering just having a huge dead zone and only using it to glance left and right.

thanks

2. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I keep falling in and out of using it for the same reason. I think you just have to get used to it.

As much as I love what track IR brings to the table, I find I'm slightly quicker when the image in front of me is static relative to the car's motion.

3. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

One of the things I changed almost immediately after learning how the view curves worked in TrackIR was to make the curves uniformly flat horisontal lines. Having the view "snap" back to center was not helping me orientate. Now, with the flat curves, I can move my head without losing my orientation or getting distracted by screen movement that does not come from my head :). It makes the head tracking very subtle and allows me the side view I need to see the curbs on tight corners properly. I am on a 34" super wide and will be moving to a 49" soon and I think that makes the head tracker movement less of an issue as I can look in the same direction my head is pointing. On narrower screens, head and eye movement can't really follow in a 1:1 relationship - eyes almost have to stay centered on the screen as you turn your head.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  4. I am gonna buy that

5. Irpus

Irpus Rookie

Is any of you using trackir version 3pro? It does not recognize the game for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Inviato dal mio LG-H815 utilizzando Tapatalk

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Dear head tracking lovers, the head tracking isn't 100 % smoth for me - there's some small but annoying stutter almost everytime I move my head. I have seen it being super smooth on rare occasions but I haven't yet made out what is special about those situations.
    When I hold my head still or deactivate tracking the image is super smooth.

What's your opinion on this - is it very smooth as you move your head? Or do you get a little stutter? Did you once get such stutter and found a way to fix it?

7. McGraw

McGraw Racer

what’s your tracking system.

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

OpenTrack and TrackHat, using a PSEye Camera with CLEye driver. Driver application is not running while playing ACC.

9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I have an almost identical hardware setup as you, albeit using the wireless TrackHat Plus. I use a version of OpenTrack software though and have never experienced any lack of smoothness. When I'm home this evening I can confirm what software version I'm using.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok thank you. Maybe I will just bring my system on par with yours, then.

11. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Silly question, but you don't have an unwanted dead-zone set up by mistake?

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Hi Guys,

Has anyone figured out a way to make TIR5 software load the ACC profile automatically (short of setting it exclusive, which impacts other titles...)?

The game is recognized as "Miner Wars" in the software, but that title is not in the game list, so can't be assigned a profile.

13. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Hm, same her with my Track IR (original) system

14. McGraw

McGraw Racer

same as me. I have a pretty recent open track install and don’t remember any technical issues.

Do you minimise to tray? I was under the impression that helps performance.

Are you losing tracking at all? Check how many led are “good”

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I surely have a bit of dead-zone set up. But when fiddling around with it I don't remember it having any sort of effect on the stutter. Can you generate such stutter with deadzone?

16. redadeg

redadeg Racer

Oh, fixed it for me. There is a smoothness slider in the Track IR software :)

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Glad to hear that. I already found my sweetspot with that slider. It's something else my end :(

18. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

No, not a stutter, just a dead-zone of no movement in the centre as you'd expect. I do not usually run with any dead-zone.
    To be specific, I have a TrackHat Clip Plus. I'm running TrackHat Opentrack version 1.2p7.

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Recently bought the Track IR 5 (@LeDude83 convinced me... ). Quite an interesting bit of fun. Followed various threads here and vids on youtube re setup, etc and I'm finding it works quite well. Have to say, I'm quite impressed.

Personally, I found that having any deadzone in the yaw/pitch just confused me, so I remove it completely.
    Also, the default ACC profile (found in the setup thread) has roll turned off. And I had much better feeling with it turned on. There was something strange about the movement, but when I turned on roll, it felt much more natural. Strange that the profile has all the axis inverted, but I found they needed to be normal for ACC.

However, I guess I'm still adapting because in general I'm at least 0.5 to 1.0 seconds off my typical lap times. I find that I'm turning in just a tad bit later, than I used to.

I have a bit of disorientation whenever the rear of the car steps out a bit. Not catching it as confidently as before. I've been experimenting quite a bit with the view settings, particularly the distance (the view setting where you can move the camera view forward or back). I suspect there's a bit of a sweet spot there somehow. Still haven't found it, but it's better when I move the view more backwards.

Other ramblings:
    - I use headphones 99.9%, so decided to go for the version with the 'pro' clip (just powered led's to track, instead of the reflectors). But I have to say that I was really impressed with how accurate the basic hat reflectors are. With the pro-clip, I find there's a better sensitivity around the centre area though. The reflectors tend to snap to the centre and take a slightly larger movement to trigger them. Pro clip seems more sensitive, and natural to me. Other than that, not much different in my view.
    - The bloody usb cable on the pro clip is damn annoying though. Found some youtube vids how to make it wireless. Man, I love youtube. Just a cheap low-capacity/low-weight power bank attached to the headphone band with velcro, plug the USB cord in there (wrapped up), and you're good to go. It just needs power from the USB, no data. I've seen some aftermarket solutions for sale, and they look like quite clean and a really good idea for anyone looking at these. Seems really strange to my why the company doesn't have a wireless version (or maybe I missed it....)
    - I'm a bit fortunate, that I was able to get a 49"CRG9 last year. So very honestly, I don't have a lot of 'need' for the Track IR.... but it is very nice for the right side of the car/mirror where the CRG9 just doesn't quite get there. I have the screen quite close to my wheel, so sometimes the gauges get a bit blocked. Track IR helps there with the pitch to make a quick check every now and then.

No regrets.

20. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Me too. Mine just goes to the default profile on game launch. Only way I've found, is to set the profile as exclusive, as you note.