1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS TrackIR how-to

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by pankykapus, Jul 31, 2019.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Thanks Fernando, made my own folder as posted by Kunos, but no luck.

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Thanks Seelenkrank.
    I can search and find the folder I created, including the .ini file.

Not sure what you mean by ,... " better set it as exclusive" ,... ?

Question for anybody and everybody, , how does ACC "know",... to monitor output from OpenTrack, other than setting enable TrackIr to 1 in settings ?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  3. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

in the trackIR software you can add profiles to a specific game (the game choose them from the ingame gamelist) or you can force the software use one "exclusive" for all.
    because ACC is not in the gamelist of track IR maybe this is the key to get it running (?).

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Thanks Seelenkrank.

I don't have the TrackIR system and/or software, I'm using OpenTrack and a home made led array, that does work with the OpenTrack software.

Do I download and use TrackIR software, and use the output from Opentrack ?

5. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

this i dont know :/
    but you can test it, more than not working cant happen (maybe the PC explodes)

6. IbnYasser

IbnYasser Rookie

TrackIR5 does not work in ACC !!
    In AC - work, ACC - does not!
    Is it normal ?

7. IbnYasser

IbnYasser Rookie

After update Trackir software here - WORK!

Attached Files:

8. uros76

uros76 Rookie

After latest ACC updates this profile doesn't work for me. No movement at all. If I choose the default profile there is some movement but not left / right.
    Are there any tricks or things I have to adjust on ACC settings to get it back working?

9. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

If I remember right. There are 3 interior views. One of them does not seem to work but the other 2 do.
    Change your view to another interior one and try again. Then you can fine tune the settings to move the position more to your liking.

It works for me

10. uros76

uros76 Rookie

Ok so browsing around for more solutions there is only one thing that helps. Resetting view setting to default. TrackIR starts to work normal again.

11. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I was using OPENTRACK for a while, now no go.

Does anybody know if I have to have Trackir present and running for OPENTRACK to work.

Thanks.

12. mabrunhosa

mabrunhosa Rookie

@LATE4APEX - No, you don't need to run TrackIR for Opentrack to work. I have a Delan Clip and use Opentrack on it's own.

Just check that you are in the right view, inside the car, as not all of them. My input device is Point Tracker 1.1 and Output is FreeTrack 2.0.

Hope this helps!

13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Thanks @mabrunhosa, I'll give that a try.

One more thing if you don't mind, should TrackIr be enabled or disabled in the Jason file ?

14. mabrunhosa

mabrunhosa Rookie

I haven't had to change any JSON files, I presume you are using the ACC profile? I don't think that's needed anymore, at least from what I have read.

What headset/tracking device are you using?

I've never used TrackIR or the ACC profile, as I never needed to. I have a PS3 eye cam, OpenTrack and ACC, just works and was easy to setup. I am hoping to find some great advice on curves, it's quite smooth already, just looking for the optimal input/output. I know a lot of it is personal preference too :)

15. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

My led array is a home brew setup that clips to my computer glasses, will post pics when it is reliable.
    It was working then quit on ACC, still shows' up as working on Opentrack, but not in ACC.

I found this in the camera settings Jason file,..."enableTrackIR": 1, might try again with it off.

I'm defiantly not the one for advise, :),... but there is a least one good thread here on various systems curves etc.

16. Hans Schipper

Hans Schipper Rookie

Hello,
    I just bought myself a TrackIr 5 and tried to follow the instructions above.
    But...
    The specified folder doesn't exist. What I can find is this:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles
    When I add the profile there it doesn't show up in the software, so it seems it's not the right place for it.

Can someone please help me?
    Ah, already found the answer: It's a hidden map

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    David Danser likes this.
  17. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

I have just tried to set my trackir 5 up with ACC but can not get it working. It works in trackir itself in that I can see my head moving so that is ok. When I go in game, nothing.
    I have the profile folder on the c drive and am using my own profile, but have installed the software on a different drive. Does it matter?
    There was a post about a specific view being required, is that still the case with latest updates? I use a modified view in that I am moved forward until the wing mirrors are just out of sight and turn off the wheel and hands.

I have come back to screen and (hopefully) trackir from VR for the better graphics (for the time being anyway, I know if Kunos CAN fixit, they WILL)

Anyway any advice will be welcome.
    Salute

18. Hans Schipper

Hans Schipper Rookie

Not all views work with head movement, so most likely you have to change your view.
    I use the view with no steering wheel (don't know how it's called) and configured that to my liking with a calculated FOV.
    By the way: Don't forget to put a center button on your steering wheel somewhere.

I've used it now for about 2 weeks and it has completely changed the game for me.
    Now I can drive like I would in a normal car and look where I want to go and not just stare fixedly out of my windscreen hoping for the best.
    In tracks like the Nurburgring (for instance corners 1-3) I have so much more control.
    I love it.

Succes,
    Hans

19. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Hi Folks,

I just got my TrackIR 5 with the Pro Clip. I took a profile from a User here and found that I just couldn't use it (I got nauseous). From what I've read in this thread for ACC nobody seems to be enabling the X, Y or Z axis. I've decided to only check Yaw, Pitch (no Roll), TrueView and Mirror. After centering my view, when I look top the left to the edge of my monitor I'm seeing the 90 degrees mark and when I look to the right edge of my monitor I'm at -90 degrees. Do this setup sound about right, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided. I'm going out on the track to see how it feels.

Update2: When I started ACC the TrackIR software was running with my saved Profile that I had just setup. However, when I got in the car I realized that it wasn't my profile as the X, Y and Z axis's were enabled. How do I get ACC to use the profile I setup and not the Default?

Update2: I realized I needed to make my Profile Exclusive. That worked. I'm still finding my head movement is too jerky and swift. How do I make it smoother and slower?

Roger

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

You can find instructions of how to link a profile to a game - Assetto Corsa Competizione- in TrackIR user manual below, without the need to be exclusive (page 19) :

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/documents/TrackIR-5.3-Manual.pdf

Also, in the above user manual, you find instructions of how to make it smoother and slower (page 14).

Regarding how much and how fast head tracking moves the in screen image, you have to adjust the motion curves for each axis (page 17) to suit your natural head an body motion when racing.

Some persons have the tendency to move their head and body more than others while driving, therefore another person profile may not suit you (too fast or too slow).
    Also the distance you are from the monitor, the monitor size and, inclusively, FOV used and in game view distance, all are relevant for how the axis motion curves are set.

You have to set and tweak them to your particular situation.

FriendOfJah likes this.