1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tracks - Sense of immersion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Sergio Marques, Nov 16, 2013.

1. After several months without trying PCars, yesterday I run some laps on it and I must say their tracks look great by now, the sense of immersion is very good, better than what I feel now on AC.

I can't tell what is the main different between them and AC, but the lack of skid marks is obvious, as we can see on this video,

Will Kunos add the skid marks to the AC tracks on future?

Also the objects around the track on AC, seemed much more far way than on PCars.

Anuj, Laurent Resende and pigsy like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC General Discussions About those US tracks and Liveries... Feb 21, 2024
    ACC Gameplay AI - Unusable on multiple tracks Jan 30, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    General modding discussion Is it possible to animate (tank) tracks? Nov 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New Tracks - Interlagos Nov 5, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Track cuts on Wet tracks Aug 1, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Trackside camera and chopper camera not showing in replay May 11, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Mod tracks unable to load. Feb 1, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SETUP BUNDLE | ALL Tracks | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Jan 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions WTF $10.99 for the cars, plus $17 99 for the 3 tracks Nov 10, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Changing flag on trackside Zandvoort Oct 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU 100% in VR on menu screens - since downloading American tracks Sep 7, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Non-collidable Trackside Objects Sep 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Tracks locked - how do I access them? Sep 3, 2022

3. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Err... you can see them over the laps. I did not pay much attention to that but i'm sure i've seen them :)

What was said already it that the rubber does add to track just doesn't affect traction yet. but it will

Leemstradamus likes this.
  4. It isn't just the rubber added by the cars during that session, but when we load the the tracks there's already the skid marks, like it was from previous sessions. The AC tracks without them look very clean.

But is more than that, I just can't identify precisely what. It's something that is puzzling me since yesterday, trying to understand what are the reasons.:)

Laurent Resende likes this.
  5. Binurah

Binurah Rookie

I agree Sergio, the road textures, and ground textures in general, are pretty weak right now. The lack of defined skid marks is certainly the biggest issue. I don`t only miss them as eye candy, but also because they usually are helpful to keep a good line and find braking points.
    That aside the textures have a lot of fine detail (leading to moire effects), but lack rough detail like cracks and color changes. The same is true for trackside textures like gravel, which has so much fine detail it looks alive like quicksand on my screen.
    I am a bit worried that`s due to how they apply textures / shaders.
    But well, hopefully they can improve it, to me it`s what keeps the graphics down in the "good" range, with "great" being so close.

6. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Seriously, I think you guys refer to a progressive darker as a car passes and the lack of that "path" when a session is started.

Still not as bad as rF2 "green" track ;) or, driving in black ice as i sometime find in less than good converted tracks :\

7. the ideal shall be an evolution of the colour of this tread in the fur and has measure of the use of the lane, as in reality

8. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

I think Laurent means "au fur a measure" which means : over the course of time.

So translation: Ideally there will be an evolution of the colour of the markings over the course of time as the track gets worn in

(Salut Laurent, j’espère ça te dérange pas que je te corrige, je parles le français couramment alors j'ai compris ce que tu voulais dire :) )

Don't trust google translate ;)

Anuj and Laurent Resende like this.
  9. salut Scotsma!!! merci,merci pour la correction!!! translate !!!ha translate Google !!!!! lol !!

10. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

pas de probleme mon pote :) Si jamais tu as besoin d'aide pour traduire, fais-moi le savoir dak? ;)

Laurent Resende likes this.
  11. ok !!!!!!!!!!! merciiiiiiiiiiiiii a toi

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  12. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Could there not be a file for each track you have, maybe similar to a .txt file that logs how many cars have been round your track and over time? Say for example you drove around the track once a week ago did one lap and locked up under braking. You come back it's a week later and there are faint lines. Also say for example you ran a race of 30 laps of mayhem online. You then do a practice on the track the next day and the racing line is deep black, with marbles scattered deep into every area offline. You could have a 'clean track' button that would simulate sending a cleaner truck around, and a reset button that would reset the track to green. Tracks you never play would end up green too. Online races the server owner could decide the tracks level of being rubbered in.

HackMac likes this.
  13. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Racer

If I may contribute my theory, if you have an environment that's too static and 'sterile', it kills the sense of immersion. Even if you're not looking directly for these things, little bits of movement wthin the environment still register with your brain and contribute towards convincing you you're in a living, breathing world. You'll notice the waving flags in the crowds on pCARS, and then you'll notice their absence in AC. Just that little bit of movement is enough to convince you (even if you're concentrating on getting your braking point right or trying to defend mightily from an opponent) that the stand is 'alive' and filled with real spectators. This results in tangible increase in the sense of immersion. As another example, take the marshals we have in the game now. They're nice models and they look good, but as soon as you notice that they're totally static it kills a little bit of the immersion factor as your brain is reminded that this is all a virtual environment. If Kunos ever get these guys turning their heads to follow passing cars, waving flags, etc. then that adds a little bit to the suspension of disbelief and you're another way towards losing yourself fully in the game. I don't believe that the guys at Kunos aren't looking at what games like pCARS are doing or will do in this regard and taking pointers away with them, but understandably this must be pretty near the bottom of their to-do list. It'd be good to look to other game genres, even FPS, to see what devices and little touches they use to build such believable virtual worlds. Not as stupid as it sounds I hope, as I suspect that it's all these little touches put together that have contributed significantly towards games such as Battlefield and CoD's popularity...? o_O

My guilty little secret is that it was actually the NFS Shift titles that got me back obsessing about racing sims after years away (the last time I looked at them was when the original FIA GT mod came out for the F1 games, which of course paved the way for GTR and so on). Shift 1 and 2 were obviously painful to drive, but there was just something about the games that I loved. It took me a while to work out what it was, and it was the sense of immersion built by these little touches that I'm banging on about above. That's what they're now doing with pCARS and is what I think you're seeing too now @Sergio Marques , and that's what I'd like to see Stefano and the Kunos crew emulate a little bit with AC. It's the very last piece of the puzzle as far as I'm concerned - getting rid of the slightly sterile environments that have always bothered me about racing games, and putting some life into them. Real racing is noisy, smelly and dirty, and although we can't replicate the smelly side I'd like to see some grime - marbles, sand and dirt dragged onto the tracks after an off, etc. Add a bit of movement and atmosphere to the environment and I really don't think I'd ever need another racing sim again.

As a closer, I also think that thinking about the above and incorporating some of them would probably attract quite a few new adopters to AC as well, as a lot of gamers have come to expect fully immersive environments and atmospheres after what has happened with HL2 and the Battlefield/CoD games. You'd be putting a little bridge across the gap between the fan groups that may assist in enticing some of them over to AC.

Anyway, that's enough b*ll*cks from me I think :D

HackMac likes this.
  14. I think that it is necessary to wait for the multiplayer!!!!!! before speaking about environment!!! AC, I believe a simulator of running is meant!!! or take place of true race between players, no solo simu!! and believe me, to have played NetKar Pro during years in running!!! during a true running the environment " i dont care "!!! to double your opponent in front of you in the next stopping, is much more important than a guy who agitates you a flag under the nose!!!

The Moose likes this.
  15. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Racer

Wow, you really love your exclamation marks, don't you? Sorry, I mean 'don't you!??!!?!?!?!1!11?!?'

I always wonder how people who get so worked up at these types of things react when something genuinely important happens in their real lives. Do their heads just explode immediately like the guy out of Scanners?

As I said, it will be and should be way down their list of priorities. But just because you don't think it's important doesn't mean it's not important, yeah?

16. Lol !!!see you on track !!

17. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

I hope you see those yellow flags or any other for that matter. Ignoring them may lead to disqualify or even accident.

/smartass :)

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk

18. seekax

seekax Rookie

i do agree that the tracks in pCars look better. pCars in general has better graphics i think, i really dislike the trees in AC, the environment is important when it comes to immersion.
    i hope they will bother with that at some point.

19. to earn shopping, it is necessary to respect flags, therefore perso I respect them! as well as all rules of running, but not need of a figurine of more or less poor gout, which agitates it to me under the nose! when has C.A.R.S as me, (opinion everything made personal) it is a splendid game of arcade.

20. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

We need to be fair, not everyone is a native English speaker and writer. My French is terrible, so please look at the point Laurent is making, although I find his is pretty hard to understand. Google translate is pretty lacking! :eek: Damn you Google!! :p ****e!

21. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

By his lat post I won't even bother. Not because of language barriers, ofc. It is just one of those cases...

Sent from my bq Edison using Tapatalk