1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Trail braking - Anyone on pace using it ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ssidrdw, Feb 28, 2014.

1. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

I got a feeling that trail braking is always disadvantageous in AC . Does someone who gets 1 sec or better from the car+track RSR record, confirm he is using it in some car to improve his lap times ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Lotus 98T Trail braking and downshifting with GTeye springs May 20, 2020
    ACC Physics Making the Lexus stable when trail braking Dec 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Trailbraking useful in ACC? Dec 5, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues Trail braking Jul 14, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues 458 italia trail braking? Aug 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Trailer Dec 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New trailer and gameplay PS5 IGN Feb 3, 2022
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Triumph TR6 Trailing Arm Apr 28, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Assetto corsa Competizione - An Unoffical Multiplayer trailer for all Platform Jun 25, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Redline Motorsport 12Hr of Suzuka Trailer Feb 29, 2020
    Screens & Videos F1 1975 Trailer Jan 17, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Volumetric Fog "Smoke Trail" Effect at Night Jun 8, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Group C | Interlagos 1975 Sign up trailer Jul 15, 2018
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Where these bits of data come from ? And pneumatic trail question. Mar 21, 2018

3. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

No comment on the question but i do have another question related to this :- when exactly we should do trail braking ??
    I thinking if we do grip cornering we should use trail braking but if we gonna power slide a bit then we should not use trail braking ... not sure if am right, lets see what expert gonna say :rolleyes:

4. petesky

petesky Simracer

Everyone on pace is using it.

5. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

I'm just adapting to this technique from the moment I purchased ClubSport pedals, because earlier I just pushed the brake hard and released it quickly in apxex.
    For example in GT2/GT3 car at Monza (Curva Di Lesmos) I found very useful to release brake pedal slowly to aphex also to get better turning point, but who knows. I think it depends really on car, track and driving style as well. But I would be very interested about the same question as OP and LazyBug :)

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

i use it.

you should always use it when you can.

7. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

Does someone have a recording of a hot lap 1 sec from RSR record with trail braking ? I just want to see the exact timing and brake pressure used.

8. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

To be honest i not quite understand whats this mean. Meaning a video which is not more than 1 sec slower than RSR top time in any given combo ??

9. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

Yes, if the record of xbow@imola is 1:55.8 then at least 1:56.8 hot lap replay ...
    Honestly I have great car control especially with drifts and get 3 secs of RSR records with all cars but I just can't use trail braking. I can use it if I brake too late, to induce oversteer which will help me with turn-in and reduce speed because of the sliding, but I can't use it to improve lap times !

10. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Martyn likes this.
  11. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Or may be its better to upload your video & let expert to have a look to see where is the problem ??

12. Hany

Hany Alien

Check my video's. In all of them I use trail braking. Very noticeably in cars like 458 and mp4 12c.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

13. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Am sorry but is it convenient to post your youtube video link here ?? :D

14. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Trail braking, left foot braking etc always help if done correctly.

I use these techniques to some extend in in the following video(and my other videos). The laptime is 0,2 sec slower compared to the current world record. I added a pedal cam too:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    Martyn and Lazybug like this.
  15. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Interesting Video.
    But you like brown clothes ? :D

Akis Kev likes this.
  16. ssidrdw

ssidrdw Racer

oh ok I see.
    I'm a little surprised with the first 458 imola video, I'd except this much sliding to put you 2 secs off the record. When AC came out I liked this driving style, especially with XBOW, but I though I'm faster and more consistent with clean driving... Also people keep mention how all the track records are always done with clean driving. So is that AC physics fault, a specific 458 thing, or people just talk too much bull**** to make you slower ? :D

17. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Not rly.. But these are my driving shoes :p

Shaddix likes this.
  18. Still wondering how you can drive G27 pedals with shoes on, way too soft to do that ! :p

19. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

You know usually most of the advises are come from average racer so you have to filter which one is right or wrong & at the mean time dont expect those top guy will tell you all the thing they know, you should understand they have to keep it to themselve to keep competitive, so at the end of the day what you can do is to collect as much information as possible from every where and experience yourself to finally come out the working formula which is unique for you.

And to me the very first step is to check how good is your driving using the default setup, if your lap time using default setup is actually quite off pace compare to other people's default lap time then the very 1st problem that need to be fix is yourself, trail braking or not should come later imo.

By the way pls beware i actually not sure if what i suggesting make sense to you, i also a sim newbies myself :p

Hanzales and F3R like this.
  20. Hany

Hany Alien

You know lazybug sometimes u ask questions like how to learn to drive a bicycle... u have to drive and learn by yourself. I learned all those things by trying different things. U have to develop your own driving style. Videos can help u understand some things better but thats it. Btw a good way to learn even more is following a fast driver in an online race. U can study his lines and braking points.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Hanzales, djkostas and Lazybug like this.