1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Training before multiplayer

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by D.Jankovic, Mar 8, 2019.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

So this was mentioned around few times but never actually discussed in depth. So i would like to make sugestion for multiplayer to make everybodies life easier.

For example to make TR (TrackRating) where you need to complete all tracks on 3 stars and then you are able to get to the multiplayer...nothing big just to stop people from instantlly joining online races and messing stuff up just because they did not learn track or car etc.

Or even maybe some training progam that needs to be completed by user to unlock multiplayer and race online.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What best IA your training? In aggressive? Oct 21, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Grip level in Trainings Sessions Oct 16, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC: Amazing Training Tool Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Crash. Two weeks training wasted... Jun 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Championship mode: always two training sessions Jul 13, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Enhancement Request - Training Server option Jul 1, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting v1.0.4 Fatal Error while loading a race (or Training, Hotlap, ...) Jun 28, 2019
    Screens & Videos Weekend drift training Apr 29, 2019
    General modding discussion AI Training Apr 1, 2017
    General modding discussion Suggestion/Request: A Brake and Car Control Training Facility. Nov 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Training WR Videos + Free Setups! Oct 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Revs-simracing uk - driver training school - 21/02/15 Feb 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Sector/corner training mode Nov 16, 2014
    Tracks modding [request] giant parking area with drawn track (+ pylons) for drift-training Aug 1, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Training and dragrace Jul 28, 2014

3. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

So for example if i hate driving on one of the tracks and i'm slow on it i will be excluded from online? Safety and Racecraft ratings should be enough IMO.

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just to add substance to the (hopfully) ongoing discussion, a glance on the setting.json (to configure servers):
    It's not yet active, mostly because it needs to be properly connected to the server list UI - and the priority is on stable MP right now.
    But the fact that the values are already there should tell you something about the matter (if you know me :D )

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

C2F9B7C8-2766-486C-B8D1-6328C9FA8491.jpeg

Radfahrer, LeiF, Ricky Reject and 3 others like this.
  6. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Sure, if it depends only on server admin it's ok. Not being able to get to multiplayer because of that is a no no :D

Tberg likes this.
  7. Minolin

Addition: And my personal expectation is that in casual, public racing indeed the track medals will be the common rating requirement:
    1) it'll be a surprisingly good blocker for the worst clowns
    2) to unlock 3 medals / track in a ACC-lifetime is not really asked too much
    3) for anybody below "really confident simracer", 3 medals may even be a tough thing

Ofc. admins are free to completely overdo it, and request 3 medals, 95 SA and 75 RC to enter their empty server :D
    But what I can imagine is that a 0 RC (over -1 = off) Rating requirement will also be useful; That means you have to have beaten CN, CC, PC and SA somewhere in the past - which means you covered the basics and invested a bit of time in ACC. I think we should find populated servers with such settings, as most of the active drivers do unlock RC after quite short time.

8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Related to this matter, last night I noticed the following in a multiplayer race at Monza.
    During the first lap, some cars crashed into me for a couple of times, and all of them sent me off track quite fast.
    Almost at the very end of that first lap, when exiting the Parabolica, someone spun and, to avoid him, I went left, going off track once again. Immediately I got a DSQ for unsporting behaviour.

Would it be possible to fine tuning these situations, namely:
    1. track cutting when going off track due to a crash caused by another car
    2. track cutting when going off track to avoid crashing with a spun car

9. @Minolin
    if I enable these parameters will they prevent users who do not have the requirements to log in?
    Or is it just information in the lobby for now?
    I activated this in 0.6.0 and it had not worked.

10. Minolin

;)
    Although it's tempting to just activate things - I won't until the UI is perfectly able to explain what is going on. imo that's important for overall convenience, but even more during the EA phase where we have to efficiently deal with bug reports (and don't add reports that are just confusion because the user didn't have a chance to understand what's going on).

Effectively you would try to join, but be blocked - but doing it properly, you should see if you can join or not by just reading through the server list.

11. Thanks. To help I'll try to hold myself and not activate it kkkk

12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I like it minolin cant wait to see how will it work out :) Tnx for replies

13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Agree, but I don't think Kunos would ever consider locking mp.

14. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

This is becoming raceroom 2.0
    Mp is more stable,much better,improving features,etc,but it is a” butchery” festival for the first chicane in Monza.
    Most of players with. No time in qualify (example from 13th to 24th)bump into the first ones (1-10)merciless as they are not capable to brake on time.
    At the very first chicane shortly after the race starts.
    If you survive the multi crash you have chances to have a good result.

anyway I wanted to report a bug.
    After qualify let’s say you are 6th...I have noticed that inmediatly after,once the race is about to start,,your position
    Is correct on the grid(track) but the number on the left side of the hud,where the drivers show is not,,it may show 5th,or 8th for example.
    For your info.
    Rgds

15. tow

tow Racer

Please enable car damage system. Some people just love to hit people from behind because they know their car won't damage.

16. Tberg

Tberg Alien

That will not solve the problem, guaranteed. Rating filters will, in time.

17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

This is how I train for demon greasy fast speed!