1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

XB1 Trans whine too loud on some cars

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Speedster911, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Kunos,
    I love you guys!

I love your product - bar none the best physics I've experienced in any console driving game to date. I love the clean and crisp look of the game, and dear God - good job on the sounds of the cars!!!

My only complaint with the game is that the transmission whine is just abnormally loud in certain cars that don't have it in real life - like the LaFerrari, 599XX Evo, Huracan Performante and many others.

The motor and exhaust sounds are so brilliant but drowned out by the the high-pitched trans whine, which I find extremely unusual. In a striped-to-the-bone GT race car, the trans whine is loud but why these road cars with reasonable cockpit insulation? The 599XX-E is a track car I understand, but the trans does not whine like that in the actual car.

Please, oh please Kunos - I know you're very busy but please release a small update to include option for adjusting transmission volume. I'll buy all your fantastic products on PC and Xbox with eyes closed in future and regret not purchasing this masterpiece earlier.

Please consider this humble request. It's a genuine issue that's seriously affecting the gameplay/fun factor with some of the cars. It's a quick and easy fix - so please release a small patch for this, can you?

Any other way to let the developers know??? @AC Support @AC_CM505

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Audio Compressor sound/transmission whine GONE Dec 15, 2018
    Audio Bugs & Issues Ferrari TheFerrari transmission whine Nov 28, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Bmw z4 gt3 transmission whine Aug 7, 2015
    XBox One Discussions Volume slider for transmission please! Jan 21, 2020
    ACC Physics Car Braking forces not transferred to your force feedback Jan 3, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Last Oculus (CV1) update or ACC v.1.2 ->1.2.1 transition killed FPS Dec 19, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.1.2] Overhead Sign - Near/Far Transition Nov 1, 2019
    Chit Chat Room How do you use manual transmission and drift like Takumi from Initial D on the mountain? Oct 6, 2019
    General modding discussion No brake lights: 69/70 Camaro in ACL Trans Am Sep 23, 2019
    ACC User Interface Bad spanish translation in penalties Jul 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer [1.0.6] Transform MP race to SP by magic (aka server connection issue) Jul 13, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Transparent title bar? Jul 12, 2019
    ACC Gameplay errors in German translation Jul 5, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Admin Handbook (german translate) Jul 5, 2019
    Sounds modding Transmission sidechain Jun 15, 2019