1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic TRANSITION TO PC GAMING ADVICE

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ngolokante7, May 27, 2017.

1. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

Yeah thanks dude will definitely invest in a ssd and gpu but I think the 1070 would surplus my needs of only playing AC ! Will look around however, see if I can get a cheap one. Thanks mate

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, you'd be more than fine with the 1060 6GB, which would keep costs down.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

If it's just about AC then 770 will let you run 60fps at 1080p, just don't expect max details. At the beginning with AC I was using HD7850 that is slower than the 770. With medium-low details it was dipping below 60fps only with large grids due to not enough VRAM, otherwise it was >60.
    You can change your GPU at a later date. If the CPU had been the K version it would be better since it means you can overclock it. Then it would be more suitable for the 1070 than the non K version. But still, just for AC a 1060 or 480 will do just fine if you don't plan to run triples/VR/144hz.
    You can take a look at my signature to get an idea on how AC runs with the good old i5 2400 and gtx970. CPU won't let me use all the 970 power, but it's enough to never dip under 60fps with full grids (24 cars) and my settings that are also in my sig.

Jebus and ngolokante7 like this.
  4. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

Yeah I get you, thanks for the help man ! And yeah don't plan to use all that fancy stuff lol just a single monitor :) I'll have a look at the 480 n 1060 6gbs thanks once again !

5. A GTX 770 will run AC at medium/high graphics locked at 60fps with PP effects enabled; that is the card that I used for two years with AC before getting the GTX 1060 that I have now.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  6. My old benchmark results:

AC VERSION: 1.3.4 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=66 MIN=20 MAX=170 VARIANCE=5 CPU=33%

LOADING TIME: 33s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (1920x1080)
    OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x300-0x1
    CPU CORES: 4
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:5
    PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:4 DOF:0 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

7. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

Sweet, what I can understand looks good to me haha - was this with the i5 2500k mate?

8. Yes.
    With the 2500k (which is a beast processor, even for it's age) and a 770 I could run full grids locked at 60fps with all settings at high other than shadows and reflections. (which were all at medium)
    Visually there isn't much of a difference while at speed between those settings and max settings that the 1060 yields, but the 1060 pays for itself in the ability to have full grids of 4k skins. (or mods that have no LOD's)

ngolokante7 likes this.
  9. I'd buy it. Very good deal.

10. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Ended up missing out on the previous spec'd PC..

Just ordered this one instead for £290, (100 pounds cheaper for pretty much the same spec just missing the SSD but I've got a 250GB SSD that I'll reload the OS onto)
    Figures crossed its all working and runs AC better than what I'm running :) should get it this week sometime.

Intel Core i5 3330 22nm Quad Core CPU upto 3.2GHz!

Brand New Gaming Case - 7 Colour Changeable LED Stripe at the touch of a button!
    ASUS P8H61-MX Motherboard
    New 550w 80+ Bronze Rate PSU

Nvidia GTX 960 Graphics Card - HDMI Out

8GB DDR3 System RAM

500GB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Windows 10 Pro

11. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

Quick question ladies n gentlemen, is there any problem with using a stock intel cpu cooler for games like AC ?

12. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

Decided to get a better pc setup so slightly more future proof.... Anyhow... is this worth it guys ?

i5 6500
    8gb ddr4
    Gigabyte Gtx 1060 6gb
    Adata 128gb ssd
    MSI B150M mobo
    Bequiet psu (not sure w)
    24" liyama monitor
    Windows 10

For £540

Please let me know asap, been busy with uni but finally finished now and got time to buy n play :)

bradleyland likes this.
  13. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

with this setup you'll run AC maxed out without problems.....only the ssd seems to small for OS and AC

14. ngolokante7

ngolokante7 Rookie

I've got a multiple tb hdd spare mate from old pc's which shouldn't be a problem, but my question is the setup worth it for the price do you think mate ?

bradleyland likes this.
  15. boabmatic

I'm no PC expert but from what I've seen there is no need for upgrading the stock cooler if you are running factory clock speeds , only when u start over clocking is when you need extra cooling but you need a K marked processor for that.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  16. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

if mint...yes

ngolokante7 likes this.
  17. bradleyland

I don't know UK prices very well at all, but the 1060 6 GB is a $250-$300 card in the US, so that seems like a solid deal to me.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  18. boabmatic

in the UK the lowest price for the 1060 6Gb new is £225 , going up from there depending on the version...
    (got to love the poor Pound value at the moment against the dollar :mad: , I used to import DJ gear from the US as it was way cheaper even with the shipping but the exchange rate is terrible now)

ngolokante7 likes this.
  19. boabmatic

Trying out this PC tonight.... :cool:
    its running better than I hoped...
    hitting average 110 FPS on the benchmark with most settings on high except reflections , AA x4/ AFx8 and post processing on.
    nothing tweaked just using what AC had suggested with HD resolution.

Tried Project cars too and that was hitting 90 FPS with high settings (again just what it defaulted to )

Happy with the purchase just need to install the wheel drivers and clone the boot drive to my SSD.

ngolokante7 likes this.
  20. bradleyland

That is awesome news! It's nice to have some headroom in FPS too. I like to target an average of 90 fps or so, that way if you run in to any slowdowns, they might dip to 30 fps or so, rather than 15-20 fps. Nice buy dude!