1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple 1080p GTX970 settings

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by hasole, Aug 14, 2016.

1. hasole

hasole Gamer

Hi

Just gone triple screen with my gtx 970.

What settings is everyone running?

I've have in the nvidia driver MFAA turned on.

In AC
    AF 8x
    AA 2x
    Shadows Medium

Smoke Low

Mirror low
    HQ mirror off
    Reflection low
    Rendering ultra

At 5760x1080 it pulls 9029 pts avg 61 min 40 max 70

2. hasole

hasole Gamer

That was also fxaa off

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's pretty low FPS...I get 95 AVG in the benchmark with 8xAA and 16xAF.
    I suggest for you to ditch MFAA and deactivate PP. What Processor do you have?

4. hasole

hasole Gamer

ditching pp def ups the frames by alot

It is on a i5-6500 3.2ghz w/ 8gb ram on a mx200 ssd

Do most people run without PP?

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's a way better CPU than mine.

I'd say most run with PP. I decided for myself to run without because PP costs me 25 FPS even on low and the visuals don't justify such a huge decrease in smoothness.
    You're benchmark results seem plausible to me, though.

6. Uff

Uff Andrea Candini

I don't think so. The game really lose a lot without PP: Kunos himself stated many times that the game is meant to be used with PP on, as with PP off you might lose some effects (like brake lights) and it's something they're not going to fix. A 970 is more than capable of running a triple screen configuration with PP on: lower AA and reflections if you need to gain some fps.

7. hasole

hasole Gamer

I found this thread earlier today

https://m.reddit.com/r/assettocorsa...tto_corsa_125_a_graphical_settings_adventure/

Set my setting more or less according to that and got great results and I can't really tell too much difference.

AF 8x, AA 4x, World: V.High, Shadow: High
    Smoke: Normal, PP Normal, Ultra, Off, no FXAA
    Mirror Normal, Reflection: Med, Render, Med

no MFAA in the nvidia settings

Benched at 9561 Avg 65 45/76

Turned Vsync on, and it looks great.

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Sounds good @hasole. It's something everyone must figure out for themselves. My goal is to stay above VSYNC 60 at all times.
    When you run VSYNC you should set max prerendered frames in assettocorsa.ini to 1 to minimize input lag.

esox71 likes this.
  9. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

I use the settings in my signature always above 60 fps

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I just fiddled around some more with the settings and found that FXAA does a very good job in AC. I had to activate it through the NVIDIA inspector though because I lose 40 % of my FPS when I do it through AC. That's because in AC you must activate PP to have FXAA.

Which brings me to my question: Could you guys in here do an experiment for me? Just check in the AC benchmark how much of a difference it makes to ativate PP on very low, no further options of PP active. For me it's a 40 FPS difference. It seems odd that I can run high settings at around 100 FPS AVG on my triples but once I activate only a little PP it drops so massively.
    I noticed that when I had PP runing the CPU usage reported in AC dropped from 62 % to 37 % in the benchmark.

11. hasole

hasole Gamer

I just turned pp off with my settings and it bench 14526 avg 99 52/123 so avg 34 frames faster

LeDude83 likes this.
  12. wth PP 130 without 153 (benchmark)

on practice at nordschleife 280 instead of 140 :D

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    LeDude83 likes this.
  13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks guys. Ok so the FPS loss I get due to PP seems normal I'd say. Also, interesting to see how @hasole gets about the same FPS like me with a CPU 4 generations newer.

About that statement by Kunos that AC is meant to be played with PP on and "Good luck if you try it without.": there's no obvious reason behind this and it wasn't explained in further detail. It might as well have been a "heat of the moment" statement that people now take too seriously. I tried PP on vs. off many times and there's no downside in either version that could possibly impact your track performance. The brake lights you can see perfectly without PP and as for the colors it's more a matter of taste than anything else.

Don't get me wrong - I'd like to activate it :D But then the benchmark runs at 64 FPS AFG and that means you can expect lots and lots of FPS drops below 60 when racing online. @Tiago Lima I'd be much impressed if you have no drops below 60 on a full Barcelona grid in MP.

14. hasole

hasole Gamer

I have a few friends running 2700k cpus and 970s with no issues

Project cars though is much more cpu intensive

15. hasole

hasole Gamer

The file in 1.7.5 is not called assettocorsa.ini

The path is below
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini"

Change from 0 to 1

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. hasole

hasole Gamer

What are everyones thoughts on frame rate limit vs vsync?

17. With Vsync at 60hz AC is perfectly smooth. But input lag is a little more noticed (not much - use Max frame latency=1 to compensate) and FFB feels little less sharper. Anyway to achieve this visual smoothness you need to be over 100 FPS without vsync.

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The FFB feels the same for me at any frame rate. If the visuals lag behint too much FFB and image start to go adrift...maybe that's what you perceive.

+1 for the frame latency, though.

I recently deactivated VSYNC but capped the FPS. The result has some randomness to it...sometimes it was pretty smooth with no tearing but then tearing would hit in at some point. I also think that only with FPS a lot higher than your refresh rate (twice, ideally) should you deactivate both VSYNC and Frame limit.

Regarding input lag: it should be the same in both these scenarios, no?

19. daubster

daubster Alien

Bit off topic but do you guys have this MFAA issue as well ? Just an example (the curbs colors get mixed) as it happens everywhere where there's a significant color transition and motion blur is applied.
    Sorry if it was already asked and answered.​

ClipData_20160817_191154.jpg

20. hasole

hasole Gamer

I don't have mfaa on