1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. I was really looking forward to buying this but after seeing the no triple support it's a deal breaker for me, I use 4 screens and can't use NV surround as it causes all sorts of issues, AC's triple support is excellent and I was expecting the same, bit of a shame.

Is there a way of editing an .ini file to put in a resolution of 5760x1080 using a bordered window? If so I can live with that as I do that on some games and use SRWE to position it and get rid of the borders, it's still stretched like NV surround but I can at least race on triples?

2. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

I think Marcelo is doing exactly that:

3. FishforRent

FishforRent Racer

Initially I rationalized my purchase as just that - supporting KS. However Kunos, was the developer that presented themselves as trying to fill the gaps within the Sim market that many felt the large development houses were ignoring.
    I remember the YouTube presentation of the AC technical demonstration announcing EA for AC. At that time KS was targeting that small percentage of the sim market. Now it seems that KS is part of that development house making business decisions that ignore the market. This current business model differs greatly from that original business model. Disappointing to say the least, but I can't be too naive, 505/KS is in business to be in business.

I suppose if AC2 follows this same roadmap, then I'll have to wait for another small group of sim devs trying to fill the gaps that 505/KS is now ignoring:(. I'm not trying to be trite, the fact, as I see it = Visual Presentation is the only common connection to the audience across all platforms. And ignoring a LARGE percentage (judging by the original poll) of your original market share seems absurd.

I would love to know what positives/benefits that using UE provided to the team. Was it cost? pretty visuals? or was it contractual with 505? They had to use it? As he said 'these decisions were made before ACC even was'..... Sounds contractual with 505. And if that's the case, then the KS philosophy is truly no more.

/end rant.

Octane, paulieGTR, TriGgeR and 4 others like this.
  4. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

I think you are way, way, way overthinking this.

As you mentioned ANY business is in existence to render profits from which it can grow. Kunos is an never was any different, not when it was "only" a small indy developer, not now when the business is owned by a larger publishing house.

The focus of the racing sim Kunos is creating as a product has not fundamentally changed from what one can see today.
    The product is still very much focussed on bringing the very most accurately engineered driving and racing experience one can generate with a computer simulation to users - amateurs, gamers, experienced long term sim racers, professional racers all alike.

The reason why currently there is no triple screen support is surely NOT part of Kunos loosing focus on YOU or even as in other places hilariously stated a conspiracy of an evil publishing house who has bought out the soul of former indie developers who must now be swimming in cash ;-)

No, it is simply very early in development with one feature (triple screen rendering with individual screen projection) having received a lower priority (as the actual number of ALL Assetto Corsa users - yes, that includes console users as well - is smaller than the number of users who cried for years that they want rain, better shadows, day and night, more and more eye candy, …).
    It really is THAT simple.

I would say we all ought to simply CHILL and see and WAIT ;-)
    I for one enjoy IMMENSELY my time of racing online Assetto Corsa vintage Porsche cars and when I am not racing vintage Porsche cars online I am doing setup sessions with proper telemetry, research about engineering, vintage race information, specific cars, race against the AI, race with friends and I have barely ANY time left to race any of the other also excellent racing sims or even break my head about ACC (I just don't use ACC at this time without triple monitor support and I am immensely looking forward to the day when triple monitor support comes as a feature).

If it should turn out that triple monitor support will not be possible to be implemented then I will also not feel bitter or upset as the incredible time I have had so far (and continue to have) with Assetto Corsa surely makes me feel more than ok to have had paid the tiny price of ACC EA to Kunos / 505 as a little thank you for what they have done for sim racing.

Thank you Kunos for the very best time in sim racing since GrandPrix, GPL, NR2003 mods, RBR and GTR2 mods!

[​IMG]

5. Well I sort of got triples working with SRWE but there is no option for a windowed game I assume it's windowed borderless which means every time it transitions to race it goes back to one screen and I have to do SRWE again, anyone got a windowed game working?

6. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

Please Kunos, give us triple screen support, i have not played the game since day one because of this :(

Octane, Fanapryde, FatnSlo and 2 others like this.
  7. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

well said

8. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

What no monitor support, wait what?
    I thought this was Jurrasic season of the dinosaur

9. i think kunos will implement the triple screen support in a later stage.

10. Rudski

Rudski Alien

There might be another way to think about this, Kunos are not the only developer to use UE4. Can anyone name another developer who has gotten it working?
    The engine has it's limitations and possible this is one of them.
    With that all said, Epic Games hasn't actually said it's not possible, they simple haven't commented on the request. You can go to the developer forums and see people asking for it but so far no official reply.

WallyM likes this.
  11. So I'm putting some positive vibes out there for the Team Kunos. The things going in favour for it happening :

- They've previously built their own complete engine (so obviously they're pretty darn smart)
    - The UE4 engine provides source code
    - There's a handful of other games in the same category that could do with triple screen support (eg KartKraft just out)

So there's 3 likely scenarios
    1) Epic go "wow, there's some kick-*** simulators on our engine, we better get onto Triple Screen" <--- (now *surely* they must be thinking about it, here's something that's close https://trello.com/c/1kiWJPoL/304-ndisplay-flexible-multi-display-rendering)
    2) Kunos does it by modifying core source
    3) The dev houses band together and open source a plug in...

The other scenario
    4) No one figures it out. Not Epic or 3rd party devs.

I'm going on the "glass half full" theory that either 1,2,3 happens and slowly clearing space in the garage to put some monster triples.

trucidatio likes this.
  12. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Please read all the previous post guys, everything has been said, Kunos gave an input through @xHyper voice.

We all spoke about the fact that UE4 does not support natively triple screens except since last july update where they released N-display new functionality. (you can check previous posts to understand how it works and link to example project)
    And we also spoke about the Nvidia SMP technology wich IS supported by UE4 natively and coud be a solution for Nvidia users at least. (Iracing use this tech)

Basicly there is nothing more to say and this topic could even been locked to avoid same questions and answers, for more readability...

13. Seb Ferrara

Seb Ferrara Never give up

Just the quotation for "rebump" the official info on the last page

14. Krahl

Krahl Gamer

I wish I knew for sure before the 14th or had a guarantee of a refund if no triple support with full game release

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

The discounted price of $10 for me is already worth it :) But yeah, wish they'd soon come up with triple support too.

Octane likes this.
  16. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Krahl

You will have no refund at all and no guarantee of a proper triple support. This is a shame but it's their choice to use UE4. Now we can just wait and hope...

10$ discount is not a huge deal now we get closer to the final price as you will get no joy to play it with the actual triple support. They should have left it at initial 25 €/$ price for the wole early access time.
    You will find cheap key for sure at the release date on dedicated Key shops ;)

17. I feel a little confused right now.
    I don't want to be too controversial but....I don't know if I will play this game if they don't add the triple screen support.
    It was the best part of Assetto Corsa....the part I enjoyed much.
    A lot of pro sim racers use triple screen(I'm not a pro but I'm a serious racer) an a lot of pilots use triple screen simulators to train.
    In Italy we call this "autogoal"...a thing I can't believe Kunos will do.
    Davide Brivio's words give me a little hope they will add it in the future but right now I feel very bad.
    I hope they change idea and add triple support as soon as possible.
    Please Kunos do the right thing.

Tim Meuris and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  18. So new version is out today ... triple support part of it? I'm guessing not but thought i'd ask...

19. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

No

20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

You guessed right... (thanks for the heads up, I did not even think about the update until I read your post.
    Just tried the new car/track and (for me) Paul Ricard is not the best track to drive with the known stretched view. All these blue lines next to the track (and they tend to flicker) are not really helping either.
    So I'm still at a little bit over 4 hrs driving in total. Shame really...

kiril_r likes this.