1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Yep seems i was wrong. Sorry.

2. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

No problems, i was just wondering if i missed some information ;)

3. mms, Tim Meuris and nolive72 like this.
  4. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

5. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

seems promising indeed giving some hopes for us triples users.But looks like the community there is more discussing on this update about the Raytracing implementation than anything else. Was that not supposed to come to ACC as well?

anyway, hopefully this update will indeed help KUNOS devs on the triple screen feature for the game.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  6. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

You guys are completely dreaming !! We will not have triple support before/for game release ! If it happens, it is something they will look into AFTER the title release.

Why ? Simply because they can not switch engine version during devleopement as some deep functions handlings can be totaly re-written by Epic in their UE Engine and it can totaly broke a game or something you did way earlier (like in release 0.2). This will lead to hours of re-work wich they abviously don't have with the huge delay they have at the moment !
    We are again touching here the limit of using an engine that you don't own and master ! You are tied to the Engine provider with handcuff and nothing you can do ! It brings again the question of why the hell did they choose UE Engine for something that was suposed to be a real sim racing game..... why did they put obstacles on their own path ???

And i don't make up anything here ! Kunos devteam just betrayed themself on another post and another topic that tells everything.... you can check it untill it's here or modified:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/what-to-expect-from-0-6-x.54821/page-7

Now everyone will judge but only the foul could still believe to a proper Triple Support in a short term...

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  7. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please read carefully: nDisplay requires multiple PCs in order to work, it is not a multi-display system for single machine.

8. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I agree with that. Don't see it happening for a while.
    The rest of your post though is maybe a bit on the dramatic side. ;)

9. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

What I gathered from the documentation is that it allows multiple instances of your app to render one screen each and stay in sync, and allows said instances to be on one or multiple PCs.

10. :(

11. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I read the docs:

The cluster_node configuration also defines the hostname or IP address of the computer that will run that application instance. You may set up a different physical computer for each cluster_node configuration, or you may have multiple cluster_node configurations that run on the same host.

Mad.Motion likes this.
  12. LOL - that is not good - that would be like when you could do triples with Forza on the xbox 360 ... if you had 3 xbox and three copies of the game :)

Raklödder likes this.
  13. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

So the solution is easy: Use 3 VMs to render the screens. (I know it's not that easy ;) )

14. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

The docs seem to indicate you can run the app three times and coordinate the three cluster-nodes as they are called, but those instances can be run on the same machine. Whether this means three times the amount of memory I don’t know. Maybe just the rendering engine needs to run three times.

15. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Here is the other problem: I struggle currently to maintain decent FPS in a race on triples with single nvidia surround viewport rendering at 1080p with 1080ti. Since ACC graphics doesnt allow you to increase FPS without quite noticeable graphics trade-off I wonder what is going to happen if triples are supported and both of the mirrors will have to be rendered with non-super mario 1 pixels especially if the unreal engine implementation is not superfast and has some overhead and a bunch of people asking for this dont have >=1080ti cards.

Whew, long sentence. Better forget about this for at least a year....

elchshooter likes this.
  16. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

So next month the full so called sim releases, still no triple screen support and the communication from Kunos is that of SMS with PCars triple screen support.
    Time i just stop hoping for this sim to meet our needs and move on, remember there are many sims out there that cater for sim racers with triples.
    shame though as I' so wanted this to work for Kunos after backing them from the very beginning of AC, i also believe that this sim will cause a big divid, but in doing so will be its own downfall.

FX2K and Mad.Motion like this.
  17. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I’m not so negative. Yes triple support right now is not good, but it’s not unplayable.
    Let’s take worst case scenario. Physics engine stays, graphics engine replaced by custom or different engine. Now is that a possibility? I mean I understand they committed to UE4 but IMHO, commercial needs trump engineering every time. So if UE4 spells disaster....

Glen Orpheus likes this.
  18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Never try to stop a rolling stone - bye bye :cool:

19. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

I wish i still had faith in them to deliver, but the lack of communication just makes me think this will never happen, TBH i don't believe for one second that they will abandon the UE4 especially at this point in the development for another game engine.
    i'm aware that it ca be achieved for Nvidia cards as they support multi projections natively since the 900 series and from what i heard Kunos does not want to explore that as it would cause a divid .....lol.
    i hope i get to eat my words, but for me personally i can't play it with a fisheye FOV.
    But hey! AC now with Sol and other mods etc is once again breathing new life into the title, mods have kept this sim alive and will continue to do so for some time yet ;)

Tim Meuris, Octane and Mad.Motion like this.
  20. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Admittedly that’s been iRacing’s strategy. Milk the engine till there’s nothing left to give, and then some more! They focus on the commercial aspect of the operation. Their primary goal is to get people to commit to the online experience. Then if needed improve the engine. Some basics are solid, others could do with massive improvements.
    If the aim of ACC is to serve as an alternative to iRacing, triple screen might become a non issue if they make sure that graphics is not the primary selling point.
    By alternative to iRacing, I mean poaching drivers away from it, myself included, who would happily spend extra for tracks and cars.
    It’s a game (the commercial game) within the game: UE4 will prove its mettle in the long run I guess that’s what they are counting on.
    Difficult one. I really can’t see this product finished within this ‘final’ release anyway.

Glen Orpheus likes this.