1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I think this resumes the elitist attitude of (at least some) triple screens users, AKA "The finest members of the simracing community".

If it does not have triple screen support, it can't be called a sim.

2. Its a sim ... I can't play it, however, without triple support as I can't see enough to drive on a single 27" monitor.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  3. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

I do believe you are just trying to put words in my mouth sir, as i said no such thing. you are however implying that I'm an elitist and each reply you make is a negative one.
    The facts are in black and white and i don't wish to engage any further in this mindless charade.
    But as I'm sure you'll want the last word, just know that I've blocked you so i won't see it.
    You have a great rest of you're day ;)

4. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Ok, so he didn't call it "the so called sim". I must have imagined it then.

5. Octane

Octane Simracer

Sim, or no sim...this game is appealing to hardly anyone at this point. The "everyday features" expected from a sim that are not in ACC are telling. EA or not.
    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/310560,244210,378860,805550

Mad.Motion likes this.
  6. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Another example of arrogant attitude. If it doesn't have Triple Screen Support, then "is appealing to hardly anyone at this point".

Seriously, the thing (because hey, I am not sure if I can call it a sim or not, after hearing what the "true simracers" are saying about it) has not yet been released. Can't you hold your negativity until "the so called sim" is actually released? It's the only think I am asking everyone.

Kopiller, Freddie Seng, Hagen and 4 others like this.
  7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Other angle
    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/310560,244210,378860,805550#All ALL

Assetto Corsa released had near to 2k of people peaking in 1 year since released on steam around 1 year after release it peaked at 4k people and then probably 1.0 version it peaked at 7k people dropped to 2k and since then it grown steadily.

Dirt rally
    almost 2 years after release barely reaching 2k people playing it until something happened it peaked to 6k people and dropped growing steadily

Project Cars 2
    after successful 1st game people jumped the Ian Bell hype train witch derailed after release and game just stayed at 2k end of story.

Assetto Corsa Competizione -
    2k people peak and steadily going towards 1.0 and then we will see what will happen. (keep in mind that on release 2 according to the timetables on hotlap event there was 11k people that made their laps,since then each release there is around 6-7k of people that leave their hotlap on leader-boards) 4 months OUT

Regular player count does not mean nothing now in early access a lot of people dont want to play unfinished game,a lot of people are waiting for 1.0 version. A lot of people bought the game just to get it cheap. It just does not make sense to compare it at the moment.

8. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Releasing a racing sim without triple monitor support isn't a smart move...it will always be a sim (physics side) but a sim with a serious lack...so you can defend it as much as you want but reality remains, it is odd and a shame!

9. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Honestly, if i still owned my triple setup, i also would be devestated. I have to say, i played AC with 3x27", oculus rift and one 34" curved and all in all the tripple setup was the most "complete" experience after all. I'm hoping for the magic kunos rabbit, but don't really understand by now, that this classic sim feature wasn't a basic requirement when choosing an engine...
    anyway, it doesn't matter, if performance doesn't EXPLODE in later game versions, as i can't imagine playing a 6 hour multiplayer race with triples (or vr) with the low framerates we have at the moment. I spent countless hours to get ac to work at constant 60 fps on triples, cause i just hate stutter and in my opinion it still looks quite good. I now have a system that's about 40% faster and just can't imagine how acc should work in competitive multiplayer other than on a single monitor... and this, sorry, would be a major step back. But let's see.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Octane and rauf00 like this.
  10. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

It has not yet been released.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

sissydriver and jaxx_za like this.
  11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

[​IMG]

What is your excuse :D

12. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

This.

The rest of your post was just a clone of all the rants in this excuse of a thread.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

13. elchshooter

Yeah, okay, release is about 2 Months away, and all people, that are concerned, that kunos won't be the first ones, who are able to get UE to work properly with triples(and spent lots of money for these) are idiots.
    Typical egocentric "not my problem, so there is none" behaviour.

Yeah, let's see what happens. But it doesn't seem very realistic to me.

14. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Side note...no trackir/edtracker/etc support...

15. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I am a VR user, and right now performance is not as good as I would like. But you won't see me repeating it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... you get my point, right?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    jaxx_za likes this.
  16. elchshooter

Yes, i get it. But i'd call that "reverse proportional". The less information on kunos side, the more "rant" on the other. It's the most natural thing in the world. They are rewriting multiplayer -》 They communicated it -》Most People appreciate it.
    There is no information, if it will come, they are working on it, or if it's just not possible. Early Access is "one hand washes the other. Developers get data and feedback, people the chance to play early and cheap.
    If you don't want negative feedback in public you have to pay beta testers.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  17. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...le-monitor-support.50856/page-11#post-1002844

There you have it. Buried in this sorry excuse of a thread, post after post, repeating the same, over and over and over and over... They should have locked the thread after that post.

And if I was Kunos, I would seriously consider not starting an Early Access program again. What would harm the group of honest Early Access users who know how it works and what to expect and not expect from it.

18. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

I still don't know why this thread wasn't locked after that post. Could be open again after there is progress (like FFB thread).

sissydriver likes this.
  19. elchshooter

Okay, you're right, i was looking for the yello
    "KS Dev Team"- label. Sorry for that.

Nonetheless my definition of a honest EA-user is the opposite of fanboyism.
    I don't see acc near 1.0 state anywhere. Do you?
    i hope they push the release back half a year.

Octane and Glen Orpheus like this.
  20. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Why would you see it? The current version is at least two months behind the dev version. I really keep getting surprised by how hard it is for people to grasp in what stage the game currently is and what you can reasonably expect from it.