1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/amd-eyefinity-fxaa.57225/ - anything resembling my issues here? bit worrying if it's not AMD related like I thought.

2. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Not got any pictures but... it does help. Seems to be changing the fov of the centre screen, which I need to figure out, because I like it to be accurate, but it felt a lot more comfortable taking a tight corner with the correction applied to how it was previously.

Screenshots won't really do it justice because its not seen from the angle of my screens, but here's a comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. OK, Managed to make it work. Only works using the option NO "HMD" when launching the game.
    The thing is, it is unplayable. Too much blur. Apparently the blur is only on the center screen. I have to say, It looks OK and acceptable for a work around solution. But If I cant remove the blur, no way I can play it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It might not look too blurry on the pictures, but believe, it is like playing on LOW RES.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  4. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

*lol* looks like 640x480 res scaled to max screen

menos | M6 and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  5. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Before:

[​IMG]

After (had to change fov to compensate)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The biggest difference (not visible in images) is, when you take tight corners, like say T1 @ Monza, previously the outer screens would move at warp speed, it was nauseating. This does solve that for me at least.

6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Like I said...
    Have you tried to see if increasing the resolution multiplier helps?

7. I really would like some advice from KUNOS about this. Is there something else to be done about it?

Thanks.

8. Prolligan

Prolligan Rookie

It does not work for me. What is meant by HMD, please?

9. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

^ VR headset

10. When you open the game via Steam, there are 4 options, Normal, Steam VR, Oculus Vr e the last one is no "hmd". Choose this one. Not sure if this should be like this. I believe it should work on normal mode too.

Thanks.

Prolligan likes this.
  11. Diabolus

Diabolus Gamer

I can't see more than half of virtual mirror with correction at 1.0, any advice?

12. You will need to play with FOV and View Distance, but then it becomes a bit weird. As I said, I have no idea how to configure this properly. Hopefully in a few days someone will know exactly what to do with this feature.

13. Boris S.

Boris S. Rookie

looks horrible when the option is on. it looks like a very low resolution on center screen. if they can fix it, its a very good solution for now for triple screen users.

14. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

testet it now and its... its... what is this?
    every setting above 0.0 is horrible.
    when try to adjust the fov i lost vision on the sides, when adjust the distance im sitting in the trunk/backseat.
    is this limited to a maximum screensize? (got 3x 40")

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  15. Good step forward but as said @Boris S. center screen lost to much graphics quality when enable :(

16. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Just done some quick testing myself to see what this looks like. Surprisingly not that bad provided you increase super sampling to compensate for the centre screen being under sampled by default.

My side screens are angled at 50 degrees to my centre. Field of view given my eye distance to screen works out at 50 degrees (per screen), 150 degress total. Bezel compensated resolution in Nvidia surround 6030*1080.

I tested in the Lambo at Monza on the P1 grid slot, hotlap mode, clear conditions. FoV was set to 50 in view options and then I adjusted seat position to compensate as required. +10 forward without the view compensation applied and -20 back with it applied. This allowed me to see most of the in car dash/ECU.

Without compensation 82 FPS
    With compensation set at 1.0, screen resolution 100% 77 FPS (centre screen is undersampled and looks very blury)
    With compensation set at 1.0, screen resolution 150% 40 FPS (centre screen close to quality of that when compensation is turned off)
    With compensation set at 1.0, screen resolution 130% 52 FPS (centre screen image boarderline acceptable - probably the compromise to make to obtain reasonable frame rate)

Most of my other graphics options were set to high, AA temporal - epic. If I was still using three screens I'd go with 130% screen resolution and turn down to other settings to get the frame rate over 60FPS or build a more powerful computer. These days I only play in VR so fortunately don't have to worry about this, 45 FPS with ASW 2.0 gets the job done well enough for me not to worry about it.

17. FX2K

FX2K Racer

The virtual mirror seems to move with this setting too instead of remaining static like other hud elements.
    Essentially, with my view set in a suitable position, I can't see it, its too high (off screen)

And yeah, the centre screen quality suffers, big time. Although, setting it lower, around .4 and changing fov to suite, helps a bit, compromising the correction for a bit more quality.

18. It's horrible ! What a FIASCO !!!

Prolligan likes this.
  19. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

Can I please ask what computer you have to get this performance?

20. Almost 50% fps drop to get same image quality? This is insane!