1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Monitor vs HTC Vive

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by dkwuan, Jun 11, 2016.

1. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

I was curious to know which will give you a better sim experience with great immersion, the traditional triple monitor setup or to go with the new VR headset such as the VIVE?

I play a lot of sims such as AC and also flight sims like DCS World and P3D as well and wanted to hear your thoughts? I've been thinking of getting the HTC VIVE. No need for IR Tracker no more.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple monitor Aug 30, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    Screens & Videos Triple monitor Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions 4070 ti for Triple 1440p monitors? Apr 12, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Triple monitor : side monitors stretched distorted please help Apr 23, 2021
    Screens & Videos Triple monitor FOV Apr 21, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos triple monitor and screenshots Jul 27, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Monitor Question re triple screen Apr 6, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions How well does the RX 5600 XT perform @ 5760x1080 triple monitor setup? Mar 25, 2020
    Screens & Videos triples - side monitor distortion Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars ACC Triple Monitor - Bezel Changes Mar 3, 2019
    Screens & Videos Triple Monitor Vertical Height - F1 Playseat Feb 5, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Triple Monitors May 9, 2018

3. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

If you want a seated experience as you described, an Oculus Rift may be more suitable for you. And cheaper.

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Many people with experience in both stated that VR is a more immersive experience, even if it is more trouble to make it work and interface with than 3 screens. It might also end up being more expensive. I have still to read someone saying 3 screens is more immersive.
    If you can afford it the path is pretty clear, it is just a question of when and with what version of VR. If you do not have a 3 screen set up yet, the future spells VR.

5. The IC

The IC Racer

Just thought id mention, AC works great with the Vive using the ReVive tool...i much prefer using the headset to triple screens, the depth perception and the overall "feel" that youre in the car is really good (imo)

Roomspace stuff with the Vive is great too, but if you dont have the space for that, its a moot point...plus the Rift is supposed to get that sort of thing later on too

6. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

I went from triples to vr, even if it's just a DK2, vr is way more immersive than triples. And I do believe that every body that went from triples to vr will concur.
    But, as said before it is more hardware hungry. My triple setup was wit a first gen i7 and a HD7970 and I could maintain 60fps without any issues with almost no comptimises. Everything max except shadows low and reflections static. No way I could use that system for smooth vr.

7. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

I went back to triples ;)

William Sebastian likes this.
  8. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

I stand corrected :)

Care to elaborate why?

9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Many write they prefer VR over triples because in VR they have better depth perception (because of 3D effect) and real head-movement.
    Well, with my triples-setup I already have all this because I play in 3D vision surround (3D effect) and use TrackIR for head movement.
    Still I preordered a Rift to try out AC in VR. I hope that I will enjoy the "being there"-effect in VR although my triples-setup gives me a much higher resolution and crisp-clear 3D without any risk of nausea...

10. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

Agreed. But, have tried tunring your head to look behind you? Advantage vr. Better res and AA? Advantage triples.
    I guess in the end it's all about peronal tatse.

Dean Ogurek and jim jones like this.
  11. GTHQ_koop

I don't like the OR graphics (yet), fov triples is better, use of buttonbox impossible with Rift.

I still have to go 3d with my 1080, haven't tried that...

I do like VR but it's not there yet for me :)

12. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I had triples for a few years and removed 2 displays because the Rift is a far better sim experience. With the Vive I was on the fence because it currently doesn't look nearly as clear, but with the rift I'm sold 200%. Kunos needs to directly support the Vive so it will look as good as the Rift.

And FYI VR is far less resource intensive as triples with 3D.

13. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

I'm using tripes and 3DVISION. Very wide FOV, very immersive. NTL I would try VR once upon a time, but at the moment I am happy with my setup.

14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Are you saying 3 screens give you a wide FOV or are you saying that you are using a wide FOV value, as opposed to what it is supposed to be in relation to the size of your screens and the distance you are sitting from your screens and find it immersive.

15. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Can't comment on triple, but I now prefer using the Rift to my 1440P 144hz Gsync monitor. Really no comparison for immersion. It's so weird going back to a flat image.

16. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

May this answer your query:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      25.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  17. GTHQ_koop

Gonna attach my kit tomorrow after this picture, looking good :)

18. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I had triples and went to VR 2 years ago. I would never go back.

I do racing and flight. Racing is better than flight at this current time as a lot of what you are looking at in racing is closer than flight. With the resolution of the rift objects farther away dont look as good as close objects.

It depends what you fly as to how much that will handicap you. In p3d, I dont think any handicap. In DCS, depending what aircraft and role then perhaps a handicap if you fly with labels off. I.e. dogfight. BVR ok, closer then you have to spot the aircraft.

I mostly race these days so the tradeoff goes to VR.

I have seen people go back to triples but I have seen them all admit the HMD was more immersive but they personally didn't like the resolution. This is mostly a reflection of the DK2 resolution as CV1 is quite new but they may still feel the same way.

Some will say VR, some will say triples. There is no absolute but I am confident I see many more people stick with VR than go back. There is currently a thread over at iracing about who will be racing the new season with their HMD, all but a couple are going to.

Personally I think it is there. I would go with the rift if you were to order now. It's great for flying and racing and you really are at the mercy of someone else for the vive to work with revive. Today it might work, tomorrow it may not.

Edit, also, there is a lot of noise about.. Try to make sure the advise you take on board is from people that have both. A lot of that noise is from triple users that have not used an HMD and 'imagine' what it is like and cannot see themselves living with a smaller FOV, just off the specs etc when the reality becomes obvious when you use it. Things like the FOV are natural, large and just works as you now move your head very naturally. Thats just one of the perceived negatives people voice without having tried it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    nivadepi and SimDrive like this.
  19. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

Only to mention it again and to be sure that we compare apples with **lol** I'm using triples WITH 3DVISION, this is a big step forward in comparison with triples "only" in 2D. NTL I am open to VR.

20. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

Addendum: one advantage (while there are many disadvantages of 3DVISION) is the fact that the real dashboard, the wheel, the shifter, the handbrake etc. all is part of your 3D content. That said I use a button box and can push any buttons not in a blind mode :)

21. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

I do have 3d vision and trust me, it's nothing like VR