1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Monitors

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Petro1head, May 9, 2018.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

How weird...because the burn-in on plasmas wasn't an issue with the latest models, no? I played so much Forza and COD on my Panasonic Plasma TV and it didn't burn in.

2. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Burn in comes from static images, like desktop icons, not from playing games of watching video material. Again, not sure if it's even an issue if your screen saver works property.

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, as @Andrew_WOT said above, think more along the lines of leaving your word/excel doc open for hours on end, anything that’s static on screen will burn in and be there forever. Tvs are easier to control as the image always moves and it’s easy to make sure it turns off or plays something along the lines of a screensave when it doesn’t as you can just force it with a tv and not allow users to change it. Doing that is not practical with a pc monitor

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yeah I know. With Forza the HUD is always exactly in the same position, though all the time. I recall that the screen used smart stuff like pixel orbiting or so to prevent burning in.

But I can see that it'll be critical with PC use.

5. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Hey guys. I‘m looking for a new monitor for my rig. And although I‘m going for only one single monitor I think this might be the thread to catch some opinions.

For now I‘m considering two options:

1) 27“, Full HD, 144hz
    2) 27“, WQHD, 60hz

What would you prefer? Higher res/lower refresh rate or lower res/higher refresh rate?

Best regards,
    Carsten.

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Little value in high refresh rate if you cannot sustain that fps, vsync will also be a problem to lock that high unless you have gsync or freesync for amd.
    And 1080p is the last century standard, surprised someone is still making panels of that resolution.

CKraegel likes this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Are you also surprised that millions are paying a fortune for VR goggles with a (geometrically compensated) even much smaller pixel density than a 24" 1080p screen?

8. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Without so much as a hint of a doubt, DO GO BIGGER for a single screen.
    I run a triple screen setup with 27" screens and the major limitation with such small monitors, especially widescreen format is your vertical field of view.

You will be clipping off your dashboard AND the window frame and rear view mirror at the same time.
    It is not an ideal screen size for sim racing at all.

Performance wise I would tend to go for a 60Hz refresh rate is it is so much easier to throw all eye candy at the monitor your GPU and CPU can afford and still have plenty of headroom while you will be struggling with a 144Hz monitor to sustain high enough FPS.

LeDude83 and CKraegel like this.
  9. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

This really depends on sevaral factors.
    - Which graphics card do you have, and how fast is it in the games you play regularly?
    - Do you use v-sync?
    - How sensitive are you to motion blur?
    - How sensitive are you to aliasing?

In general I would say that a 1080p 144Hz monitor will give you the best of both worlds. Because you can create a DSR (nVidia) or VSR (AMD) resolution at 2560x1440 and have the option of higher refresh rates too.

LeDude83 and CKraegel like this.
  10. @Biner
    I know this is an old post, but this is the only place I have been able to find some one that might be able to help me with an issue..

I too have 3x LG24MP68VQ, recently acquired from a second hand purchase. I am running into trouble with Assetto Corsa, that the picture is stuttery in an increasing severity when playing for sustained time. Actually this is in both original AC as well as ACC. I seem to have found, that the LGs are 'frame skipping' at anything above 60hz. So at the set factory setting of 75hz with freesync on, it is sometimes smooth but even though im well within the freesync range (in fact locked at a very steady 72 fps for example), the picture gets stuttery and it gets worse and worse. This is very annoying, as the bumpyness is already quite severe in race cars in AC with triple screens.

As you say to (have) own(ed) a similar screen setup, could you tell me if this is an issue you recognize? And if you still own them, would you be willing to test if you also get frame-skipping results from a test such as a UFO test.

At 60hz I find it is really undesirable to keep a margin from the resfreshrate in the frame limit, as I think 60hz is minimal.

Hope you would like to reflect on this! :) Thanks in advance