1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

I'm sure they will add triple screen support, just wait for some next releases, I dont think they wanted to release every feature from day 1 or just is not ready yet.
    As steam says just before buying: do not buy the game atm if you dont like the current state phase, there's a lot of people complaining for features since day 1 and yelling that they are going to ask for a refund.
    To ask for a feature in a future its ok but I dont get the point of some people for comparing this current state to already finished games.
    Surely they will answer, I think its better for them to staying busy resolving issues for now

NWG.Slum likes this.
  2. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

I find in every game its a 15% to 25% hit.. RF2 i lose from 90fps down to around 60fps. Pcars 2 i go from 105fps down to about 75, I racing is less of an issue, but thats because the graphics engine is that old with simple shaders i only see around 10% hit.

With 1 viewport, you render all objects, texture map them, add lighting and shading to the image, and send to framebuffer.

With 3 viewports, you render the objects in each viewport as the camera angle is different for each screen, texture map them for each viewport, light them for each viewport (Different angles of lighting ) and then send to framebuffer. There are tricks and shortcuts, eg single lighting pass direction for all 3 viewports and so on, but there is always an added overhead.

Serge Pribicevic and NWG.Slum like this.
  3. Eddy Baldon

Eddy Baldon Gamer

Look at the UI and the game crys: I´m designed for consoleros. Watching this UI @ my triple, I get eye cancer. SLI? Triple 4K? Surround? Consoleros don´t need this.

Kunos would be well advised, to recruit the russian dev of the alternate launcher from Assetto Corsa Club. THIS is an UI for PC.

Fanapryde and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  4. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I really wonder why none of the Devs finaly confim triple screen support for one of the upcoming releases...
    This feature is a must have for a racing sim in my eyes. A short confirmation would quit our concerns and everyone would be pleased!

5. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

yup i said the exact same thing, with them being so quiet on this subject makes me think of Project Cars and the empty promise to include it, hopefully it will come but if ACC Support don't answer, people will make there own judgments.
    and it literally takes less than 5 seconds to write, its coming ;)

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  6. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

I suspect its due to the unreal engine not natively supporting it, so its going to require a fair bit of work to implement. (If at all).
    Maybe something post launch (q2-q3 2019)

I'm hoping im very wrong.

7. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I gotta say I'm rather surprised it's not supported. I don't know why but I thought when they released the videos of ACC in Misano they had three screens but after looking again I noticed they were using huge single screens.

I guess I missed a bullet here cause I only use VR and am happy to wait the three weeks.

Fingers crossed they work it out.

8. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

Yeah I’m of the same opinion that it’s an UE4 limitation, but like you I hope we are wrong.

9. Still no info from the developers about this topic. :(

Hopefully a friend of mine, who is visiting Sim Expo in Germany, may get some additional info I'm happy to share here.

If the support for triple screen setups will not be implemented at least in the final release I will stay with R3E for the future.

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  10. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

At least any kind of reaction to this topic from KS would be nice! :(

Glen Orpheus likes this.
  11. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

I stopped reading this thread because this comment annoyed me so much. Then after a while I felt I just have to say something to you. Your arrogance and dick-waving with this comment is just off the scale. No doubt you had a delicious thrill go through you when you thought about how people were going to be doing the math and seeing that on average you spend $100 - $150 a day on lunch per person. I mean wtf man, why do you feel the need to proclaim how amazingly rich you are? I think you need to learn a little humility, you're a human being just like the rest of us.

Here's a video just for you:

LeiF, FatnSlo, SchumiF399 and 3 others like this.
  12. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

Yup gave him the same response

13. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

Maybe we’re not getting an answer because nobody has included their log files
    75A2509B-5A4B-48F1-8EF2-5D8F7324ED3E.jpeg

_Fulgore_ likes this.
  14. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Well, we're not exactly reporting an issue. We just want to know if (or rather when) proper tri-screen will come. Guess we'll just have to wait and see for now. :)

15. crimespree

crimespree Racer

I’d love a yes or no. I’d buy it now if so. I’m guessing they want to but can’t guarantee it with the new engine

16. mike599xx

mike599xx Rookie

I set up triple screen using nVidia surround spanning. It's not as good as true triple screen due to the sides being stretched out. I still like it better than single monitor though. At least I can see something on the sides.

Whitestar likes this.
  17. trucidatio

trucidatio Gamer

Ischemica and Micii1 like this.
  18. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

Struggling to see where they said its in.. i see a "
    Marco Massarutto
    Hope so, still under investigation (UE4)
    [​IMG][​IMG]9 · Like · React · Report · Yesterday at 7:41 PM
    " -

So i only seeing him say he hopes they can put it in.. UE4 doesn't support it in its current state (so they can investigate it for a long time), but you can code it in yourself, if you want to write in some low level additional rendering code ... I then see a heap of links to stretched ultrawide 5760x1080.

Glen Orpheus likes this.
  19. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

FatnSlo and Nahkamarakatti like this.