1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Thanks.
    The one I am looking at is the C43J892 which is 3840x1200 @120hz, so shouldn't be as power hungry (and is considerably cheaper).
    https://www.ebuyer.com/900707-samsung-c43j892-43-curved-ultrawide-uhd-curved-monitor-lc43j892dkuxen

I will be using it for Wreckfest, and possibly F1 2019 and WRC if I buy them. Possibly for MS Light Sim (the new one that looks amazing, when released).

Proper FOV would always be better, but that would require a 49" or triples that I really don't have the space (and money) for.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  2. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Upgrading to a 1440px monitor and a 144Hz capable at that will be without a doubt a great update if GPU and CPU performance are matched.
    The one single thing that really holds back ANY 1080px based triple setup is indeed vertical resolution which is really, really visible in sim racing (all details further down the track, very visible moire effects, lack of definition in fine details, even teh cockpit and dash screens).

For that alone a higher res monitor is a great update (if the PC can drive three of them).
    Higher refresh rate than 60 is great to have but at current GPU + CPU tech unfortunately modern racing sims are throttled by either turning down graphics details and having a great refresh rate or having super smooth refreshrate and much reduced input lag combined with potato graphics (when running three screens that is - there is no such restriction if running only a single screen).

I didn't know you planned to update your GPU + CPU as well ;-) so you should be fine and I am sure you are going to love the upgrade.
    I keep tattering along with those 1080 screens for a little while longer ;-)

I know the benefit of good quality high end screens as on the devices I use for work only the best screens are good enough - you only have one pair of eyes after all ;-)

Coanda likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

haha I'll be happy, not sure about my wife though.. eh what can you do.. :D it's been a long time coming, going from a gpad to a wheel, back to a gpad for several years then back to a wheel and proper rig.. I'm planning to build me first liquid cooled pc. Just doing my homework about galvanic corrosion as I would like to do an open loop setup. we shall see as I may go closed loop for safety and longevity of hardware as this sh!t is bloody expensive.. :)

menos | M6 likes this.
  4. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Coanda

I would not go 2flat + 1 curved specially with different panels from different manufacturer. Not mentioning that it looks weird when you sit in the bucket.
    I personnaly run 3 x curved and it's perfect.

Best bang for the bucks today for 1440P@144Hz is AOCCQ32G1 and it runs really well ! But it won't do any miracles in ACC, it stills look distorded garbage...

Coanda likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks for reference. Unfortunately that model can not be sourced locally therefor it would have to come from the US which gets a little messy with customs etc... Ive been looking into the AOC AG322QC4 as it looks good on paper and is probably 2/3 the price of the Asus however again it's not easy to find locally.

6. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Coanda

where are you from ? cause this monitor can be found or shipped in many country.

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

As a foreigner living in the Philippines I have to be careful ordering hardware of a certain worth and they recently changed the laws here and there is no guaranties it will pass customs without paying off dodgy greedy import brokers who are in on the game with their buddy customs officials. I recently had a bad experience trying to bring some Fanatec gear from the US all because Fanatec do not deliver here which I find strange considering they operate out of Australia and Japan. First I had to have someone in the US buy & receive the goods between the hours of 9-5 pm Mon-Fri which is not so easy due to people working which cost $140 USD shipping + fees. I then needed them to drop the goods off to a DHL drop off point between 9-5 pm Mon-Fri which again is not so easy due to people working. DHL themselves will charge you almost double the price if you book the same shipping through their US website and not their Philippines website. Lucky for me I choose the later however it makes no logical sense to me and tells me they are ripping off US citizens and the likes of.. This cost me $500 USD however DHL also took an additional swipe on my credit card a week later for $150 USD which I am still disputing and nobody can tell me why because when I booked the shipping online the dimensions and weight were correctly entered into their system therefore it has nothing to do with package adjustments. My goods arrived within days however it took almost 3 weeks to have them released as customs wanted to seize them as foreigners are only allowed up to 1,ooo USD per shipment and locals up to 2,000 USD per shipment and anything above can only be done once per year with filling for special consideration which takes a lot of time and effort or you have to go through a 3rd party broker who has an import license and can basically charge what he wants. DHL never tell you this even though you declare the values of the goods prior to shipping. I had to have lawyers sign an affidavit however this was rejected by customs as they recently changed the law. The only way to have them quickly released is to pay a dodgy broker 2,000 USD which is a joke considering the goods are worth 3,000 USD. That said after weeks of negotiating and stress I managed to have them release it. I had to pay the usual 12% VAT however here is the kicker + 8% customs duties.. All in all another 600 USD. The president here recently said he wants to get rid of 3rd party import brokers as it generates corruption. He has changed many things here when it comes to this sort of thing so hopefully he pulls through. I am all for sourcing goods locally however you can not always do it and when you do find what your looking for here it can be 25-50% overpriced.

Long story short I'll look into matey.. :)

8. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Coanda

I feel ya.... it really suxx :(

Good luck then to find what you want.

Coanda likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thanks mate. :) What I want and what I get are normally two different things. It's always a compromise here unless your filthy rich and don't give a sh!t.. Anyway I shouldn't complain, especially after you see how some people are living here.. :eek::(

.. and please don't get me wrong, the Philippines is a beautiful country in many ways.. :)

10. djmartens

djmartens Rookie

Looks like they're listening to us

Attached Files:

Tim Meuris, Whitestar and Micii1 like this.
  11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

And when they did not??? It takes time to do something.. we just have to be patient :)

Dookie, Whitestar, menos | M6 and 4 others like this.
  12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Oh man...getting super excited. Hopefully they can pull it off and get acceptable frame rates.

13. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

No quadruple, no buy :D

:cool:

14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

This is nothing new?!
    Looks like this since introducing Pannini.

Any source for that pic.?

15. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

The pic is on their Facebook :)

16. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

17. BlivAK

BlivAK Gamer

yea bwoi!

18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Hyping something we have already???

Look at the right monitor, you still can not look out of the window.

Coanda likes this.
  19. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

CanĀ“t find it!

20. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Aris also just posted this pic on Facebook