1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Barrosini

Barrosini Rookie

Thanks for your answer.
    I run with a 9900k and monitoring the cpu usage and frames, makes little to no difference if there are 9 A.I cars or 18. That was not the case with the I7 7700k, where i found that reducing the number of A.I cars would help in performance. Not with the 9900k though. I will just wait to see if more people write in.

2. Barrosini

Barrosini Rookie

True triple support would mean 3 separate, independent, images to render at the resolution of the each monitor, right? The topic here is to know NOW how many frames so that we can have a baseline!

3. Barrosini

Barrosini Rookie

I thought that at this resolution (5760x1080) the GPU is the one in charge and the limiting factor but of course the CPU and RAM speed is important also. Thanks for your input!

After_Midnight likes this.
  4. shuriken_x

shuriken_x Rookie

RTX2080 CPU I7-8700K 16GB Ram
    Running 7560x1440
    General 55-68fps on Custom Graphic Settings
    Night +Rain can drop 5- 10fps coz of the Front Light from Car

5. Barrosini

Barrosini Rookie

How many frames with EPIC settings?

6. shuriken_x

shuriken_x Rookie

Testet now 22 Car Spa Clean Weather 36Fps but lets wait the New Update

7. You're welcome :)
    ACC is very demanding at CPU. So I would consider to have it as an important factor for the game as well. Like you can see at the post of @Barrosini above.

Greets After_Midnight

8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

How much difference do maximum opponents make?

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Depends how much your CPU is being dynamically throttled. Even setting the opponent count to All/High# whilst they are not rendered in view can impact performance a lot on older hardware.

After_Midnight likes this.
  10. pro_nike

pro_nike Gamer

11. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Looks good to me.

pro_nike likes this.
  12. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

Massarutto:
    This is the result of a very long and constructive interaction with Epic in order to address all the critical issues and to optimize it at the best. Getting the triple rendering in alpha stage required a good amount of work, getting it working like our audience pretends, it's another matter. That required months. And in the meantime, we worked in silent mode, because there was no clue that we could nailed it at 110%. So, during all the process, we faced all the claims of those screaming to us "COS' WE WANTâ„¢!" So, we worked hard to accomplish the needs of a very little niche of users (something that in Epic struggled to "get"), but despite of this, they gave us the support we needed, so thank you to Epic, too.

anthonylroy, Micii1, Dookie and 7 others like this.
  13. I'm sorry :D I got lost in names here :confused:

14. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Did he call the only real simracers "a very little niche of users"? Uh oh...

Sorry guys for the small joke I really hope this can make you fully enjoy this fantastic sim, finally!

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Whitestar and Javier Saizar like this.
  15. pro_nike

pro_nike Gamer

So v 1.1 is already official?
    Are you ready to download worldwide?

16. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Impressive how you guys go to great lengths to please everyone, Kunos.
    Respect.

[​IMG]

17. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Excellent, cant wait to try it out and race ACC as I like it. Congrats to the whole team for this great effort!

18. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

Yes. But in my opinion on a rendering version (1 render) that none of us will be using any more when 3 screen render is available. What would be the point of a baseline of a version that isnt used?

19. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

I7-7700 - 2080TI - 5760x1080 - 3x27" AOC monitors (60hz sadly) - So i lock refresh rate at 60 so i dont get tearing.
    Everything on Epic and Maxed out.. sits on a solid 60 at any given time.(start of race its about 56) for some reason (even if only a few cars ahead) but sits at solid 60 after 30 seconds

I will run it in a minute with no sync and see what i get.. (Stretched single image - NO independant rendering)

UPDATE - Test Track Nurburg - 25 cars - Everythinng on Max Vsync off

Turned VSYNC off - still get 56 or so at start.. but then even with 10-15 cars in front i am hovering around 66-76 fps (averaging around 71fps) for 10 lap stint in Dry sunny

Put it full wet and storm.. start of race 50.. but interestingly as it doesnt draw as many distant objects post the start i was getting slightl higher framerates (averaging aroun 73)

Tried twilight and night transition (same around 72fps average)

NOTE: once they introduce true triple viewport rendering in the next patch i expect around a 15% framerate impact.. (which would be around 10fps) - so i should be able to hold a 60.. Time will tell.

UPDATE 2 - Just noted patch 1.1 and set my triples... Independent REAL triple viewport rendering.

As expected i took around 15% fps hit.. I am getting 55-62 FPS in the tests above when i replicated the same tests.

So all in all.. The NEW triple screen independant rendering implementation looks to be very good.. And i am really impressed with the simple config setup.. however i suspect the ingame settings wont allow for unusal (different) screen sizes.. It assumes ALL Screens are the same physical dimension (width in MM)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Barrosini, Coanda and rycil like this.
  20. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

"- First implementation of triple screen rendering.
    NOTE: supports application with Surround mode on and off."

Wow, didn't even know that was possible. Is it possible in other games too? I have always had it on.