1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. something must be wrong on your side guys. the triple screen feature worked for me flawlessly out of the box. it looks like it does in iracing

2. Trifighter78

Trifighter78 Rookie

The question was: Triple screen WITHOUT Nvidia Surround. According to the v1.1 release notes.

3. Diabolus

Diabolus Gamer

Thank you Kunos devs, this is a great feature that this awesome game needed, finally you guys did it! It works flawlessly and now I feel at home playing ACC.

I have one problem though; I have the fps limited to 84, even in hotlap mode(nothing changes over time and no other cars to render) after a while it goes down to 54 and stays there. Even if I lower the res or any other gpu hungry features it just stays there. Any opinions?

4. KL79

KL79 Rookie

I can do it like this:

Create custom res in NV Control Panel ( in my case 5760x1080@75hz ) Yes, do it even though it gives a warning. In my case it black screens about 30 seconds, but then does it.

Run the game and you can select your newly done custom res. Select ”windowed” + ”triple screen enabled”

In my case it will now run only on center + right. BUT i drag the whole big window to left monitor and leave it there as a size on the left monitor. Then i select 1980x1080 and press apply so windowed game fill left monitor only. Finally select 5760x1080 res again, press apply and i have borderless windowed 5760x1080@75hz.

Not very convenient, but only have to do once when you start racing. ( and custom res stays in NV as long as you update drivers )

5. Humungus23

Humungus23 Rookie

solution: remove the startparameter "-vr" in steam then triple screen is going to work

I got it without suround

it require a custom screen resolution 5760*1080 (or whatever yours is) you have to setup with the nv-control-panel

- start ACC, go to windowed-mode, move the ACC-Window to the first/left screen
    - go to options and set
    - triple screen on
    - windowed mode
    - choose 5760*1080 (or whatever yours is)

click apply

have fun

edit: and because my left screen is the number two screen, I have to do it each time when I start acc
    (I guess for some reasons many people have the number one screen in the middle)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    sissydriver likes this.
  6. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

hello, gave it a shot on some hotlaps last night. Running a VEGA 64LC heavily OCed on core and Vram, with 5760x1080 75Hz Freesync triple screens.

Was hovering between 48 (my monitors min Freesync range) and 65FPS depending on the tracks and location on the track prior feature implemnetation.

Triple screen can be enabled when I am running in Eyefinity mode, as it should in Video settings, didn't try with Eyefinity Off yet. Looks better for sure but quite taxing on GPU, my FPS went down a good 10 to 15 FPS with the feature ON.

I understand AMD GPU arent running great on Unreal engine but its too much of a trade off for me so I will skip for now

thanks to the devs for the efforts though

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Any triple 1440p users on 1.1..? Curious how the performance is..

8. jaykinch

jaykinch Gamer

Hi just a quick question
    why would you run triples without the nividia surround for?
    Cheers

9. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

I don’t have any issues with nvidia surround after updating drivers about six months ago. Also not sure why you wouldn’t use it

10. KL79

KL79 Rookie

Well, there can be other reasons around too, but mine is purely that without Surround is my only option to do refresh rates over 60hz. :rolleyes:

I don’t have 3 exactly identical screens though, so that can be reason as well and not Surround itself, but it doesn’t allow me to set refresh rate anything else than 60hz.

11. Humungus23

Humungus23 Rookie

I got 60+ FPS with 49 AIs in SPA without suround on my triple screen setup

I don't like the desktop behavior with surround, and single screen games sometimes mess with suround, switching suround on and off is not very comfortable with the nv-control panal, so I try to avoid suround...

sissydriver likes this.
  12. pro_nike

pro_nike Gamer

Hello guys
    when I leave ACC it is frozen, and I have to turn it off manually.

Do you know why it is?

13. Humungus23

Humungus23 Rookie

don't think it has to do with triple screen

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

thank you a lot @Humungus23 - tried your solution and it works. :)
    issue - acc can only handle three identical monitors atm, so i have the bezel and the ingame "bezel". but that is better than no triples
    medium graphics - 41 fps hotlap misano.
    career brands hatch race at night ~ 32fps, but cant say that its worse than 40fps - absolutely enjoyable!
    and no lag at the input as at the beginning (had only crappy gpu and acc was unplayable due to input lag, lap times >3s slower due to this).
    So thank you again, when its possible for kunos to choose different resolution in triples than its perfect! (dunno if its realistic)

15. pro_nike

pro_nike Gamer

[QUOTE = "Humungus23, post: 1095946, member: 178335"] no creo que tenga que ver con pantalla triple [/ QUOTE]

16. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

Hi Coanda,
    I had couple of sprint races yesterday in SP and was very surprised to have pretty good performance. I was too excited by the update and new cars to fiddle with the gfx settings but running 100% resolution scale and most of the settings on epic I was staying in 45-53 fps range (mostyl clear whether). Maybe start at the back of full grid in clear whether was down to 38-40 fps for a few seconds but since I am using g-sync it was absolutely playable for me. I really appreciate the Kunos work on tripples. Its quite some acheievement. I loved playing ACC on tripples even before but now with the proper support its gorgeous. What I dont understand is very low CPU usage (below 40 % at full grid and all opponents visible) - i7 8700k.
    Tonight I wlll try to post my gfx settings and related fps.

17. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The changelog erroneously mentions that Surround OFF is supported, yes it can be made to work but the intended use is with Surround mode turned ON. Sorry for the confusion.

Performance drop should stay at 10-15% compared to single screen rendering at the same resolution.

18. Triple screen working in version in version 1.1. My frame rate however hovers around 30fps which makes the feature un-usable on my system anyway. On single screen I get between 90 and around 120fps My question is do i upgrade the CPu or the GPU? 32 Gig ram, Intel i7-6700k, Nvidia RTX 2060 Super with 8gb vram, My 3 screens are 27inch 144p, 144mhz.

19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Rexx Fernandez - try lower the settings, i had really really good immersion yesterday at career (brands) with 30fps (steam overlay) - and no problems. think there is something wrong with the fps counter, but not sure. your system has lot more power.
    resolution with swru 7680x1035. medium settings

20. Thanks man! I changed a few things to HIGH to MID, couple of things to low like mirrors etc, i got up to 40fps (steam overlay), it's playable, but not comfortable and doesn't look anywhere nears a crisp and immersive for me, it's a little choppy with 15 opponents which is unsettling on track. Back to single for me as i figure out what the upgrade solution is. Probably GPU right? CPU seems to be coping very well. GPU use hovers between 85 an 95% usage.