1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I wonder if the centre could be g-sync and the sides freesync to save coin.. btw I am not thinking of doing this. Just curious if it would work.

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I am very torn. Please help me make a decision.

As we can not make poll threads please...

Reply #1 for i9 9900k + 3 x 32" 1080p @ 144hz

or

Reply #2 for i9 9900k + 3 x 32" 1440p @ 144hz

thank you :cool:

3. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

2 if you have the cash ,

Coanda likes this.
  4. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Worth a try in a shop??

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

A nice idea however where I live that is not possible..

6. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

Good luck to drive properly option 2 with even a 2080ti no?

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Yeah its on the limit and this is why i am torn. A 2080 ti will be needed. Some users here are getting 50-70 fps on mid gfx with a 2080 non ti.

8. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

1. Been using this setup now for 2 weeks. With the AOC 32” 1080p screens. Very good balance between screen candy and fps. Yes 1440p eould give more detail but sitting @ 70 cm thos isnt an issue for me. The very smooth gameplay is
    AC1 all maxed on CM ca 95 fps
    AC2 med to high (shado and tecture epic) ca 65 FPS
    With 9700k and 1080 gtx

9. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

2 if you wait for the 3080 ti :)

Coanda likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I wonder if the next round of GPUs will be PCIe 4.0..? Some MB and SDD with 4.0 are just being released now. This what I am worried about buying a z390 MB..

11. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

I
    If I were you I would wait.

Whitestar and Coanda like this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

last night I thought about it and concluded the same thing. Another 6-12 months won't kill me and I am enjoying ACC just fine with my current hardware.

Hagen likes this.
  13. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@fnegroni

Could you please share your ACC settings for how you get 90/120Fps on a triple screen 5760x1080, and you PC spec also.

14. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I still haven't got round to take screenshots of the settings!
    PC is as follows: i5 8600k @ 48x on all cores, 2.6GHz 16 GB RAM, Asus Strix GTX1070 OC (no further overclock by me), and the triples are fairly basic 1080p screens @144Hz

I enabled Ultra Low Latency in the NVCP. I also have most settings set to prefer performance over quality.

I run the Surround at 5760x1080p, use the in-game view to adjust the borders, and then run at 90% resolution scale, 80% sharpness, enabled temporal upsampling, screens at 45 degrees, TAA @ high, Textures @ medium, Low for pretty much everything else expect Effects and Materials which are High, and Cars LOD is 25%. I am thinking of changing TAA to Epic as I can't see much drop in performance there and eliminates ghosting. And sharpness I can probably up to 100%.

I have shadows at High because I tried Medium and I get a net *loss* of FPS at the lower setting!

I disabled the mirrors, including the virtual mirror, which is useless when I can simply click the 'look behind' button. The radar is all I need and I can see to the sides now thanks to the "triple" support. Would be nice to get virtual mirror without the real mirrors enabled maybe as an option.

Zandvoort with 24 AIs and ALL cars visible I seem to get a stable 100fps but I will double check once I finally get round to take screenshots.

It varies from track to track, I think what hits the FPS the most, IMHO, is the trackside objects, if we could disable flags and windmills and spectators, I don't know, maybe we could gain 10/20fps on those busy tracks like Zolder.

I'm running a GTX1070... I'll wait until I upgrade to whatever Ti I can afford next year to really push the image quality.

Right now I care about latency and smooth image with high enough FPSs.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  15. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@f.e.negroni

Ok obviously if you run everything at low you can get that framerate lol

16. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Well I might be pedantic here but it’s not everything at low. Some settings are high or epic.

17. redlinezak

redlinezak Racer

Hoping someone can help here as I'm not really sure what's up. I am trying g to get triple screen working with acc.
    When the game loads it appears to try and switch to triple screen but fails and reverts to single screen. I donthhave any resolutions bigher than 1920x 1080 available In the video setup.options.
    I have triple screen working ok with assetto corsa.
    Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?

Thanks

18. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

Do you have Nvidia surround enabled? There is also some setting in video options to enable tripple screen. I am not at my rig right now so cant say exactly where to find it.

19. redlinezak

redlinezak Racer

I tried enabling nvidia surround in nvidia control panel but ended up with only 1 screen working on my desktop. Enabling or disabling triple screen in acc seems to make no difference, it still tries to run triple screen on boot up but fails and reverts to single.

20. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

You definitely need to make Nvidia surround working. I would suggest to remove geforce driver with DDU app in safe mode, restart win10 with no internet connection and installing the latest driver. After that reconnect to internet, try to activate Nvidia surround and you shall be able to make ACC use all 3 screens.

f.e.negroni likes this.