1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. moeppling

moeppling Gamer

You can create custom resolutions for seperate screens, it's not possible to create a custom surround resolution. If you're using different screen models and are trying to overclock one or two of them: the timings at your desired refresh rate have to be identical across all three screens for nv surround to accept that resolution. Imho don't bother... nvidia drivers being the trash they are you'll end up frustrated.

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Anyone here have Samsang G7/9 odysseys..? I know they have flickering issues when adaptive refresh rate is enabled. From what I understand is they are not true G-Sync. Has there been any progress on drivers/firmware..?

Could you imagine 1 x 27" G7 | 1 x 49" G9 (2x27") | 1 x 27" G7 setup if money and GPU grunt was not an issue..? :eek::cool:

If they didn't have flicker issues this is what I would like to do as this monitor ticks so many boxes.. 3 x 32" 1440p

[​IMG]

Whitestar likes this.
  3. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

By a pure stroke of luck I happened to see the Best Gaming Monitors of 2020 video on Hardware Unboxed yesterday.
    They said that Samsung has reportedly fixed the flickering issue on the G7 via a firmware update. :)

Coanda likes this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

oh man that is good to hear.. I read one bloke sent his back and it came back a little better however it was still not 100% flicker free.. I'm not ready yet so hopefully by mid next year there is enough reviews to fully prove all is sweet..

5. MABR

MABR Gamer

Hi guys. I'm using 3 FullHD GSYNC compatible monitors as triple screen setup. I use Nvidia surround to set it up. It all works as it should. Only when I restart Windows, the Nvidia-Surround resolution is gone again and I have to activate it again. By shutting down Windows and switching on the computer again, the surround resolution is preserved. I read that it could be because of FullHD and Windows recognizes the monitors as "TV" when restarting. This is also partly the case and it is recognized as HDTV-FullHD resolution with 60Hz or something like that. Even if I set each monitor individually before that in PC resolution with 240Hz. After a restart the surround resolution disappears. It is no problem as long as I do not restart. But even then it's only a few clicks and it's activated again. But maybe someone knows this behaviour and has a solution for it?

6. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

This happens to me if I switch the monitors on and off manually instead of letting them go into Standby.

7. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

What input mode are you using ?

8. MABR

MABR Gamer

Thanks for responding.

@f.e.negroni
    Yes, I also noticed that with the monitor off. It's enough if you accidentally turn off a monitor when starting Windows. Or one of them was off. I let it shut down even in standby, wait and then switch off the multiple power outlet with switch. And so it works during normal startup without any problems when everyone is in standby. Only with a Windows restart it gets mixed up again...

@Nick Moxley
    If that's what you mean...
    I use 3 high quality Displayport cables. The originals that came with the monitors make no difference. So connected to Displayport. And in the settings I select PC resolution so I can use more than 60Hz at all...

Is there or was there once a setting for NVIDIA graphics cards that lets you "tell" Windows that they are only PC monitors and not TV's? Because I have the assumption that Windows recognizes everything new when restarting. And because they are FullHD monitors, it sets them to 1080p at 60Hz. Maybe it's also because of the monitors, but I can't set anything like that in the monitor settings. They are Asus TUF VG259QM.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Whitestar - From what I have read the flickering issue on the G7 is sorted however there is still a little tearing and stuttering with VRR..

Whitestar likes this.
  10. simsalapim

simsalapim Rookie

I am trying to setup 16:9, 21:9, 16:9. With, 1920x1080, 2560x1080, 1920x1080 resolution. Using AMD Eyefinity.
    However ACC thinks the bezels are on the center screen assuming that I am using three equal resolution displays. I have tried setting the X-resolution to 3*2560=7680 in GameUserSettings.ini and menuSettings.ini, and then setting both files to read only. This did not work.
    I have searched this forum but I could not find a solution. Does anyone have a solution for this?

11. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

12. simsalapim

simsalapim Rookie

I found a solution.
    This video by Dan Suzuki helped me. He uses SRWE. With this tool I am able to set my X-resolution to 7680. The settings in X-direction would be the same as when using 1440p screens as shown in the video. I hope others can find this now and are able to solve their issues.

Whitestar likes this.