1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

o_O

2. Hiddn

Hiddn Racer

?? The triple screen environment is designed for flat screens.

3. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

o_O

You want the software make your curved monitor look flat (eliminate the distotion)?

Sorry, I don't understand.
    I do have 32" curved and don't see, what you do.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    #Race@Home likes this.
  4. Probably he means something like this or not only.
    The difference can be pretty big, depending on the distance to screen and curvature radius.
    upload_2021-2-22_11-40-12.png

jörgen wahlby likes this.
  5. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

But he´s talking about distortions and this has to be solved by the devs not about how to calculate the correct FoV, a there is no calculator in the game anyway, not for flat nor for curved.

jörgen wahlby and #Race@Home like this.
  6. For single screen config in the view settings there is projection correction that can be used to correct the distortion, but it makes the picture blurry.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  7. bbman

bbman Racer

Isn't this correction a different thing entirely, as in designed to distort the view towards the middle for large flat screens (like projectors) by adjusting for the longer distances from your eyes to the edge... That's a different thing to extending the horizontal FOV a couple of degrees while keeping the vertical one constant.

8. Hiddn

Hiddn Racer

Sorry, I was puzzled why you cannot detect that horizontal straight lines, above, or below your eyeline are actually curved lines, and how, looking at say high railings, as the perspective lines cross from the centre screen to a side screen, they are have a kink. I can see this without my reading glasses, but to be fair its more pronounced with reading glasses on. The magnification warps the image too.

I know this cant currently be fixed using in game settings. I was merely hoping the devs will incorporate the radius in the future. If you were to use Samsung G7 triples, with their radius of 1000mm, it will be even more pronounced. The graphic algorithm's are coded for flat screens, which will always give a better window into the virtual world, without distortion.

My main question was to do with the magnification factor associated with reading glasses, and its illusion of enlarging/ bringing closer the monitors to your seating position, and how to adjust current in game settings to achieve as close to possible the correct FOV.

9. its.me

its.me Racer

Jakkison and Stains like this.
  10. Anyone have a good current recommended set of monitors for triple? Looking in the 27"-32" size per screen, ideally small bezels, and properly-implemented gsync would be a must. If possible, max per-monitor price would be <$400. Same question would go for a floor standing mount for whatever monitors. I have a playseat sensation pro for a rig if that matters..

I was looking at some samsung curved ones but it seems there are potential issues with gsync on those as well as games not handling the curved aspect all that well.
    I would primarily use it for ACC and Dirt Rally 2.0 if that makes a difference.

Apologies if this has been covered recently - I went back a few pages of the thread but it's a very long thread that goes back several years and older recommendations may not be good anymore.

11. Stains

Stains Simracer

I have cheap triple AOC monitors so not going to recommend them (even thought I do like them along) but just wanted to say that DR2.0 doesn't support triples and just gives you a stretched warped view. Still playable but certainly not the same experience you get from a properly supported title like ACC or AMS2.

12. Yeah, I've read as much and not much to be done about it. Thanks for the heads up though! I do have AMS2 but haven't been driving much in it lately, good to know it has proper support.

13. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

There is still something I cant understand with triple monitors:
    - I set resolution 5760x1080 (3x1080 monitors) with option "Triple screen rendering" DISABLED and I get for example 80fps
    - I set resolution 5760x1080 (3x1080 monitors) with with option "Triple screen rendering" ENABLED and I get 60fps....

Can anyone explain why considering same resolution , same video settings and 100% resolution scale??

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  14. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Cause it's rendering three different view points.

Jakkison likes this.
  15. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

well ok but it seems to me really the same visual quality with the only difference I can’t, of course, correct the angle of side screens. Is that correct?

16. Stains

Stains Simracer

The reason you can corect for the angles of the side screens is because they are all being rendered seperatly...hence the additional load on your system resulting in lower framerates ;) If nVidia had of kept on with their SMP they were working on a couple of yeras ago (around Pascal release time) we may have triple screens being near zero performanc difference to single screen but sadly it must have been the low user base that they just stopped the work it seems.

Jump to around 7 minutes or watch the whole thing, it really looked quite good!

georgi iovchev likes this.
  17. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

Many thanks to you and the mate before.I can now understand :)

its.me and Stains like this.
  18. its.me

its.me Racer

Afaik SMP is available since then and also used by e.g. iracing. But since it is only available to nvidia users it seems not to be used a lot by app developers. I'd hoped for ACC to make use of it but didn't happen:(

19. MINKIHL515

MINKIHL515 Rookie

Hey guys i am lolking for good monitors for triple setup...

I dont know if i am going to go with 27 or 32‘‘...

I heard that the size comparison my wheel to cockpit is not good with 32... so the wheel shown ingame is bigger than my wheel on the base... so the size not fitting...

i want to have the monitors near my rim to have them as close as possible...

what you guys recommend? 27 or 32‘‘?

I wanna go with AOC CQ27G1 or CQ32G1

20. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Monitor size doesn't matter in that regard as long as they are set up correctly.