1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Nvidia surround: yes.
    Mirrors are tbh the worst I have seen in any (modern) sim.
    Tried every FOV, camera and seat position (even the non realistic ones) to be at least able to drive for a while: no improvement for me. I'm always very aware of what is happening around me (peripheral view) and the fisheye look of the sides is bothering me too much and causes nausea after some time. Switching to other sims is a relief.
    So yes, I have to stick with undriveable, but I'm happy for you and others that can enjoy this.

2. rauf00

rauf00 Simracer

I must admit that I am fully with @Fanapryde and others for whom native surround support is a must have feature.

AC Competizion is not an average arcade racing game, it's a simulator. If this is the case, it requires basic functions such as: advanced tire physics, online mode, wheel steering control and display on complex screen configurations that simulate digital racing. Triple screen (or VR) is as basic in this world as support for multiple device input, like an detailed HUD, like cockpit view. Quite simple.
    It seems so basic that I admit, I can't imagine that the game would be deprived of any of these features.

3. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

I barely notice the problem of stretched image. My side monitors are just peripheral vision so doesn't bother me at all.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  4. bart banach

bart banach Gamer

I can`t see proper racing without seeing cars on the side or in mirrors, thats way I bought two extra screens. At the moment you just rely on red arrows...

5. Turk

Turk Alien

I get what your saying I just think saying it's undriveable is a bit OTT. Semantics maybe but I see it as you saying your experience is going to be everyone's experience, which isn't the case.

6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

OK, I get your point, but you seem to miss mine: what to say about people stating they have no issues with the actual state ? Is their experience supposed to be everyone's experience ? I think not.

If:
    - the stretched view,
    - the fact that you can't even see the right side mirror...
    - not triple related but jeez...these blurry pixelated mirrors...

does not bother them, OK, but I am NOT happy with this, not for a 2018/2019 sim.
    If it was driveable for me, I would have driven ACC for a lot more than 4 (four) hrs (no idea how the counter works, but no way I have driven 4 hrs atm).

Call it semantics, for me ACC is undriveable in its present state (along with several other issues, but hey, it's EA, I get that). Proper triple screen support should have been included from day one though).

Why should I even bother, AC, rF2, AMS and R3E have proper triple screen support... I'm not going to wear horse blinders to be able to drive ACC.
    And as it seems: KartKraft (also on UE4) are claiming to add the support shortly (still WIP).

patrod likes this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

I agree with you, my only issue is between "it's undriveable" and "it's undriveable for me".

But it's not worth arguing about. triple screen is essential in this market. I'm in the "no VR no buy" camp so I can fully understand your position.

Typer likes this.
  8. rauf00

rauf00 Simracer

Sorry, I couldn't disagree more.

This attitude isn't unfortunately isolated among players and is the result of a lack of knowledge how surround and rendering on three screens works. You can compare it to a situation in which someone drives a car using only the first gear "I do not need the other five to get to the destination". A bit of ignorance, isn't it?

Triple is the best solution that was invented to simulate a virtual cockpit, it's just a pity if we did not use in all its glory.

9. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

The latter is pretty much what he's been saying though, isn't it? At least I interpreted him that way.

Anywho, if KartKraft is getting 3screen support then that is a good sign I would say.

10. Zinny

Zinny Gamer

It is understood that for some triple screen problems are real to them.
    Fortunately for many of us there are no problems with triple screen setups.
    Therefore chances are it is issues with settings with your hardware and software if it is unplayable. Given time , issues like this , seem to get solved as the software gets refined.
    This software is in its early access stage and that comes with the final product not ready till early access is closed.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  11. Whitestar

Sorry but no, the issue is that "proper" triple screen just isn't supported yet. Nothing you do with SW or HW can change that. It is what this thread is here for.
    You can mitigate the problem to some degree, but it won't be nearly as good (IMO) or exactly as good (fact) as 3 separately rendered screens.

And no, I'm not complaining that it isn't available (yet). Like I have said many times before: we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  12. The image is stretched, but bearable to some degree, as long as you have a low FOV and enough space for three monitors flat in a line, and don't mind changing the side monitors angle *every time* you play ACC.
    I think for most people the above is just unacceptable, and TBH I put myself in that camp too.
    I'm happy to wait and see what KK will be doing, but I would rather it was prioritised for ACC.
    I am not the fastest driver, but I really want to enjoy ACC, and am slightly put off by having to rearrange my screens every time.

13. for some its so hard to reposition screens that its near impossible. I have several bolts i have to loosen to reposition screens every time. Thats just a non-starter.

14. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

I'm in the same camp.
    But I'd like to add that even if I was not, positioning three screens as a wide flat is a no go FOR ME (just to be clear for some guys) because totally different from having them surround you (which is the whole point). ;)

15. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Dude you can't disagree with my experience, just like I can't disagree that it's important to you! Obviously I prefer properly rendered triple screen sims but if the stretched image doesn't bother me, that's my business right? o_O

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  16. rauf00

rauf00 Simracer

I do not have to, I just declare that you are not the only one in this thread, who is talking about things which you apparently don't understand.

If something obviously underdeveloped doesn't bother you, then let's be honest why waste time for improved tire physics, let's take it from the old game. Steering wheels? I don't need one, I'm happy with my keyboard! And that doesn't bother me at all...

:(

17. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

How i feel playing ACC with or without Triples

Minus the smile unfortunately :(

[​IMG]

18. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

I don't know how fortunate it is but you DO have a problem. You just don't understand you have a problem :)
    What we currently have (all of us, no matter the FOV, display alignment, etc ) is an image rendered from a single point of view, which just happens to be displayed on three displays. Nothing more! But that, by no means, makes it 'triple screen setup' in its true meaning.
    For this you need the image to be rendered from three view ports and then projected onto the respective displays. And it would look as you have turned you head and you are looking through the window - no stretching. Something we clearly don't have.

19. Whitestar

To elaborate on what kiril_r says above:
    Watch this video from about 17:40 to 18:20 (which demonstrates 3screen config in Assetto Corsa):

At 17:40 the image is equal to what we have in ACC now; stretched.
    Then the true brilliance of "proper" triple screen is shown: as he angles the screens to align the image with how his physical monitors are angled, he a) sees further to the side and b) removes the stretching.
    Not only that, but also the world outside the car transfers more correctly from the mid-monitor to the side monitors when you turn; objects/curbs/road lines no longer "change direction" when moving from mid to side screens and vice versa (if you are sitting right in front of the monitors).

So you may not have a problem, but you aren't getting the best possible image/view/distortion in ACC right now. :)

Hagen and Zinny like this.
  20. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

By that reasoning, VR users should be crapping all over you for daring to use a screen at all, cos I mean how is it realistic to be looking at the simulated environment with a screen? Don't accuse me of not understanding, I understand perfectly well and have been on driving sims for 5 years and have used them all. Things like tire physics are my no 1 criteria and is the reason I gave up on IRacing and much prefer RF2 and now ACC.

Listen I get your point, that improving the feeling of realism is important, but all I'm saying is stretched image doesn't bother me much as I only use it for peripheral vision. Lets just agree to each their own?