1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Zinny

Zinny Gamer

Whitestar and kiril_r you guys have got it dead on and I agree 100%
    My post was an attempt to the poster that said it was unplayable and therefore something must be setup wrong.
    With my setting I still do not find it unplayable, and as I posted I still think they will get this updated correctly.
    Whitestar that video you linked was good for people to understand , well done.

kiril_r and Whitestar like this.
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Assuming that you are pointing at me (though I thought I was pretty clear that it was unplayable for me because of various reasons),
    I'll quote you doing the same thing... YOU don't find it unplayable...

It's not because you and some others don't bother, that there is no problem. There clearly is. It has nothing to do with setup, triple screen support simply has not been implemented (yet?), because there are difficulties getting it to work with the new UE4 engine.

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  3. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Whenever I read this thread it reminds me of the "beating a dead horse" saying.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

:D:D
    I hope you are wrong though...

5. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Well, its pretty much all been said, but +1 for proper triple support.

As it stands, its nauseating to play with my triple screen setup, since the peripheral screens warp the image, when you are taking corners it's a weird sensation, just horrible (for me) and I cannot play / drive it like that. Every other racing / driving game I play, supports it properly (AC, R3E, RF2, PC2, ETS2, ATS) so ACC is bottom of the pile for me, I have even considered refunding it for now, since there is no concrete "it will be coming" yet. It should be top of the pile, but not like this.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  6. Question: What are ETS2 and ATS (Auotmobilitsa?) ... the others i own and race on.

7. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

european- and american truck simulator ^^

FX2K and D.Jankovic like this.
  8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Lol @ people who think people who can use triples without proper triple support don't "understand" something.. The point is being able to enjoy it even with less than ideal view... apparently unlike some over sensitive princesses. There's difference between "not understanding" and not blowing a problem totally out of proportion. If you say otherwise great driving game is "unplayable" on triples because it doesn't have true triple support, you're a special kind of autist that only exists in sim world.

Give three screens to any normal gamer, and they'd be like "oh wow I can have 3 screens and play games with 3x wider image, how cool is that!".. In case you didn't know, "true triple support" is unheard of in other genres, and there's tons of people out there with zero interest in sims, who'd happily take the opportunity to play their favorite games with 3 screens, if they could afford it.

Hear at 1:25 what a FPS gamer thinks about triples.. he's basically gushing the whole video about how cool it is. Just due to the added peripheral vision

Of course real triple support is preferable, and Kunos should do everything in their power to make it happen.. but UE4 might not allow it. Saying that it makes ACC worthless or unplayable (if the game is otherwise absolutely top notch on release 2019, improved optimization etc...) is utter ****ing bollocks

vortex19, D.Jankovic and nolive72 like this.
  9. FX2K

FX2K Racer

I know you where not specifically referring to me with that, just in general, but seriously...

The game is unplayable "for me" on triples because it makes me nauseous after literally 3 minutes of trying to do laps. No "autism", no "princess" bs, it actually does cause me physical discomfort. I don't think such comments are really needed. I understand what you are saying though, I used to be comfortable playing driving games with a kb and others where like wtf.. but It was good enough for me, then.

Of course, I can turn off two screens too, then I can play it comfortably, but I would then rather play one of the other titles I have that does support it.

And that is fine too, if its not going to, then I would appreciate Kunos saying "its not coming" then I can just shelve it forever and never look back.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  10. Loren Thomas

Loren Thomas Gamer

There's a big difference between FPS and simracing. FPS is mostly looking off into the distance. Simracing requires a wide and correct FOV in order to correctly place the car in tight corners, therefore you need triples, VR, or to sit very close to an ultrawide monitor. And only that third option seems to really be working properly in ACC right now. Could you still enjoy ACC without proper triple or VR support? Sure, but given that ACC's content is geared much more toward serious simracing than AC1's, it's frustrating that typical simracing hardware isn't well supported at this point.

11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Nausea? For real? I guess I have the iron stomach, being to withstand something as extreme as stretched triple screen image. I'm able to go to even movies actually, the screen is so damn wide, I admit I'm a bit scared if I would feel sick due to the wide image but I have a little barf bag just in case. Played around 3 hours of Dirt Rally, F1 2018 and Wreckfest today with stretched triple screen image, that went pretty okay too, no notable taste of vomit. Actually I was having fun, what the hell...

But well, this nausea thing is very new and fascinating to me. I thought it only happens in VR. But I don't think a medical condition like yours is common

And yes it's easier to place cars in corners with correct triple view. But being able to see the corners/other cars helps a bit too (= stretched triple image). Which would be luxury to anyone using a single screen. Which is the vast majority of simracers

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  12. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

fine for you...
    i dont like the faster moving outer screens then the center one...
    and yes its like a sort of VR sickness but without a VR.
    i had this with the triple screens when i got them the first time.
    when i start to brake my head feels dizzy then.
    overcome this after a while but the streched (and fast rotating view) in the outer screens is horrible (40", its not a small screen where you barely notice this).

13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Yes, I'm having the same issue (I think I wrote it in an earlier reply) and I personally know two other guys who feel the same. So it's not so uncommon as you want it to be.
    Don't be all that sarcastic about it, please...it does not suit you.
    Besides that I simply can't find a virtual seat position that suits me. I don't like to drive with the red proximity arrows and the fact that I can't see my right rear view mirror is another issue.
    The huge left RV mirror (and the very low res, even on epic) is also disturbing.
    If all other sims would lack proper triple support and have the stretched view, it could be possible to get used to it (I do remember that from a few years back).
    But driving in whatever other sim I have and then go to ACC causes me problems and as it turns out, it is undriveable FOR ME. Hence the 5 hrs or so ingame (can't see how I have been driving that long, so I guess that just being ingame and trying out settings is also counted).
    I concur with @FX2K if this does not change, ACC will be shelved.

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

So what you guys do in case of games like Wreckfest, F1 2018, Dirt Rally, RaceRoom (2013-2017 when it didn't have support)? You just don't play it? Or use single screen then? I play many games on triples, for example Alien: Isolation is great. Much more immersive on triples. Used them in Battlefield 4 too, bunch of stuff. In all the purpose is same, rough peripheral vision. Not exact, accurate positional information. I barely even look at the side screens, other than with the corner of my eye

The reality might be, that ACC falls into same category as Wreckfest, F1 2018, Dirt Rally. No triple support. Developers haven't said a word about it after 18 pages, not in any roadmap. Chances are UE4 doesn't allow this. I would just try to work with what you have, instead of being negative. Kunos knows it's important to have triple support, but they can't rewrite UE4. If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't, ACC is still playable on triples just like Dirt Rally etc. is (and Dirt Rally 2.0 will be likely another Codies title without support)

15. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

you dont need to own every game on the planet that has cars...
    Dirt rally -> 19min (yes minutes) playtime (open ,look, close)
    R3E -> 20h (?) , but only because had some trouble with the DD wheel in the beginning. now its fine (even working triple) but im not into "racing mood" at the moment...
    sometimes AC (triple works) rest (ETS2/ATS mostly) with single screen and Track IR (dont even work here know).
    i can tell what happend here on the next release date: open,drive 15-30min , close. dont touch until next release... (sadly)

16. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

ETS2 and ATS is having nativ triple screen support, incl. FOV and different angles, why don´t you use that?

17. LOL @ spending $$$ = Serious Simracing

(kinda weird how people spend all this money on VR, Trips, Ultrawide, DD wheel, etc all in the name of 'muh immersion' and then drive with multiple apps open on screen)

---------
    Anyways, does seem weird that Kunos would choose an engine that doesn't support trips. Guess those future console sells far outnumber the serious simracers.

FishforRent and D.Jankovic like this.
  18. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

I know Kunos understood this long ago,
    the execution of triple screen support in AC is flawless.

He will try to make it work, despite his own preference of driving on a single screen/desktop rig on a chair that swivels and rolls. If he cant code it in, then i cant play it, unless i buy a foggy VR headset with ****ty resolution and a field of view like a horse with blinders/blinkers.

I am trying to explain why some can
    and some cant use triples in ACC.

Place all three monitors in a line, all is fine.
    [​IMG]

My rig is diy and i welded my own monitorstand to hold the screens, that i ectracted from the monitors i bought.
    The angle between the screens is 60°, so with the center screen between wheelbase and rim i can see 180° in the virtual world, my entire vision is filled just like in VR. [​IMG]

In ACC the left mirror would fill half the left screen, the the right mirror is somewhere behind my right shoulder. This distortion is so bad, that i get dizzy within 1 lap and it is impossible to drive by view, as corners aren't the way they are displayed (90° bend looks like 180° u-turn). In my rig it is unplayable.

No triple support and angled screens:
    [​IMG]

Triples supported and angled screens:
    [​IMG]

19. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

even with a I7-6700k and a 1080TI i dont had the power to run this in triple res. ;)
    i got some AA settings fire up with NVidia Inspector and using nextgen graphics mod and got ~80-90fps with single screen.
    would not run in this setting with triple.
    and its ok with TrackIR, i like it :)

20. FX2K

FX2K Racer

I can't record a video of what I see / how it looks, but it goes something like this..

ACC:
    Look at stands with merc logo on top, stationary.
    [​IMG]

Turn the car in, without moving too much:
    [​IMG]

It now fills the side screen, even though its in the distance, it now appears so much closer because its so much larger.
    This happens with everything, from signs to cars etc and distorts the view. The right side of the cockpit is laughable.
    I get 80fps in ACC with 7680 x 1440, so performance is not an issue, though.

Same on AC:
    [​IMG]

Turn the car in, I turned wrong way, but its not an issue, the stand with the merc logo looks like it is at the correct distance whether on left or right
    [​IMG]

Everything looks good and to scale, as it should.

Now when driving, this stretching effect makes the outer screens appear to move at double (if not more) the rate than the actual motion because things in peripheral suddenly become stretched and so much larger, only to go back to normal when whatever object it was is back in the middle screen, so each turn is horrible and nauseating. Going straight isn't so bad, its bearable.

Somebody asked what I do with games that don't support triples. Simple, I don't play them on my racing setup and if they are driving games that warrant more than an xbox controller, I don't play them at all.
    I play other games on a 4k screen, I sometimes use VR, but I prefer sim racing titles on my triple setup / rig. Therefore, the driving related only games I play on this rig are the ones I listed previously, everything else is at my normal desk.

My Rig:
    [​IMG]

And yes, I have VR too, but prefer sim racing on triples due to peripheral vision (when supported). FWIW, I don't get motion sick in VR, but do in ACC on triples... its just weird and really needs addressing if the sim racing communities are to take this one up, since there are a lot more people using triples out there, with decent rig setups.