1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

disortion went away when i adjust first the degrees, and than change fov to adjust

2. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

How do you change degrees?

3. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

All you crap talkers need to chill the heck out. It's DAY FREAKING ONE of an EARLY ACCESS title. Get real guys. It is also only 20-30 BUCKS. That is literally as much as I spend on two cocktails at LUNCH. About 1/5th of my total lunch bill, for MYSELF.

Now, they will get proper surround/4k support dialed in. Actually, anyone paying on 4K QLED? I have one set-up that I am working on testing for our friends at Intel, Nvidia, MSI, that is 65 inch 4K Samsung QLED 60Hz.

KS, please do not listen to these haters and dummies who are on here trash talking you. Just keep doing what you are doing and us intelligent, and wiser (older) folks trust in you, as you have more than earned it over the years.

4. tifosi79

tifosi79 Gamer

That's not the meaning of triple monitor support. Triple monitor is not a resolution, but a rendering technique by the video game. It has to be programmed into the game.

5. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Wot m8?

6. Timobkg

Timobkg Rookie

The distortion on the side needs to be addressed by creating separate camera views for each monitor, as in AC, not by changing the FoV - which should be based on your screen size and distance from your screen.

But it's early Early Access, so it's disappointing but not too surprising that it's not in yet.

7. On my setup (details in signature) with the default graphic settings (most on epic) it runs with stable 60fps in practice mode without rain. Due to lack of time have not tried a race in the wet yet. But did expect worse fps, so I'm positive here.

(I already did fall in love with the sound of the Lambo :))

NWG.Slum likes this.
  8. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

I rep'd EIZO for awhile in NA, and man, are those nice damn displays mate!

9. Whitestar

Actually for most games that is the meaning. :) For most games the "triple monitor support" label just means 5760x1080p (or similar format) and stretched/distorted view on side monitors. Three separately rendered screens is unfortunately a luxury that very few games have, at least in my experience.

Yes, we all know that. :) What I'm trying to do is to mitigate the stretching/distortion effect by using fov and seat placement, as a sort of workaround. Which is why I was wondering what he meant by "degrees".

10. I hope they add triple screen support as soon as possible. The game is not well playable with triple sceen right now but as said this is an early access version. I think the triple screen support comes with the VR support next month. I tried to play with distance and FOV but on my configuration(one 34" ultrawide and two 27" 16:9 perfectly managed by AC using the triple screen adjustements) there is too much stretching on sides. Little disappointed by this but....we all know that this is not the game but only a little bite of it.

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  11. I remember in AC early access way back when, the game did not have triple monitor support. The added it fairly quickly then. That was their graphics engine tho, so might be different with the unreal engine.

I hope it gets sorted quickly, however, as it is difficult to judge cornering speed with scenery whipping by like I have fish eyes :)

I tried to drive with just one monitor and wow ... i couldn't tell what was happening. It was better to drive with fish eyes than horse blinders :)

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  12. Totally agree, fish eye is better than single screen. But it's worth mentioning the missing tripple screen support as it was not on the road map like VR. So I did suggest that it would have been included in the initial release, but it wasn't.

So Kunos, continue your great work, looking forward to tripple screen support for ACC soon.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  13. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Wrong. He mentioned eyefinity. Eyefinity does exatly what you're saying, ignoring if the game itself supports it.

14. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

So explain why they are avoiding to confirm true triple screen support yet merging peoples comments into this one thread ?
    i'm no hater either, in fact I'm somewhat of an AC FanBoy and obviously want this to be a success, but time is precious so if its not coming i shall move on. (not a lot to ask in anyones book)
    but more to the point why was it necessary to brag about how much you spend on lunch (by your own calculation) i.e. $150, it has no context here other than your own self gratification, but hey lets talk about it!
    not everybody here takes home a good wage, and I'm sure most people here in fact couldn't afford to Spend $150 on lunch 5 days a week, let alone waste 20 to 30 bucks on a game they won't play because of missing features that are important to them.

but anyhow i have an LG 65inch 4K OLED display, I've not tested ACC on it yet but I'll post my results if you wish ?

15. Whitestar

@AC Support, if I may ask: In another thread you said this when closing the thread: "Watch your attitude and check our roadmap on the official website or FB page" (regarding triple screen support). I checked the roadmap there and it doesn't mention anything about triple screen (or I missed it).
    Sorry if it's annoying with all this whining about it, but it would be nice to get a ballpark estimation when we can expect it. If possible. :)

16. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

Confirmed its only 1 viewport rendered stretched.. Yes FOV can make it better.. but its not correct. Hopefully they implement 3 screen rendering - It is alpha, and much to come :)

As for performance, for single viewport rendering currently its quite poor.. 1070 TI on ultra single viewport 40-50 fps.. (PCars2 90-110 fps on ultra with 1 viewport), so theirs definately room for optimisations and likely given its alpha they can tailor and optimise the epic engine, and/or write some low level code optimizations in later.

I'm concerned if they went to 3 viewport rendering currently it would get around 20 FPS.. or if you drop everything to mid to low around 40fps.. which wouldn't really be playable for racing - too much input latency.

This is likely why they havent put multiviewport rendering in "yet".

Just searching Unreal Forums looking at some coding examples and workarounds to get independant viewport rendering..Theres nothing clearly defined or engine supported, so it may have to have a workaround (Borderless windowed mode) rendering -- Not ideal.. Fingers crossed the devs have found a solution.

Glen Orpheus and SchumiF399 like this.
  17. Timobkg

Timobkg Rookie

Isn't having the wrong FoV worse than having fish-eye distortion on the side-screens? As a (hopefully temporary) workaround, that just makes it worse. :)

3 viewport rendering shouldn't be more taxing than 1 viewport - it's mostly about the pixels you're pushing out. Looking at other sims that support 3 viewports, I'm not seeing a performance difference between using 1 viewport and 3 at the same resolution.

Doesn't VR require multiple viewport support? Though VR may do things differently, as the 40 -> 20 fps drop seems to be common when going from triple-screen to VR.

18. I agree with you, yes that's right, it's an alpha. And we have paid 24.99 €.
    And I think it's quite legitimate to address the absence here. ACC is well on the way and I am looking forward to the finished game. No reason for the fanboys to run amok here. Criticism helps to make the end product better and is certainly also desired by the developer.

19. TriGgeR

TriGgeR Rookie

Just to add my voice here :
    I would also appreciate if Kunos could confirm or deny if triple screen support (with multiple viewports) is going to be implemented.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me. No triple screen support would severely impair my enjoyment of ACC.
    Just a confirmation that it's coming is enough.
    It doesn't have to be now, it doesn't even have to be soon.
    I just need to be reassured :)

20. Yes, please Kunos give us a true triple screen support !