1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Trouble starting car in the pits

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Strummer, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I can't get the car started reliably (manual start) after a pit stop, invariably losing enough time to ruin my sprint races. I have noticed the following:

- The car will not start while the pit stop HUD menu is active because it shares functionality with the ignition and starter buttons on my wheel. Even after I get out of that menu, however, the car will not start reliably.

- Hitting Ignition followed by Start does not guarantee a successful start. There appears to be some sort of scripting here that I'm not understanding.

- Does the car have to be in Neutral?

I really enjoy having fully implemented pit stops but this aspect is really fussy. If anyone has figured out the "trick" to it, please let me know, thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Trouble while starting a race with some car mods Jun 4, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Trouble starting car after pit stop Jun 3, 2019
    Bug reports Anybody else having trouble with Steam's VR app? Jan 13, 2024
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Trouble with creating Hello World App May 11, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Crash server [Duplicate thread from Troubleshooting] Nov 25, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Cant post in troubleshooting forum Jun 5, 2021
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Trouble Connecting to US CP Server Feb 3, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec Csl Elite 1.1 trouble Dec 15, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Troubleshooting - Workarounds Oct 16, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Post Question in Troubleshooting May 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions iRacing is in a bit of trouble. Can Assetto Corsa Competizione rise to the challenge? May 6, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Trouble hosting server (linux) Feb 13, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Career Pit Trouble Jan 25, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Wanted to say Hi, Permission to post on the troubleshooting forum? Dec 23, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Troubleshooting Track IR in ACC Dec 4, 2019

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Are you holding the "start" button, long enough for the engine to start ?

MTv likes this.
  4. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Pretty sure I am, but the scripted relationship between the ignition command, the starter and the user's input seems to have very narrow tolerances for a successful start, especially in the pits. It really should not be this difficult to get a modern car started!

5. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Ignition on. then you can start it whenever you want its a toggle. if your in pits for a pit stop you only need to start the engine (the ignition wil still be on) and you wil realy have to switch the button for your engine start if its the same as using your hud

6. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Possibly the same problem I had. Auto clutch is off. If that's it- Turn on auto clutch or press your manual clutch in.

7. How are you getting the ignition to stay on? I use auto clutch so the only I switch the engine off is by turning off the ignition. Should I just switch off auto clutch and stall the engine instead, or is there an engine off switch somewhere that keeps the ignition going?

8. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

All I know is that on the track at the start of a race or practice/qual session, I am able to start the car at first attempt about 90% of the time. In the pits after a mid-race pit stop, it’s about 20%.

I am pretty sure I have auto clutch set to ON.

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

In pit stops ignition stays on, don’t turn it off when you pit, just the engine. Then when you are leaving pits just hold the engine start until it fires up and off you go

10. You can cut the engine off with the ignition or the start button.

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should :)

12. Sentry87

Sentry87 Gamer

is the mfd open when you try to restart the engine when pitting?

13. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

Yes it is, or at least it was, until I learned to get out of it ASAP. I use a wheel button to cycle through the HUD displays because, as I said, you can bind both ignition/starter and control over the pit stop MFD to the Fanatec Funky Button but for as long as that MFD is being displayed, you'll lose your ignition/startup commands bound to the same multi-function button.

14. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

You can kill the enigne by keeping the engine start button pressed, and ignition stays on. Clutch in when restarting the engine, so you can stay in 1st gear. I had no more issues with this method. And of course make sure your buttons are mapped in a way nothing interferes with them.

15. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I had the same issues as the OP. Weird mapping problems in the pits which, despite inestigation and changing the starter mapping, didn’t get reliable fixed. I may have still had the MFD open. Anyway, I gave up and went back to auto start.

16. You learn something new everyday! Thanks