1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TS-PC Racer or CSL Elite wheel?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Bugatti, Jan 5, 2017.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Adding to your "feel through the wheel" discussion on weight, diameter etc.: I think this is no black magic.

The torque of the wheel calculates into the force perceived in your hands:

F = M x r

This goes for all wheels, light and heavy.

The wheel's mass will influence its moment of inertia, though:

J = m x r²

J increases with mass. A higher J basically means that it takes more effort to change the state of the system. Examples: to bring the wheel into movement from a stationary state or to bring it from a state of rotation back to steady.

My conclusion is that a heavier wheel will have the same steady force as a lighter one. But the heavier wheel will be more lenient to change it's state. There will be a longer delay until an FFB event gets to your hands and it'll feel more "weighty".

Kalamede and F430_458_F12 like this.
  2. Renato Araujo

Renato Araujo Rookie

Torque = J x α². (which you called F, Torque = Force x distance; F = M x r)
    So, as you said, if you have more mass, you have greater rotational inertia(polar moment of inertia).
    This increase in J alone (keeping other variables constant) will increase your torque which, by consequence, will increase the force needed to rotate the rim with the same response from the steering system(same angular acceleration).
    From the ffb motor's reference : Again Torque = J x α².
    This means that if you keep increasing the weight, and therefore the J, the wheel will keep delivering a higher torque(and force) until the point where it reaches it's maximum torque .
    From this moment on, the wheel will keep the torque (and force) constant, at the cost of having to decrease it's angular acceleration to keep up with the increase in J at this maximum (constant) torque, which will cause a bad responsiveness. (the car will be far gone when you notice the feedback of a slide, for example).

Basically when you say: "The heavier wheel will be more lenient to change it's state", you're saying: "The heavier wheel needs a higher force, thus, higher torque to change it's state". This will cease to happen when we reach a stage where maximum torque(either from your arms or from the motor) was achieved; then, the responsiveness ( angular acceleration)will start to decrease and the force will be constant, as I try to explain below:

== Saying the force is constant is only correct when maximum torque is achieved.(Because either your arms or the motor will be delivering their maximum possible torque, but since the mass and thus the J increased, the acceleration imposed by this constant maximum force from your arms or the motor will have to be smaller).
    But before this (while the engine still has torque(power) capabilities), actually the higher the mass, the higher the torque and the force. ==

Hope I haven't confused you guys even moreo_O.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

so just running, what I run a lot at the weekend with the t300, ie zolder with the merc. Yes more lower end torque and detail. I haven't even got any min torgue on either unlike the t300. Feels a lot more signal so to speak and the Ferrari wheel is just awesome......well being a 488 replica it should do! The alcantra has the new car smell I love it...
    One question how do I get the LEDS to work in ACC?

so who wants my t300?

4. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I can give you a feedback regarding the TS-PC.

I literally plugged in and start enjoying the FFB

Strong and detailed. This is what you need.

paul_wev likes this.