1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Tuning!?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by phil_75, Oct 2, 2016.

1. phil_75

phil_75 Rookie

Which am i tuning for, the left side with the car and all details or the ride side with its unknown numbers and guessing?

Im at a loss here, why did they not just put the correct values on the moveable right side?

Please can game devs employ testers with common sense, it would save so much time, frustration, patience, money and what's left of my hair.

Fantastic sim let down by really daft things... Oh and NO LEADERBOARDS!!!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Tuning out high Spring / Return-to-center with SC2 Pro? Feb 7, 2022
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres New way of engine tuning.. Jan 18, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Tuning Saves/Tuning Sep 7, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Help on tuning Mod car Braking distance Feb 3, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD Tuning Dec 19, 2019
    ACC Physics Tuning setup while pitting May 28, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Camber fine tuning with the stock apps? Jan 20, 2018
    Chit Chat Room i7 2600K Fine Tuning Overclock questions (speedstep,offset,etc..) May 20, 2017
    Suggestions Suspension and brake balance tuning for all cars Apr 24, 2017
    Console Lounge Tuning advice needed Jan 27, 2017
    Console Lounge Tuning Help Needed Jan 18, 2017
    Console Lounge Drift Tuning Guide Jan 4, 2017
    General modding discussion Adding tuning Dec 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Help understanding AC car tuning values please? Sep 25, 2016
    Console Lounge Tuning Question Sep 20, 2016

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Can you please elaborate? What do you mean by "correct values"? Are you aware of the purpose of racing setups? There is no hand-holding and "correct" values, you have to figure out what the best setup for the car, track, track conditions and your driving style is.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

They have an explanation to what each setting do. Or can you explain better what you mean?

5. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I think he means the seemingly random numbers within the actual tuning tabs that appear unrelated to the numbers shown on the left next to the car diagram; for example when adjusting ride height the sliders look like random values, but on the left they change in mm. Same for toe & camber.

phil_75 likes this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's as designed and how the setup screen works. On console the changeable values on the right are numbers that represent the range you can set up, the values on the left are the actual values. You set camber for example on the right within the range you can change it and see on the left what the camber is. I don't see the issue?

7. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I'm not saying there's an issue, just what the OP probably meant. I will admit though that at first I was only looking at the tuning values myself when setting up the car and not the 'real' effects of these changes as represented on the car diagram. Obviously have learned not to do that.

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well I meant the 'issue' that it's apparently not clear what the values on the right mean - I thought it was clear but maybe it isn't so much first time looking at that screen on console. So yeah, they're just representing the range - you change the value there and on the left you can see the effect it has on the car (for things like camber and toe, other values like fuel are directly adjustable on the right).

I suppose the setup screen could do with some more tips or a guide you can show via button.

9. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

The Lotus Exos 125 and the Lotus Exos 125 Stage 1 Bug in setup .

If you go in setup of these two cars to suspension , camber , and choose rear right wheel you can't go negative as you can do with the left rear wheel .
    Value left rear wheel - 1.5 for the rear right wheel is 0 1 2 3 or 4 .
    The other open wheel cars don't have this issue .

Just to report thanks .

ComplexRoger likes this.
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It'd probably be a good idea to make a separate thread about this as bug report.

11. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

The biggest problem with the setup screens on console is the process of saving/loading. It's pretty awful and never quite clear what will be selected as you move the d-pad around. A simple fix to allow for bumper presses would help. It's not a great UI at the mo in this aspect.

phil_75 likes this.
  12. phil_75

phil_75 Rookie

Yes you got it!
    What is the point of the right screen in an apparently hardcore sim?
    Why can't we just have the left screen?
    Where we see exactly what it does on the car?
    Oh & btw desperately need acceleration and even more desperately needed brake pressure slider in options.
    Anything other than a light squeeze locks up brakes
    Thamk

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I can just shake my head at this. But whatever, I'm out. You don't make the impression that you actually want help.