1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Turn into an Alien : ACC Guide

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by JimBoum, Jan 11, 2020.

1. JimBoum

JimBoum Rookie

Hello fellow racers,
    This is a tutorial I made aimed at drivers who are already fast but want to find the little details that make you a few tenths faster.
    I will be doing more of these so stay posted !

M-Bimmer, Flavus, sherpa25 and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Turn off hud Oct 3, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues turns out AMD FX cpu overclock DOES make you faster (exploit/hack/bug/glitch idk) Sep 15, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Laguna Seca Track Limit Exit Turn 6 Sep 14, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions How to turn off the rearview dash camera? Aug 27, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Front wheels brake when I turn Aug 11, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Pressing start engine button just returns me to loading screen Aug 10, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI STILL crashes at turn 18 The Dipper @ Bathurst Jul 29, 2020
    ACC User Interface How to turn on rolling start widget Jul 11, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Controller AUTOMATICALLY turns OFF when using Steering wheel? Jul 5, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Cant return to Box Jun 29, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions the steering wheel turns all the time in the direction of the next corner.. Thrusmaster t300, PS4. Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Leader of CP race lost connection and turned into a missile (taking me out) Jun 22, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Game hangs when returning to main menu [Fanatec LEDs] Jun 18, 2020
    XBox One Discussions Tmx 458 AC not able to turn all the Xbox One Jun 6, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals rebind "return to pit" key Jun 2, 2020

3. TheMarshal

TheMarshal Gamer

This is a very good video and yields quite some time. Thanks! Maybe some vids about braking technique and corner entry. And finding most effective traction.

4. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Bravo pour l'effort de parler anglais... presque sans accent :p

Très bonne vidéo ( en tout cas le début j'ai pas encore tout regarder).

Nice video, with a nig effort to speak english.

Waiting for the next one ;)

JimBoum likes this.
  5. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

I appretiate the effort, but at that level sharing motec data worths a lot more than any video, because the differences in technique are so subtle that only telemetry can give you a satisfying answer. I see the top guys 0.7s faster in replays and it seems a carbon copy of my laps, same lines up to the centimeter, same braking points, the few times they also show the pedal work it seems the same as mine, but 0.7s at the end of the lap. But nowadays an alien sharing his telemetry is an event rarer to behold than an unicorn, the last time I remember any alien sharing telemetry was Team Redline doing that with some Gregger Huttu motec data back in the GTR2 days. Back in the GPL days it was possible to extract the telemetry from replay laps downloaded from the GPLRank as it was mandatory to send replay laps in order to claim a new world record, all that data was at the disposal of everybody contesting in the GPLRank, I miss those days.

6. JimBoum

JimBoum Rookie

For sure, after getting into Alien territory, the differences between the Super Aliens and yourself are a lot more subtle than the differences between a "normal" driver and an Alien. The telemetry then becomes an excellent way to analyse the tiny differences in turn in rates, brake release ect...

In relation to the video, I would not agree that flatout sharing the telemetry would have been a better way to explain my BB tactics to other fellow drivers, but thanks for bringing this up.
    For the next video, which will be about avoiding mistakes during races, I will try to integrate the telemetry more into the content.
    I will also add my telemetry files in there, altough to be fair I might not be the guy you are looking for to compare yourself against, since I would still consider myself to be far away from being a "Super" Alien like Gregger Huttu.

M-Bimmer likes this.