1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TV style broadcast option to look at a quali/race REAL TIME and replay size?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by f1webberfan, Feb 22, 2018.

1. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Hello,
    Looking forward the new ACC game!

Will there be an option to look at a race REAL TIME from the pits and to switch FREELY between cameras/cars?
    Like a real broadcast? Something like what we have in other sim titles?

Also will there be restrictions in replay size (like we kinda have in AC)?
    Will there be an option to save every replay - from Recce, Quali, Race and not overwrite it?

Thanks.

Swam-e, Tim Meuris, KWILD and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC Mixed Reality Race at Mount Panorama [Real Wheel and hands with Broadcast Style Angles] Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Nvidia Freestyle Filters comparison screenshot and settings Aug 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions NVIDIA Freestyle Post Processing coming to ACC Apr 13, 2019
    ACC User Interface Request for iRacing style delta bar Oct 3, 2018
    Sounds modding RX7 Style Limiter & Anti-lag Sep 27, 2018
    General modding discussion Kunos Style Skin Preview Icon Feb 11, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Mercedes AMG GT3 style custom wheel Jan 29, 2018
    Console Lounge Font Style, Please Change It Already! May 9, 2017
    Online Leagues / Championships room Blancpain Styled GT3 Championship series 2017 - Simracing.org.uk May 1, 2017
    Suggestions Adding vibration parameters for replay cams! (Action Cam style) Jan 7, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Request: TV style graphics on replays Dec 28, 2016
    Screens & Videos Ferrari 488 GTB - Chris Harris Style Aug 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room why most gt\racing cars use f1 style steering wheel ? Jul 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Preview Style Apr 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Tyre wear vs driving style Dec 17, 2015

3. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Would love to be able to save replays while on server/track still... i hate it in AC where i do good race...disconect from server to save replay just to come back and see server is full and my car is taken lol

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

There is already auto save for replay in AC. But please confirm it in the replay options.

6. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

You seems to miss the point.
    It overwrites stuff.

7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Aware of it..but it has some limitations like 120 s save lenght? main reason i did not use it.. i like the current one i just need option to save from the game not when i close it.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I'd like the replay to be able to focus on two cars instead of just the drivers car. It's often hard to watch a replay as a race because the camera keeps zooming in real close to the players car missing any action. If the camera could just not zoom in so much and focus on two cars close to each other I think it would make replays much more watchable.

It would be great if the replay looked more like a broadcast.

tow, Swam-e, Tim Meuris and 8 others like this.
  9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

No need for hostility. I simply raised a point that he didn't need to disconnect from the server since there was already an option for auto save. But I wasn't sure how it worked since I don't use replays other than checking them during the ongoing session. So I asked him to confirm in the game options.

10. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

For true tv style replays ACC needs fixed cameras at the same spots as on the real track. Replays in games or live broadcasts of league races get very boring since the view switches from one trackside camera to the next as each view is used up. The sound engine needs to be able to pan in 3D as the cars drive by too.

tow, Swam-e, Tim Meuris and 1 other person like this.
  11. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I don't have a problem with sound.
    As for the cameras, yes I/we need an option to be able to switch between them+real telemetry data, if we pick onboard! If we are talking about raising the bar here!
    If the cameras can't be mod-able, well we then need some really good placements Kunos/ACC team!

12. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

@Lord Kunos - I could not find answer to my question/questions after the 1st FAQ.
    Perhaps too early?
    Maybe ask in a month?
    Time goes by fast.

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

This so much, I'd love to see that.

14. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

With the 1st ACC event already done at Monza ... is there some clarity on my OP questions?

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Sort of relevant so I’ll put it here, would be awesome for there to be places in the grandstands for people to be able to join as spectators only and watch the race, spawn inside an avatar sitting in the crowd in a grandstand. Looking around could be controlled by a mouse or just looking around if using VR. Imagine it would be just predefined free look cameras.

chksix likes this.
  16. Turk

Turk Alien

I wouldn't expect any clarity until the game is at least in early access, and even then it wouldn't surprise me if the replay feature hasn't been fully developed and unrepresentative of the final product. It wouldn't surprise me if replays are way down at the bottom of a very long list at this stage.

So far ACC seems to have addressed the majority of requests that came out of AC. We just need to have patience and wait and see what they come up with.

I think the fact they're leaning more towards this being an "esports" title means the replay and broadcasting features will need to be pretty good so that people that may not even be familiar with the game could watch races online.

Freddie Seng and f1webberfan like this.
  17. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I think ... is not the same as "It will". ;)

18. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

@Lord Kunos - any update on this? Real-time replays? Free camera switches? :)

19. it's not really something we're working on at the moment but the plan is to improve what we have in AC "1".
    As for switching, you can already switch the focused car in AC1... perhaps I did not understand the question?

Tim Meuris and M-Bimmer like this.
  20. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

What about an option to just type ... 1 and go to the 1st car, let's say press 9 next and go to the 9th car. Or an option to click on a name from the list and go to that car directly:
    upload_2018-7-19_13-58-44.png
    This is to avoid switching between all the cars listed 1 by 1.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  21. no offence but you are talking about what to us in this stage looks like a completely irrelevant detail.. we've got much bigger fishes to care about right now. There is really no point at all discussing these stuff on a forum.

In other words.. we're building a ship and you're here asking about the colour of the door knobs..