1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tyre graining formula abarth

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Parkour, May 1, 2015.

1. Parkour

Parkour Gamer

So I primarily drive the Formula Abarth in the Atomic League (Aussie). I experience massive graining on the front tyres, no matter how I drive the car, so I was wondering if anyone could offer advice to produce more front tyre heat - as this seems to be the main reason for the graining?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Tyre graining info bug Apr 21, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Where is the tire.ini [tyre.ini] file in AC [not Competizione]? Nov 5, 2023
    Chit Chat Room How do I adjust tire [tyre] grip? Nov 5, 2023
    ACC User Interface warnings and tyres type on times table Nov 3, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.7.2 tyre temperature Aug 23, 2023
    ACC User Interface Tyre Pressure Bars not working correctly for dry tyres after 1.9 patch Jul 7, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyre Physics settings ( PIRELLI 265/645-18 DH, DHB, WH ) Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Tyre grip falls off a cliff May 1, 2023
    ACC Physics Tyre pressure range for GT4 & wets? Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Physics v1.9 Hot Tyre Temps Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions tyre pressure Mar 3, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Simhub does not display tyre inner middle and outer temp Jan 14, 2023

3. Well, graining occurs when tyres are cold, so first thing is to drive more smoothly while the tyres are heating up.

Otherwise lower tyre temps, increase front bump damper, increase negative camber, increase toe, decrease spring stiffness, increase spring travel.

Hello to a fellow Aussie, although haven't heard of your league before but the website looks fantastic. I race in XGN.

4. Parkour

Parkour Gamer

Our league is new to AC. We have primarily used codies F1, even took part in the world league championship hosted by codemasters, but I am glad we made the switch. This game has gotten better in leaps and bounds.

Regarding graining, it seems like the Abarth seldom heats the front tyres enough. I have tried driving several different ways...none of them effective in generating the sort of heat you would expect. I tried easing them in as you have suggested...but yeah, nothing seems effective. Wondering if this is possibly an error in the coding.

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

You could try and record in real time (not from replay) at least 2 laps with you driving the f.abarth and with the car physics app open. Also enable the steering wheel animation in case you turned it off. edit. And also pro assists, with pedals app open.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  6. Parkour

Parkour Gamer

Have been using car physics app. This alerted me towards diagnosing the poor handling as being caused by low tyre temps. I am able to use it as I drive with a quick glance every now and then. The fronts always grain heavily. I am one of the fastest in the league...so no issues with the way I drive. I'm experienced enough to discern if it's my driving or the car (at least I am inclined to believe so). Seems to matter not what I change in car setup. Am I missing something?

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Which tyres are you using? I havent checked into the graining of these tyres but really didnt have much of an issue with them. For a race distance the hardest are the best option even beyond say 5 laps at spa with softs only lasting a few laps and mediums not much more with just regular tyre wear.

8. Parkour

Parkour Gamer

Softs have the most trouble gaining enough temp and the window opens up more as the tyres get harder in compound. But still, even on the Hards I have Car Physics graining values 3 times higher on the front than the rear. This is definitely felt as the stint gets longer on them, as the front tends to slide more and more.

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

But how much front graining are you building until the end of the race or until you change tyres? The max graining value is 100.000 Should be worse than ice. :) The f.abarth uses more the front tyres than the rears, so there will be more demand from them.

10. Parkour

Parkour Gamer

In last nights test it was 3.100 front to about 1.200 rear after 10 laps on the mediums. This presented a significant change to the handling, only remedied (slightly) by trying to light up the rears and grain them as much as possible.

11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I'd say is a normal behavior. More than that, only if you turn off or find a good % balance for mechanical damage, then you won't get tyre damage. You can experiment with 50% mechanical damage to see how you like it. 3 out of 100 is reasonable. Although if you reach value 50 it should already be pretty bad. And try street tyres on cars which have them in setup, see how graining builds up differently than racing tyres.

12. Parkour

Parkour Gamer

Ok Thx

13. the problem here is that graining is not well simulated, you because if you drive slowly with cold tyre you should not get graining, but in ac you get graining.

For example you start a race with rolling start and you do the formaiton lap at 70kmh and your tyres get graining,

14. If you want to see graining try doing a standing start in the 98T on cold tyres.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Havent checked if anything has changed there but I remember when we tried it with a pretty cautious getaway with no tyre warmers the rears would get around 40 grain level off the line.