1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

tyre temps - Porsche 962C LT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by A_S, May 14, 2018.

1. A_S

A_S Rookie

Hi,

not specifically just this car, but I've experienced it on others too. Front Tyre temps just drop like a stone even dropping pressures and changing toe. I was testing at Le Mans, soft tyres, dropped pressures as low as they would go and changed -ve toe as much as I could but tyres were cold before i even got to Tetre Rouge.... constant warming and sawing off wheel on mulsanne made no impact. So I went to Donington - a track which is fairly front tyre heavy - same problem... I just don't get it.

I've been playing racing sims since MRPS Grand Prix, through GP2, GPL, SCGT, EA F1, Rfactor and then took a 10 year or so "sabbatical" into AC - I've never had these sort of problems and I just don't understand why?

When I can get the tyres upto temp I can usually drive fast and consistent - For example on the RSS GT cars, lowering the pressures by 2psi on the front seems to do it at most tracks, I have no problems at Monza at all for example, with its long flat out sections - however with some cars, like the 962C, I just can't get any heat into the front tyres whatever I do.

My driving style is certainly more of the softly softly Jenson Button school - I'm not overly aggressive with the car if I don't have to be, and I can't be with the big heavy 962C because it is basically undrivable with the cold fronts and feels constantly like I'm driving on ice, confidence is low and stays low as I just cant drive the thing or even do 1 lap without spinning as every corner I get to the car just seems more slippy and lacking in grip... vicious circle

anyone have any advice?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics v1.9 Hot Tyre Temps Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Physics Dry Tyre temps in the wet Jan 23, 2021
    ACC Physics Tyre temps Sep 7, 2020
    ACC Physics v1.3.10 Lamborghini Huracan ST tyre temps Apr 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer pre race waiting time tyre temps/pressure Apr 27, 2019
    ACC Physics Jaguar Tyre Temps Apr 1, 2019
    ACC Physics Do brake temps influence tyre temps? Mar 23, 2019
    ACC User Interface Tyre temps app color Mar 7, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Tyre Temps: Motec Display vs Setup Display? Feb 26, 2019
    Physics Bugs & Issues F40 street tyres temps May 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ferrari SF15-T Tyre Temps Apr 8, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues About tyre temps, and cool downs Apr 4, 2017
    Suggestions Tyre/Brake Temps added to digital_instruments, just like Tyre Pressure. Nov 3, 2016
    Suggestions Brake temps added to the tyre app? Oct 27, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Tyre, water, brake temps Aug 31, 2016

3. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

sim racers ... ;)
    maybe the car had the same problem irl, or Kunos got the compound slightly wrong, I don't know, and I don't care, situations like this are realistic, you have to deal with it.
    You can either try to get the pressure in the correct range (which is more important anyway) and ignore the low front tire temps, or, if your main goal is to have "right" tire temps, drive another car that doesn't have the problem ;)

Sorry, not the advice you were hoping for, I guess. Maybe someone else has a better advice (something like "push harder" or so :))

4. Nao

Nao Alien

Better advice, let's see..., turn off the tyre app! :D Seriously, these cars drive fine until you look at the colors in tyre app and then placebo takes the wheel and it's cold tyres fault.

Trying to heat up tyres by toe sounds bad, you would need a bit more than the allowed setup range available in AC to have noticeable effect anyways, and even then you would be shooting yourself in the foot in corners with bad wheel alignment and on straights with additional resistances, definitely not worth it. In general, for most cars in AC keep pressures near optimum and don't worry too much about the temps.

ps: Blue-green-red colors are just a guideline to optimum for the compound, nobody said that these cars, be it IRL or AC, have to reach it. Color wise whenever blue starts getting brighter you have plenty of grip already.

LeiF, martcerv and henri like this.
  5. demonized

demonized Simracer

There is no adequate way to influence tyre temps except lowering tyre pressures to the extreme. Any other settings including camber don't change much, maybe 2-3 degrees, which isn't enough. Also driving techniques don't change much unless you deliberately overturn your steering wheel, which you shouldn't do ever. So only one option - deal with this and forget about realism

6. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Advice still is do nothing because there is nothing you can do but there is no way this is realistic.

Race tyres in the 80s were 9 times out of 10 custom made to fit whatever car they were put on. If Porsche really was running front tyres 20 degrees outside their operating window someone was not doing his job.

Even today, with "same tyres for everyone" for example in GT3. The engineers are fully capable of getting every single tyre close to their optimum temperature, using brake heat radiation as a their variable heat source. It's a non-issue for the drivers. If incredibly cold weather comes, sometimes it takes 4-5 laps to switch the tyres on and that's it. After that it's all good on all four tyres. I mention all four because it's important.

In AC most of the time we have the inside front tyre too cold and the outside rear too hot, it's worth several tenths a lap and there is nothing that can be done about it. I hope it will be fixed in ACC.

Flibo, chksix, martcerv and 1 other person like this.
  7. Thomas Gocke

Thomas Gocke Alien

Still the AMG F1 team (arguably currently the best racing team in the world) struggles at some events to get the tire in the "window", whatever that means...

But of course there always is room for improvements and I hope tire temps are more realistic in ACC :)

8. I really don't think F1 Pirelli's are really comparable to most other racing tyres, everything I've seen suggest they are different beasts altogether.

9. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

If racing tyres in general were like the F1 Pirellis the global race engineer suicide rate would go up 3000%.

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Why ? Because of the narrow operating window?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

11. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I've seen multiple quotes stating a window of less than 10 degrees. And it's not just narrow, the dropoff when you are out of it is huge.

Pirelli was supposed to make the window much wider in 2018 but I'm not sure if they ended up doing that.