1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

PHYSICS Tyres! oh... it's raining...

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 6, 2018.

1. iVG

iVG Alien

Yeah I think you are experienced enough to notice when you have less grip and when... Every time I try to follow the actual 'drying line' that appears regardless of where cars actually go in ACC, I lose time even though it is either less wet or drying.

2. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

That's not currently on, isn't it?

3. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

This is implemented? I have gone in the outside line collecting (if this is on) marbles for all the Paul Ricard straight and I don't fell less grip and vibrations. (Speaking in dry conditions)

4. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

No, I don't think that works yet, at least I didn't notice any difference.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  5. São os pneus usados no acc? Faço corridas de 1h e sempre fico no mesmo ritmo, é normal na categoria gt3? Eu acho que é estranho, porque seria muito mais dinâmico as corridas no acc com pit stops

6. Adastros

Adastros Racer

someone know why IRL races have a lots of punctures ?

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Probably pressures a bit low and curb abuse, also they are limited in number of tyres per race weekend. So they will rarely race on brand new tyres, often if watching races you will hear the driver is told to avoid using certain curbs.

Adastros and PiretSS2000 like this.
  8. eracerhead

eracerhead Racer

At the Silverstone Blancpain race, there were a lot of carbon fiber shards on track following that early accident at Maggotts. The announcers surmised that this was a large factor in so many fires going down.

Adastros and anthonylroy like this.
  9. James P

James P Racer

Does anyone know if the AI will suffer from tyre degradation during a long stint like the player will?

PiretSS2000 and Racert46 like this.
  10. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Hardcore Simmer

Guys, let me quote this to you from what I've just read from @Aristotelis FB, and it's another dream come true, this is bloody amazing, superb:

Aristotelis likes this.
  11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Suprised that nobody did full quote on this...such a great read that was... i am not even working on the game and i got motivated :D

Luis Branco likes this.
  12. david m

david m Gamer

awesome words of Aris, really made me feel and remember many similar things with all these titles, memories and feelings about simracing.
    And of course I love reading what he says about ACC. It is obvious that his opinion can be considered conditioned, but this man seems quite objective .
    I really believe that the ACC is a fantastic simulator and will be a before and after.

It would be good if he puts the words of Facebook here in the forum also.

sps_for_race and D.Jankovic like this.
  13. Arckeron

Arckeron Rookie

Attached Files:

Eduardo AuKiss and trutya like this.
  14. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I guess most of the punctures in real life are caused by not following the prescriptions of the tyres manufacturer...

15. trutya

trutya Simracer

that target pressure is useful my target pressure used to be around 27 psi, which seems lower (but it may have more grip, only less duration...) i used to be around 3.6-3.8 front camber for the front-engined cars, a bit more (4.0-4.2) for mid-engined cars for more rear stability. for rear tyres i never go above 3.0

16. Arckeron

Arckeron Rookie

Thank for the reply. I thought the camber was a Blancpain regulation...
    Can you tell me, how you measure the best camber ? (What IMO temperature are you looking for ?) Or it's all for the feeling ?...

17. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

As long as the temps are inside a decent window, it's more about the feeling for me.

18. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Exactly.
    Pirelli forces the minimum pressure at ambient temperature (21psi) but they can't force camber. They give recommendations but that's it.
    Some cars need more camber than others, depending on their suspension geometry and dynamic camber gain. It's not a coincidence that Lambos often suffer with tyre punctures from very aggressive setups

sps_for_race and trutya like this.
  19. trasgu

trasgu Racer

I was doing hotlapping in practice mode and looking to the sets of used tyres I was having problems with blistering at Spa with 27ºC. Right now it doesn't makes me worry because I'm hotlapping but in a 40+minutes race I believe that it can be a pain in the ***. There is any way to deal with it setup wise other than softening springs and increasing brake ducts size?. Taking slower fast corners would be enough?.

20. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Slide as least as possible not to overheat tires. But thats setup related.