1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

PHYSICS Tyres! oh... it's raining...

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 6, 2018.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Teleporting. Celsius, if that makes a difference.

Neilski and Shooter80 like this.
  2. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Would be nice to see the number of laps each set of tyres has already done during the weekend. You might be able to compare tyre wear depending on setup changes a bit better. Laps vs. tyre wear. :rolleyes:

Tim Meuris, trasgu and Epistolarius like this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Last night testing on a looping server with a short Qualy race qualy race format. I noticed I only had one set of wets and they were still worn from an earlier race a few sessions ago. Even when the race weekend restarts all worn tyres are kept if you stay in the server. As there is only 1 set of wets it seems now your stuck with the one set.

If you leave the server and come back all your tyres are new again. The wet compound is an issue as maybe in a wet race you will also only have just 1 set to use. With dry tyres if you stay in the server for a while you will have many used sets.

Server side I think each new weekend should replace all tyre sets and if someone leaves then returns back into the server they shouldnt be given new tyres again. Once we can enforce tyre limits this will be important.

For now its a bit annoying needing to know which sets have been used and when loading a setup it will give a used set most likely if you have ran a few sessions in the server already.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

We had some very wet (attempted) racing tonight but this issue didnt come up again. This time we only ran the single race weekend P Q R and the wets were fresh after each stint. Strange that last night all in the server only had the 1 set of wets. But there we had QRQR and we stayed in for 3 sets of these. The last wet race is when I noticed my worn wets from an earlier race and the few others on discord had the same issue then.

Nobody had an issue tonight with 20+ in the server woth wet tyres being all anyone used as it was rather wet until we restarted the server and stopped the biblical storm. :D

5. m_box97

m_box97 Racer

Is it just my setup or do tyres take a bit longer to get up to temperature and pressure in 1.2?

6. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I got the same feeling. I did not drive too much but was kind of a first impression for me.

7. f1200racer

f1200racer Gamer

Maybe it was answered but what is the cutoff temp and pressure from slicks to rains? Did a race in light rain on slicks for 30min and tires were stone cold and pressure 24ish. But seem to handle ok still

8. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

its silly now in 1.3, dry tyres work great in the rain , even better than the wets. I had same results, 23 psi slicks at 40C worked better in rain than 30psi wets at 75C.

f1200racer likes this.
  9. Slick on Wet still not fixed. Also hope you guys continue improve tire operational temperatures work in dynamic. Still not sensitive for bad driving style!!!

Eero likes this.
  10. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

There are a lot of comments popping up about the tyres now from 1.3
    Back in version 1.1, there were no complaints about the dry/wet handling or operation Windows.

Eero likes this.
  11. ohjeah

ohjeah Simracer

Seems like there's something wrong with either the slicks having too much grip or the track just not getting wet? Just did a 30min race yesterday, pretty heavy rain all time but the track condition stayed damp and the ice cold under inflated dry tires were working better than wets.