1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Tyres! oh... it's raining...

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Jack Taylor

Jack Taylor Gamer

My thoughts exactly! Its highly contagious you know.

2. bastipcf

bastipcf Rookie

I am absolutely agreeing on the overload of Informations some sim racing Players use whilst driving. But to be honest, i did the same thing in the beginning, having my whole screen filled with Windows for different informations. But that started to really distract me from racing at some Point, leading to me using no apps (except helicorsa) only trying to kinda feel what the tyres and the car do (overheating, losing grip etc) in certain corners ans situations and Not trying to read that up from the screen. But an Option to kinda contact the pit team so they can give u certain Basic car information via radio would be nice!

DarthJysky, mms and LeDude83 like this.
  3. Craig Cookson

Craig Cookson Rookie

Sounds excellent.

Will dynamic weather be in the initial early access release on the 12th September? I’m really hoping so, as rain in AC is like a dream come true for me.

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Just as a quick heads up if you did not know already:
    You can configure up to 4 different desktop app configurations
    I've mapped a button on my wheel to zap through the different "desktops" quickly.
    So I usually drive with the screen unclattered, but can use different configurations of apps when called for

Ernie and Leclettico like this.
  5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

@Aristotelis, many thanks for giving us your insight of ACC features. One of the many things I enjoy in Kunos is your generosity to take time to gifts us with this delightful details about the sim.

About the tyres and wet conditions, and although probably you’re going to address the night/day cycle in a future topic, in particularly regarding track and tyre temperatures and dry and wet track conditions, does the day/night cycle also influence both how the temperatures changes and how the dry to wet to dry conditions evolve?
    Particularly does the day/night cycle will affect how a wet track dries and the track temperature change and, also, if both aspects are interlinked, i.e., a wet track at night will take longer to have a “dry line” once stop raining than during the day?

sissydriver likes this.
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Aris said a few pages earlier that there will be fixed scenarios in the initial release due to time constraints. We'll see what that may be specifically, my guess would be fixed weather scenarios like Clear weather, cloudy, light rain, heavy rain, etc. Dynamic weather will come though.

7. Ernie

Ernie Gamer

Really a mindblowing write-up. Thanks Aris.
    I really like this idea.:)

I have to admit, that i'm also using a few apps during my races. But you have definitively a point here, Aris.
    I agree that it isn't realistic to have all the tire data. I like the realistic approach for ACC. It will become more important to feel the car than rely on pure numbers. But it will be nessessary, that your team/crewchief is giving you at least the information they have.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  8. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Thanks Aris for your writing! Really interesting to read. I think all of this information should be in the game in the specific menu where you can learn about the mechanics of the game, because obviosly a very low percentage of users enter the forums, so it should be in the game itself, its a good and very important read!
    I can't speak about others, but for me personally, as soon as the game represents the real world situations and behavior I don't care of how dynamic or premade are some of he things. Literally no one is gona change the racing line for a non racing line, so if you can save some time out of it, then why not?
    Don't have any questions atm, everything looks very promising and interesting. Will see how the thing actually "feel" in action =)

So again, big thanks to all at Kunos by moving the boundaries, keep up the good work!

LeDude83, sissydriver and JKI like this.
  9. Craig Cookson

Craig Cookson Rookie

Sorry I must’ve missed the earlier post.

Sounds good though, I’ll be happy just to drive in the rain with the first EA build.

10. Talkie Toaster

Talkie Toaster Hardcore Simmer

Instead of all the crazy tyre information apps on screen, I think we should have "Aris Cam".

We could have Aris in various stages of happiness, insecurity right through to blind terror to give us an idea how our tyres are doing.

[​IMG]

I'd pay extra for that.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

12. Turk

Turk Alien

This all sounds great, for the hardcore element that really understands setups. It sounds scary to the likes of me that has just scratched the surface of setups and had brain melt.

In AC I would always have a preference for cars with minimum setup options. Because I could just jump in, and after getting tyre pressures good I'd be happy enough and could be competitive.

I wonder will there be some sort of help for the likes of me? If setting up the car could be learned through a game mechanic it would be great.

Having said all that I never really suffered in any online GT race with my limited setups. I think a lot of people are maybe in the same boat and are probably doing limited setting up of their cars too.

13. JKI

JKI Gamer

I think you are seeing it from a wrong point of view. The thing to remember is, that it will be the same concept as before. There will be players who are just "get in the car and drive" and there will be "setup-junkies". We had online the same thing in AC(1) and drivers with default setup where competitive to drivers with default setup too and drivers with a well build setup will be competitive to other drivers with a well build setup. I think the competition will get even closer due multiplayer ranking.

14. Physics are there, thats all I need :D

sissydriver likes this.
  15. Turk

Turk Alien

Not to beat my own drum but, I'm pretty decent at the driving part. With a good setup someone like me might have the potential to go instantly faster. I know there are people out there that wouldn't even know to adjust the gearing of the car which is going to make them sitting ducks on the likes of Spa. Typically my setups involve tyre pressure, gearing and minor suspension adjustments (Aris videos made me comfortable adjusting suspension, so would love to see more of them).

It could create a miss match of good drivers in slow cars and bad drivers in fast cars.

Part of it is in my head too, I don't like the thought of of being slower than I could be with a proper setup.

I even know what a lot of the setting do in isolation it's bringing it all together thats the issue, I just don't have time to sit down and try it all out in a productive way.

16. SirJack

SirJack Racer

Thx for your interesting article Aris!
    This made me even more looking forward to the EA-release:)

17. all these gt3 stuff is great, simulation to the max, but where's the drifting!? do they drift?

18. Hopefully not. One drifting-GT-game is enough and S397 have done that already.

Nada, Nick Moxley, Gevatter and 4 others like this.
  19. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

If you say the availability of the tyre app is not certain, will there be dev apps like suspension + aero in ACC?

Will the AI again have 20% more grip?

20. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

The drying line design is great, I think that people are hung up on perception vs reality and assume incorrectly.

In reality, the racing line is always the drying line as it’s the fastest line and drivers are always trying to use it reguardless of the changing conditions. It’s also the line most practiced. Considering you, the driver, are only at one part of the track at any moment it’s inconsequential what is happening on the other side and the conditions constantly change. Also, though rubbered line is slick in the wet, it also repels the most water. Now that we have functional marbles I think we can be excited about truly dynamic variables we need to manage beyond driving.

But I assure you, each drop of rain being a physical object wouldn’t make for a more accurate simulation of weather and track conditions.

I just hope all the sensations translate intuitively to the driver so we can use more feeling than knowledge to compensate.