1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultraquick leaderboard update ...

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SteelyEyedMissleMan, Dec 5, 2018.

1. More feedback for Team Kunos and wondering if anyone else has noticed. Last night I finally managed to get some flow going on PR/M6 and chipped away at my best times. Interestingly the leaderboard update was near instant (or at least within a lap).

A couple of weeks ago I was putting in 5 to 10 laps, if not more, before the leaderboard would register my time - I'd try everything, going in and out of the pits, leaving the car parked on the side of the track, anything to make sure my time wasn't lost.

@Minolin this was between 11pm and 11:30pm NZT (5/12)
    I noted around 9:30-10:30PM NZT I wasn't connecting to the server - I'd started doing my hot laps just after it all came back online.

Not sure if there has been any code updates, or simply load related. Either way I noticed :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Hotlap Leaderboard Dec 2, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Don't record laptimes & don't load leaderboards Nov 21, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards leaderboard not updating Nov 19, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Leaderboard not updating - release 0.3 Nov 17, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Online Leaderboards not loading Nov 16, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Leaderboard event empty ? Nov 15, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Singleplayer leaderboard Nov 15, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Misano Hotlap - Leaderboard is blank Oct 30, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Leaderboard time not stored Oct 22, 2018
    ACC User Interface Event leaderboard shows duplicate places and place 7 Oct 15, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards How to get me name on the leaderboard? Oct 15, 2018
    ACC User Interface Player name overlaps other text (event leaderboard) Oct 11, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Leaderboard not working Sep 28, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Is stability control required for a competitive leaderboard time? Sep 22, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Rating/Leaderboard server update 0.1.2 + Leaderboard reset Sep 21, 2018

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Hardcore Simmer

Servers work good these days ...compared to overloaded servers when patch drops..so you can expect every patch servers to be overloaded a bit and times not saving at all.

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

It's a combination of both, but for sure we constantly work on various little demons that end up in delaying messages. Yes, at the moment the whole system is lightning fast, which on the other side is necessary to handle high loads well.

Surpisingly there is only one really fundamental change in how the client receives the messages since 0.3.5, the rest is just tiny improvements. They are still needed to handle as many clients as we've seen for the big update evenings.