1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultraquick leaderboard update ...

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SteelyEyedMissleMan, Dec 5, 2018.

1. More feedback for Team Kunos and wondering if anyone else has noticed. Last night I finally managed to get some flow going on PR/M6 and chipped away at my best times. Interestingly the leaderboard update was near instant (or at least within a lap).

A couple of weeks ago I was putting in 5 to 10 laps, if not more, before the leaderboard would register my time - I'd try everything, going in and out of the pits, leaving the car parked on the side of the track, anything to make sure my time wasn't lost.

@Minolin this was between 11pm and 11:30pm NZT (5/12)
    I noted around 9:30-10:30PM NZT I wasn't connecting to the server - I'd started doing my hot laps just after it all came back online.

Not sure if there has been any code updates, or simply load related. Either way I noticed :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Hacked leaderboards in special events 1 and 2 May 6, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos, you might want to fix this leaderboard... Apr 16, 2019
    ACC User Interface Extra Player information on Leaderboards Apr 6, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [SUGGESTION] - MP Timings, Leaderboard, Ghosts.. Mar 7, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting "Anonymous" user name on leaderboard Mar 2, 2019
    Console Lounge Unofficial console leaderboard uploading problem Feb 3, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards When single player timetable/leaderboard will be working? Jan 21, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Can I look at Leaderboard online when not in game? Jan 17, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Suggestion: Add total entrants to Leaderboard display Jan 13, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Lap time not saved in Hotlap online leaderboard Dec 21, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Hotlap Leaderboard Dec 2, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Don't record laptimes & don't load leaderboards Nov 21, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards leaderboard not updating Nov 19, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Leaderboard not updating - release 0.3 Nov 17, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Online Leaderboards not loading Nov 16, 2018

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Servers work good these days ...compared to overloaded servers when patch drops..so you can expect every patch servers to be overloaded a bit and times not saving at all.

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

It's a combination of both, but for sure we constantly work on various little demons that end up in delaying messages. Yes, at the moment the whole system is lightning fast, which on the other side is necessary to handle high loads well.

Surpisingly there is only one really fundamental change in how the client receives the messages since 0.3.5, the rest is just tiny improvements. They are still needed to handle as many clients as we've seen for the big update evenings.