1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

READ HERE Understand flags - FIA regulation

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Claponi, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

If I understood Minolin correctly he has NOT the right to defend under blue flag. That’s the only consequence of blue flag: You may not defend but you don’t have to slow down either...

2. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

In that case he isn't under blue flag IMO since he hasn't been lapped yet.

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm not the Blancpain Race Director, but my view on the whole blue flag thing is that we tend to "forge" the rules out of special situations, like having an unnecessary crash with a blue flagged car. As usual, the natural reaction tends to be a bit unreasonable.
    Instead I'd turn it around and define blue flag behaviour in a way that you can unlap yourself, and slowly pull away over the course of a few laps, while not being punished for not obeying the blue flag rules. > 3 corners with blue flags = DQ or >30s under blue flag = DQ make this completely impossible, right?

So if you "just" are not allowed to defend (ie leave the racing line and expose the inside on every corner), any driver that is quicker than you can do his pass. And looking back at the BP universe, Bathurst is a good example. Tactically, the race is like "stay in the lead lap for the first 11 hours, then score a good position". Nobody wants to be lapped, as this means the next Safety Car puts you out of the race. That leads to cars are willingly lapped within the early hours, but once we come towards the end, cars under blue flags "fight for their life" - not in terms of defending, but going into Q mode and trying not to be overtaken. Yes, the lead car(s) can really get into trouble and lose time, but that's what it is. And while especially this year was quite strict and we've seen many penalties, I don't recall any blue flag situation being penalized.

Ofc. there is a completely different scenario, which I also recommend to "use" when driving under blue flag: If it is hopeless to win anything (which is the case in 99% of the time), especially early in the race or when you drive in different car categories - cooperate with the overtaking car and negotiate a good place to overtake to minimize the time lost, but also the risk of something going wrong. If you look at the VLN for example (where you have crazy traffic on a crazy track), a huge part of the race pace in the lower classes is cleverness and getting overtaken in a way where you lose as little time as possible.

manudouet, martcerv and tjr like this.