1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

But after safety car will be another start... and so another safety car!

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In a fully open server I would never enable safety car, it would never leave the track. :p

But just possibly it could teach these people to avoid crashing if they ever want to get some green track running. Maybe not that bad an idea. ;)

3. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes, it's true! Many should practice. For example, I training driving with the AI on a wet track following a car for two or three laps at a distance of no more than 1/3 meters. Without touching it eh!

4. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

Is that supposed to be taken care of by the star TR rating?
    Just make that a requirement to have driven the track with AI without incident for a number of laps.
    In iRacing there’s a safety car on the opening lap, but it’s simply giving pace, when it leave the track, and it’s green, nothing can prevent an accident. The safety car doesn’t rejoin. And it works just fine.

5. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

Just joined a race before where I ended up in the rear pack for race start. Within 3 turns I had been rammed 4 times by different cars, of course never good for SA rating. I also witnessed some lag related repositioning/skipping of cars in this period. I start to wonder, if some of the ramming issues in ACC is sometimes related to too high server latency, so even straight drivers, who try to avoid others are driving into fellow racers, because of netcode/server slowness...

6. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

7. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I was on a full server with rating SA65 (MrGit@Twitch) at Zolder, started from pits (20sec behind the last one), came to 8th and then got rammed by some lapper (few laps down), who I cannot believe how he can have that high SA rating. And he was driving laps 1.32 or slower (we were in 1.28 or 1.29) - speculating, he was all other the place. He even took out the leader of the race (we talked after we were both out). I think a driver with these kind of laptimes should never have better then SA50.
    But thats not the point, its about this question: does SA look for your speed as well, or only on how clean you drive?
    --

If not, is it (would be after v1.0) possible to set other options of rating for each server?

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  8. Si.

Si. Simracer

He may be quick at other tracks though and just not at Zolder, hence the SA over 65. Either way he should be able to race cleanly with that SA. I think the track medals go some way towards what you’re looking for, were 3 required? Perhaps there should be some multiplayer track medals e.g. so many consecutive MP clean laps/races etc.

9. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Nonsense. There is the pace rating for exactly this reason, it has nothing to do with safety.
    I lap at around 1.31-1.32 but have an SA of +65. Just because I'm not challenging for the podium doesn't mean I can't race clean. It just means I finish mid-pack. What's wrong with that? I don't think it should prevent me from being rated as 'safe' as the guy in first place.
    p.s. it wasn't me on your server BTW, I've not been racing MP tonight.

vanveen, Arlo, LeiF and 6 others like this.
  10. nkohout

nkohout Gamer

I'm hoping that the "Competition" rating will allow for filtering like this. We'll have fast/clean servers, fast/dirty servers, slow/clean, etc.

tjr and PiretSS2000 like this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

SA isnt pace related, Im not sure how much it also deals with people staying on track. I would hope it takes into account off tracks as people unable to stay on track are massive hazards in a race and not safe to race.

I did suggest in some thread not sure where now regarding TN medals 4 and 5 being pace related. A special event hotlap at each track to match real world qualy conditions. Then give the 4th medal if someone is within 107% of this time then a 5th if they beat the pole time. This would make setting server to 4 medals at least ensure people are at reasonable pace.

Not sure if thats a good or bad idea but would give some real world relevant special events, also make it much harder to get 100 TN if its just all tracks at current 3 medals system most will easily get 100 in this.

I still think most good racers will end up with SA90+ for example me to drop to 65 would take lots of crappy racing.

That doesnt really mean it should be any harder to get to 65 just over time we will need to figure out what level to set servers at.

The tricky thing is atm many good racers are still building their rating and could be around or even below this figure due to limited racing.

Some not so good racers may have sped up the process with more racing which could put them closer to their end rating around 65 if they arent very clean, they likely wont get much higher. The fact you can rate up with AI doesnt give a false rating you just may get your actual max rating sooner. Dont allow AI and many good racers may take way longer due to very limited mp fields to race in.

Set servers much higher and they may be empty until more people come in and rate up. At this current stage its probably too early to go much higher then 65 but anyone is free to test higher levels to see how thay goes.

The other thing is ratings are driver related so it could easily be a friend using someone elses account. No real way to deal with this but it will have am impact on your rating if you share with worse drivers.

Earlier ACC build showed more server options, things like ban escape to pit will eliminate most of these people. I assume this will be escape to retire from session, drive back to continue. Would love to see this in practice and qualy too as theres nothing I hate more then people stopping on track to escape to pits in any session.

Closing pits to people that dont start the race will also likely be an option, this will probably go even further and we should be given tools as admins to greatly avoid out of race practice sessions if we want to.

chksix likes this.
  12. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

At the moment it doesn't look like competition will be a filter, just an indicator saying "this is how competitive the drivers in this server are" (who knows what that even means).

The only options we've seen are for Track, Safety and Racecraft. That being said, I think that's more the goal of the RC rating anyway, just in a very slow way; if a driver is faster, they should be able to overtake and increase their RC, while the driver that was overtaken loses RC. With that, they can then join servers with higher RC requirements, where other supposedly faster drivers can gather with them. Servers also have a (not working) Safety Indicator, which I believe is supposed to represent the average SA rating of all drivers on the server.

I've wondered if there should be a pace filter for servers too, but it's a similar issue to SA where a player can complete any one of the special events to improve their PC, at a track of their limited choosing. Same problem, different rating.

There's also the currently disabled option of setting minimum SA and RC ratings for servers, so with that you should be able to find drivers at a similar level (at least once RC is fully working and actually representitive of all drivers). We'll see what 1.0 brings in a few weeks.

13. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Why not using Pace (PC) as a requitement to enter servers (beside SA and medals)?

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

PC is currently based of special events results isn’t it? Some people may not be interested in those

15. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Strange that the PC is only for special events (leaderboard results), should also be included in all kind of racing.
    CC (car control) and CN (consistency) should also be the options as requirements for Multiplayer races, don`t they? In order if the admin want`s more restrictions.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I believe the PC score is relative to the current global leaderboard, not sure what else it can be derived from for no special event races. I believe it can also go down if lots of people start setting times faster then you in the special event

17. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Special events are ideal for PC because they are an 'all else being equal' yardstick. They are perfect for benchmarking your pace against others. I don't think you'd get such a 'true' result if all racing was taken into account.
    As for CC, and CN - good races will probably be fairly high across all the ratings, but it has been demonstrated that very experienced and fast drivers can have quite average CC. We should probably wait until 1.0 and the introduction of CP before we start redesigning how Kunos utilise the other ratings.

EDIT: I think the way you are asking for PC to work is very close to how RC operates?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  18. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Yea, he's basically saying that he wants RC servers. Good thing about that is that you can restrict a server using RC! It's not done at the moment for the same reason that at first we only had like 30 SA servers, it would block a lot of good users that don't have play enough to have good ratings

19. Si.

Si. Simracer

I raced on a SA60 server @ Monza for 45 min with many laps within a second of the car in front. I think the only incidents were a slight rub at T1 and the above car who did a bit of a lunge at T1 trying to regain their place after I’d passed them and hit me slightly before they dropped back. It was generally a clean race with only a couple of racing incidents but my SA only went up by 2. It feels a little slow to increase.

20. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

That's because it is exponential, having a gain from 70 to 72 for example is like going from 10 to 30, it's made that way so if you see someone with +90 SA he is one of the cleanest guys you are gonna race in your life

Serge M, martcerv and XettMan like this.