1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Yes !
    But events are official while race on server is not ?

- I do not agree with that because is important this should be difficult to upgrade. To avoid bad behaviour, we actually need to feel the loss.
    And good SA (80,90) must mean something. Otherwise, this would be ridiculous.
    -And the sanction in MP is maybe too light. We loose SA but not so much. And loosing SA must mean something in our MP career (class stuff like that).

For now, for players, it's just about SA. And we race with good or bad SA. It's not not enought for me. Something are missing. We are only focus on SA.
    And PC should be linked to MP because "Events" are great (really I love this, thx Kunos), but the main goal on racing, is race.

"Events" works fine, excellent ! SRO great !! Ranking is great with very good idea (learn how to improve, not just see result but understand...I really new).
    MP need more stuff.

chksix likes this.
  2. Si.

Si. Simracer

Yes perhaps but if that is the case then it doesn’t sound like a good idea to me because basically as you go up the scale you’re going to have people from e.g. 70+ who are very very clean and very similar to 90+, the only difference being the number of hours that they race. Being able to rate a server as SA62, 73, 89, 91 or whatever seems too atomic/specific, I think the way GT Sport does it for instance could be better where there are bands S, A, B, C etc and the Top S rating is 80 to 99.

XettMan likes this.
  3. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

That something that you need is RC, completely focused to racing, just that is not used at the moment

Max Doubt, DzelRacing and tjr like this.
  4. falkeGT

falkeGT Gamer

I've had my SA going from 78 to 90 within 2 or 3 45min races. So quite fast.
    Maybe older not so good sessions fell out of the calculation so it grew faster in that timeframe?!

I'm pretty happy with SA, to me it feels like the MR Rating before. Also I'm on MP only and have the 1st corner divebombs, still it's growing well. So those 1st corner hell doesn't harm SA too much. 60 hours in the game currently

cheers falke

5. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Well, imagine that we have a bunch of players with SA 70-99. If a server is 80 SA restricted, that would mean like an A+ class in GT Sport. I don't think anyone is gonna rate a server like 87 SA

6. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Yea, older session begin to fade from the ratings, so if in a race you clip the grass and do a massacre in T1, but you normally are a very clean player that doesn't **** your SA up

7. Si.

Si. Simracer

That’s odd, yes perhaps older sessions dropping off. @Minolin can you comment on this, is it going to take sometime to shed SA from previous races, if so what sort of period does the SA consider most significant e.g. last 10 hours, 20 hours etc. I can accept racing in unrated servers as long as I’m not gaining too much baggage but if it’s going to take hours and hours to shed OBWP gained (from the wreckers) then it might not be worth it. I have restricted race time so sometimes I have to choose an unrated server to find one that is populated. I’ll probably use SP more once there is some sort of Championship structure but at the moment it doesn’t interest me too much.

8. falkeGT

falkeGT Gamer

I didn't want to give the impression I'm the one causing those chaos experiences in T1, sure not error free but I see myself as a pretty clean driver having build up good accident prevention skills in numerous pcars1 open MP sessions ^^

cheers falke

Si. likes this.
  9. Si.

Si. Simracer

80 in GT Sport is an S rating, I can see from my history. That means a range of 19. If we take the same range into ACC then I think someone with a rating of 80 is going to be very very clean (probably indistinguishable on track to a 90) so what is the need to restrict at e.g. 90, that’s why I think banding would be better. ACC needs as many racers as possible on track, the perfect goal is clean races with as few restrictions as possible. Minolin will be able to guide us on this I’m sure, as he has in the past making recommendations.

10. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I didn't mean to say that!!! Only a example

Si. likes this.
  11. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

I don't think anyone is going to do a 90 SA server, maybe only if he is MrGit and want to race the best of the best. Currently the highest SA server is 65, and I don't think we're gonna see anything above 70

Si. likes this.
  12. falkeGT

falkeGT Gamer

Hehe all fine, I've just reread my post and thought one might get it wrong ^^

cheers falke

13. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Have you hovered the mouse over the SA bars in the ratings menu ? you can get a good idea of with races/events are influencing your rating.Plus you can see them fading as they become less significant.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  14. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I have read many posts and find them very interesting. My opinion is that I agree with the SA restrictions. You can create servers even with access to 80 is not a problem. What I do not agree with is a subdivision based on the skill of the driver or the lap times. For example Monza: my best is 1.49.0xx (almost 1.48) but I can't in any way run at 1.47. If I look at the leadboard, on average, there are two or four riders running in 1.47 out of 24. I wouldn't want to access a server where we are only 5/6 drivers all with the same time. It is simply unrealistic! If we want to raise ACC as close as possible to the simulation, we must mirror what happens in the real world. The "real" races (F1, MotoGP, GT series and others) have riders with totally different lap times. Moreover, even lapped are important and have a fundamental role in "real races". Do we really want to simulate the races? On the track there must be different skills. Instead what we need to work on is "unsporting behavior". I have to admit that I meet lots of correct pilots. Unfortunately sometimes only a ******* is enough to create a chain accident and destroy a race.

vanveen and martcerv like this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I would first push safety higher before rating by pace. If servers are filling too easily with for example SA 80 or even 90+ then maybe look for pace though I dont see that ever really happening.

If you have a field of guys that are able to get a high SA this if it works properly and seeing my rating I have no doubt it is. So to get 90+ SA surelynyou have enough control to be reasonable on pace.

Its why I suggested track medals for 107% of real world qualy times which is about the level needed for people to make the grid in a real race. Then servers could use this to avoid those guys at SA65 for example that are clearly well off pace.

But a higher SA may likely also deal with this. Really for anyone to be able to respect others on track and give racing room isnt so hard. Even if they happen to be a few seconds off the pace its no big deal, Blancpain even encourages inclusiveness with AM drivers in the same field.

If any of those guys were a hazard and danger to everyone else on track they would be penalized and lose their license soon enough. If they are 4 seconds off pace and no issues to anyone else then they are fine to race.

Why are busy open servers so popular? Its because they are busy. I would gladly join busy servers with a field I know are competant at racing and for this I have very high standards. Pace isnt a big deal and if we get enough clean racers into servers everyone will find some conpetition in there.

16. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Don't worry, is not gonna happen

17. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

If you want this, don't go to busy servers, go to unpopulated but SA restricted ones. If anyone sees a SA server with 3 people, but knowing that he is gonna have a great race, he will go for that. Do what you want others to do, change the mind of this community

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Well I would never join a busy unrestricted server. Even in AC I only ran strict MR A only or AB servers before A only was permitted. Once minorating died I mostly abandoned AC including interest in league racing there. It was fun to have our weekly league practice servers open to MR A, where we could race with league guys and any other good clean racers that wanted to join in. ;) Without that I lost interest in practicing and therefore in league racing with AC.

Being in Australia our ACC servers are pretty quiet so its mostly racing with friends atm on our own SA restricted server, at least that way if someone new joins they shouldnt be horrible as its only SA50 atm due sto severe lack of drivers.

Post release this will go higher but currently it barely gets anyone even if unrestricted. Unrestricted more often then not gets people that cant set a qualy lap or finish a 20 minute race. Mostly pointless to have these guys in a server so may as well just keep it restricted to ensure others that join have some idea about racing fairly even if soft atm.

19. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Being in central Europe there are only 2 types of servers for Monza.
    1 to 3 servers that are completely full and all the others that are completely empty. So nothing better even in Europe. You just have to try to connect to full servers for about 5 minutes until you can start driving.

DzelRacing likes this.
  20. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Ok great ! it's true, my bad.
    Good to know.

I really want the best for ACC.

Same here :(

XettMan likes this.