1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. ReVibe

ReVibe Rookie

Wow someone who understand me 100%, thank you. Whit a kid, work and sports I have little time for racing, when I join I can't whait to populate a server. Matchmaking iracing style will save my time for sure.

2. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

That sounds absolutely reasonable, but unfortunately your scenario doesn’t always pan out as you would think. I posted earlier in the thread, SA 65 server, 7 guys at Paul Rickard, was a lock to be a great race with minimal bad behavior right? Wrong! Was taken out in T1 just like any other crappy server.

That said, I would think you will do better in higher ranked servers but don’t think it’s a guarantee. You can find an A-hole in any server regardless of SA rank.

3. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Of course you can find *****les everywhere, just that in a restricted SA server you are more likely (and I mean very very likely) to see clean people

4. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Its all a question of timing , SA rated servers are empty because there is no agenda. Just need a website pointing to a server and a time that the race starts , I bet you it the server would be full. I bet there must be a least 100 people looking at a empty server every half hour and not joining because its empty

donShere likes this.
  5. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Now that you say it, we could use this forum. In a post, we put the approximate hours that we can play, and if sufficient people participate we could search for someone to race at the same hour. Of course, you need at least 50 SA to go to good SA servers

6. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

By now I'm losing all interest in multiplayer. It's impossible to do a race without some idiot hitting you like a bomb. I can't have a clean race, and while before I tried to hold on to recover positions now as they hit me I push "exit" from the server. Yesterday as usual at the cursed T1 in Monza, today at the third corner of Paul Ricard. I saw from the replay a BMW that reached twice the speed. But how the **** are you doing? Unfortunately the replays do not show the names because I would like to open threads with the name of the idiot. Every idiot one thread with his name. And the worst thing is that now I have changed my driving style which only serves to avoid any contact. When I see a car in the mirror, I let it pass for fear of hit. The servers with SA 50 or 60 are very few and are either empty or full, there is no middle ground. I unfortunately don't have an advice for the DEV, not anymore. I can't wait for the new circuits to come out for dedicate myself to the SP.

Chriss likes this.
  7. dek

dek Racer

I only drive on the higher SA Servers. If empty, just join and it will fill up. If not, I do not race for the same reasons as mentioned above.

8. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Simply: No pain, No gain!

9. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I've already said this in another post.... SA only in MP, so in SP each one can vent as he wants and push out all the cars. But in MP if you do too much *****le you're out. Stop. Otherwise people are stockpiling SA points in SP to "spend" on MP.

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm sorry, but this is likely to be the impression, but has no real substance.

Ofc. it is easier to achieve higher SA in SP compared to unrestricted servers - if you are a good driver. But it's even easier to do so on appropriate servers.
    If you are not a good/clean driver, SP only appears easy for the first climb. Once you are "in" the system, it's hard. Going to MP losing points and "easily" farming them back in SP is a time consuming thing, and will render impossible for not-so-good drivers, mainly because SP is severely punishing accidents.

Tbh. this again is an "image" problem. SA is built in a way good drivers are rewarded with quick and high numbers; but this effect goes down gradually with the quality of the driver. We also have drivers reporting it's impossible to touch 50 SA (in SP), though they prefer to write this in private - you will still find them here. So in the effect the good drivers think it's too easy both in SP (and restricted servers), but in the end this is the mechanics working out very well - which suddenly causes a problem? :(

Mai_88 and Arlo like this.
  11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

to add @Minolin `s post, drivers with SA over (lets say) 75, 80, for sure are not there in MP to ruin your race, they are there from all different reasons.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  12. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes ... it's not your fault but it's the heads of ***** that have no respect. I don't know how you can solve the problem but something must be done so as not to ruin a game (simulation or 100 euros .. lol) that I love.

13. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I'm 82.. this is not the problem. The problem is even finish the race at T1

14. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I only choose servers with SA over 50, and look whos inside too. In my last 20 or more races I have never had any issues in T1.
    Else, its better to start from pits, behind all ;) Thats what I do often too, if I see some strange drivers on servers.

15. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Off topic, it is Minolin, not Manolin. So far you have called him Manolin every time :p

Mitja Bonca likes this.
  16. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

OH :eek::confused: no wonder have I got no response from him for the last 10 years :D
    fixed last post

LeiF, donShere, Gunja and 1 other person like this.
  17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

But I wonder what this Manolin thinks is going on here :D :D:D

R. Iván, donShere, Dookie and 4 others like this.
  18. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

My friend, I was one of the first to support the thesis that it was necessary to start P-last, and I was also criticized for this. Now I have discovered that it is very fashionable. I even tried to enter the pits at 120 km/h to be disqualified in Q (without success). I went to the grass at the start to let everyone get over it. But I don't think these are normal behaviors in the race ... or not? Many people always say: "go to servers with high SA". Often they are empty or it is always the same circuit at the same time with the same weather. I hope that in v. 1 you can save replays to put in threads. I repeat, I am not interested in tender contacts, it is right, I suffer them and I do them. But you can't go in spin in formation lap or give an example. I was in T1 at Monza flanked by another car. we both kept the lane (internal / external) and we would not have touched each other. A third car arrived that wanted to be put between us (in T1 !!!) and threw us out. Some people arrive at double speed braking. But are you idiot or what? EDIT: (not you Mitja Bonca)

19. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Try to avoid Monza, I know I do. Unleass any server has high SA or many fast pro drivers inside.

20. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

I recently had some really awesome races at Monza on Mr.Gits server.
    He has set a decent SA rating of about 70 which seems to work quite well.
    The most people who race there are incredible fast and drive super fair.

But we should not forget that accidents can happen, and they happen even in the real world (especially in T1) quite often.
    There we got very experienced drivers who also risk their life’s and the team’s money.
    We can be sure, that these accidents do not happen by intention and I think neither this is the case in ACC mostly.

Rather than avoiding certain tracks or MP in general I decided to accept the situation after I got hit and, if the car handling is not destroyed completely,
    continue … get back to my pace and try to get some positions back.
    In many situation where I initially though this accident was on purpose I had to accept that it was a usual race accident after watching the replay. ;)