1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Not long ago I was involved in one of those situations at Monza. It really causes a bitter taste.

I was having an amazing race, fighting for position with another driver, even changing positions a couple of times, very good racing.
    In the meantime, we both were approaching a pack of cars ahead and I braked roughly at the same point we were braking, and I shouldn’t have.
    As the cars in front were also racing between them there can be some different braking points that I didn’t anticipated as I should.

The consequences were I crashed side ways with one of the cars, ruined that driver’s race, my own race and the nice racing that I was having ended there.
    The only “not so bad” thing about it was that I ruined the race of “only” one driver, because it could be much worse, as there were other 4 cars close together.
    All I could do was saying I was very sorry about it, but the damage was done.

It’s one of those silly accidents, completely avoidable by my side that happened due to my own misjudgment on the particular situation, that surprised me as well. I thought to my self “what the hell was I thinking to not have seen this”.
    But moving on, one other time can be me on the other side of the stick.

Those are the bad things that happen while racing and mistakes is something everyone has their share. I do have mine, just have to accept that is something that can happen.
    I’m not happy with it but that’s part of racing as well.

vanveen and MobyDuck like this.
  2. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

What is you guys' opinion on lapped cars trying to unlap and causing an accident? I'll give some context to this.

About a week ago I (in a BMW) was fighting with a Ferrari on Paul Ricard. We had a few position changes (because ofcourse the BMW just vroooooms past the Ferrari on the straight), it was overall a nice battle. However, our laptimes sunk by about 2 seconds for a few laps because ofcourse we were battling and not driving ideal lines. In comes this guy (another BMW) who had crashed earlier, had been in the pit for about 4 laps, and had exited the pit behind us. For al intents and purposes, his 'race' was over. He wasn't particularly faster than us, but he was able to catch us due to the aforementioned dip in lap times.

Coming into turn 1 I see this lapped car trying to overtake the Ferrari in my mirrors, divebombing and hitting him in the process. I don't know whether the Ferrari gave him enough space or not because it was in my mirror. Naturally, because it's Paul Ricard, I sarcastically type "nice move [driver name]" and "thanks for ruining our fight". He proceeds to rage at me. A couple of days ago I was talking about this in a discord server, and I got the impression people thought I was overreacting, so I am wondering about driver etiquette right now.

I mean, I feel you may unlap yourself if you are faster than someone. However, if I'm a lapped car, I would stay behind two cars fighting for position. I don't even think he was actually faster than us, it was just because we slowed down because of our duel.

What is you guys' opinion on this matter? AITA? (am I the *****le?)

3. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

In that case I normally let the two in front battle it out unless I am much faster (say lapped due to damage or accident) and another lapped driver behind me is pushing for position too. In that case I think if you see drivers behind queuing to get past, the two battling it out should give it a rest for a couple laps and just build a gap, otherwise chances are they are causing someone behind to overtake the lapped driver, bridging the gap and cause an accident because they didn’t realise the two in front were having a mano-a-mano.

FelixR1991 likes this.
  4. FelixR1991

FelixR1991 Simracer

Thank you. There was no 4th driver in the neighbourhood as far as I was aware of. Also, in the situation you describe, I reckon you wouldn't divebomb the inside of the car in front, especially because (and this is why I mentioned he was driving a BMW) he could have easily overtaken the Ferrari on the big straight.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think anyone divebombing and causing collisions is not doing a good job at racing, if its someone multiple laps down in a sprint race its even worse.

If your out of the race and want to pass others really it needs to be an easy and clean pass not effecting others in the slightest. In a short race there is no real point in doing this and why hopefully we get the option to lock pits in all races unless taking a pit stop.

No point raging in the lobby either way if its an fully open server then really you shouldnt have any expectations for clean racing. I dont know if this was a restricted server or not.

Turk and MobyDuck like this.
  6. pRojectop

pRojectop Gamer

Just now: i leading the race, i have more two laps for win and the last driver, last lapped driver come back to the track and hit me with full gas. This is not normal that some idiots why not going to need for speed? My race is trash and i have minus SA, nice.

7. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

I don't know if you can see the video

EDIT: wrong upload...

Attached Files:

8. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Please someone tell me if you can see the video. I'm the black Lambo
    EDIT: because i do everything with smartphone

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  9. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

Yes it works.
    I would assume that he was surprised about the breaking point or was distracted by doing something else.
    At least it looks to me that he ralized it and tried to escape to the left... but it was too late.

10. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Thanks for reply. Not too fast for you? For me double speed.
    EDIT: As you can see i have the same speed of other two cars (ferrari and bmw) and these are the first corner of the first lap and so cold tyre and brake. He was a kamikaze imo.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

I used to join a server then head straight out to practice while the race draws to a close. I don't do that anymore now, my problem in VR is my mirrors are at a low setting so I can't see how far the car is behind me I can only go on the timing app.

It's a bit late to suggest this now but I think it would be much better if rather than being dropped in the car when you start a server it would be cool if you were out of the car standing in the garage. It would be great if there was a screen to watch the end of the race too. Or even an option to stand at the pit wall to watch the cars finish the race.

12. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

Hard to tell from the video.
    For sure it was his fault by crashing into when this happend around a normal break point.
    If you hit the breaks in the middle of a straight, then it is a different story imho.
    But I think it was not intended as he pulls hard to the left as he realized that he could not make it by breaking.

13. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes you are right but you (behind) must to observe what happend in front. I was near two other cars. You behind have to wait what happening

14. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

This is probably going to me more of a personal vent, but here goes anwyay:

As much as I personally like having the option to join mid-race, it can be a reeeeal annoyance when somebody joins 10 laps in and then starts RACING the pack! Yesterday I spent 15 mins qualifying and then in the race about 10 mins trying to chase down the next guy in front, only to have a backmarker who joined mid-race start racing me for position. I overtook him when he nearly spun out, but then he actually caught up with me. Rather than staying back, he raced me for position again, supposedly trying to unlap himself from one of his 12 or so laps down, only to crash into me....ffs, really?

I sometimes join mid-race too, but I make sure to give way for blue flags (see me online, and you can count on it).

Loren Thomas and XettMan like this.
  15. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I agree with this. A setting to prevent other people from joining mid race would be interesting for server admins I think.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

chksix and tjr like this.
  16. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yes, ideally locking you to the pits/spectator mode so you can 'book a place' on the server for the next session rather than preventing you from joining at all.

jc1993, chksix, eracerhead and 3 others like this.
  17. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

If you lock people out from joining a race currently underway no one will run or join servers with longer race lengths.

Just missed the start of a 30 minute race? Sit there and wait for 29 minutes, hmmm.

18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin, could you tell us the rationale why someone with say an SA 80 should be able to join an unrated server?
    This is obviously a consious decision, I just want to understand it.
    Thanks.

19. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Joining midrace is good, but then lock them to the pits until the race has finished.
    Many drivers care about not racing against other drivers when they joined midrace, but one single idiot is enough to ruin your race.

chksix and sps_for_race like this.
  20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yep, is very consious. And your instinct is correct, it'd solve the major problems in dynamics.
    However, that would feel like a penalty for being clean. Small issues arise, like you want to race with your newcomer friend - we don't want to see a situation where users try to downgrade their SA so they can do whatever we prevented them from doing.

It's kind of a last-resort card though. Let's play another quite ... brave card first.