1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Unsporting behaviour

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Thug, Mar 12, 2019.

1. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Easy. Ran couple of 45 min MP races yesterday on a server with SA50 ( or was it 60.. ) requirement, SA went from 91 to 97

2. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

... following close someone as fast as you.
    What about if you are infornt? Is SA still doing in your favour (incident free of course)?
    One more thing, anybody knows if your SA is dropping if you get rearended, without being your fault?

3. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

you have to be clean racer and small contacts "are allowed" in the SA Rating.

So dont freak out if theres contact in the race.

My SA was 99 (a system fault ? lol ) is now at 95.

The important thing is you try to avoid an incident at all cost even if you go offtrack or loose 5 positions...just have fun and let those wreckers pass you 1 or 2 laps later you see them in the gravel anyway :D

sry for bad english ;)

Radfahrer and D.Jankovic like this.
  4. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

I dont really watch the SA progression during MP races (no time, have the hud set to cc), but it should be fine if you are in front also.
    Any contact affects it, no matter if it is your fault or not. I think its fine like it is, of course there is occasional situation that you simply could not do anything to avoid it, but its life, **** happens.
    BUT, you can do a lot to avoid the situations. Ok, this is going to be lengthy, but here goes:
    There are two (at least) kind of drivers seen on top places, A) fast, fair and patient B) fast, arrogant and impatient
    The A drivers are constantly seen on top places because they dont dive to the first opportunity, but take their time to see braking points of opponent and work for the overtake (push to mistakes). If you give room, they give room also. In every situation they are aware of surroundings and leave room for error and room for the other guy just enough, even if it was their line to take. Of course accidents happen, but its not coincidence that most of the times, at the end of the race, they are running and high in order.
    The B.. always assume the worst, they will dive to any opening, so be prepared to leave room. No point fighting as they will crash someone else (other B), by themselves or with lapped car. They might be "clean" racers but simply lack the patience to work for overtakes and leave enough room. And defend their position way too hard. Sure they might make some spectacular overtake moves, but are simply accident prone, never their fault (fail to see other point of view). But still fast and skillful drivers so get the SA rating reasonably high.

My first reply might have been a bit trolling, because the fact is that it is not easy. To get the SA high, give room, learn how each opponent behaves, make clean passes (knowing when to abort is a skill also). And remember, there will always be another opportunity, just calm down and in the end you will be rewarded. Consistency is the key.

Last night there was amazing lineup of drivers on major tom and mrgit servers, the best I've seen online to date, many of them there (including you Mitja and Madsen ;) !). It was really good racing. I mean damn, I worked for 20mins to make a pass on one guy, following 0.3-0.5 sec behind, and then he made small mistake! what a race, and races.

ps. And if you see accident if front of you, slow down, because then you can better make moves needed to avoid it. Seen many of these full throttle hoping for the best, making pileup because they could have lost 2secs by braking a bit..

martcerv, chksix, Madsen and 4 others like this.
  5. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Well said. Yee, last night we raced at Zolder (with you Jarkko and the guy who took you 20min to pass - A. Rossi :) ), but I came a bit late to qualify, so started from far behind. I got quite some places in 10 minutes (only 1 clean pass) all else they took out infront of me by them selfs. Then I tried to pass someone for P7 out of 1st to 2nd chicane over crast (he went over curbs and lost momentum), I was already 1-2 cars infront before braking zone and he tried to pass me again on the outside, I did all I could by giving him room, not to crash before the chicane, by going well to the right side, and on the grass, where I eventually spun on the curbs, but we didn't crash. Sure, he went forward with no consequences, I got drive through for being an *****le by giving him room and avoiding an accident, which could clearly be avoided, by not trying to use a so called divebomb technique.
    No sorry of any kind.
    Dropped 10 places and again started gaining in few minutes, when suddenly I was rearended into last chicane after coming well infront of some guy. And I was well on the left side all the way to the chicane, how he came there straight behind me, I have no clue. Seemed like he tried to intentionally take me out with that move. So I decided to stop.
    Yee, there is still lots of B drivers even with server to take drivers with SA=>60.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I did a race on Mr Gits Zolder server last night, absolute chaos, but it a good way, the track appeared much damper in the race than it had for qualy, so loads of incidents with drivers being caught out with cold tyes on a damp track. Twice I hit people who span in front of me, one was unavoidable but the 2nd I could have missed had I not been playing with my modec display, pitted to get the car fixed, pickup up a stop go for speeding in the pit lane (my pit limiter frequently doesn't work, and yes I do slow right down and am in 1st gear), ended up with a puncture with 2 mins to go....madness!

That said I didn't see anything malicious, just people struggling in difficult track conditions.....I love this game

7. fabT

fabT Alien

Yesterday i did a few races at Kunos #2 / Misano.
    Well populated, almost full.

At first i thought it was ... safer to skip qualy and start at back.
    Bad idea. The problem was i ended starting mid pack.
    Outcome ? 4 races, 4 times wrecked badly before even reaching T2.

So i decided to do some proper qualy.

I did pole position 3 times in a row, but 2 times out 3 i got punted off right at T1/T2 at race start.
    So even position #1 was only relatively safer, after all.

I'm asking: is MrGits server good ?
    Are there good alternatives ?

I'm looking for a server populated by well behaving guys.
    Gentlemen.

Where is "Streetfight" for ACC? @Gunja come on :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    mikendrix likes this.
  8. mike reynolds

Yes, MrGit and MjrToms servers are generally very good with SA restrictions in place, I wouldn't race on a non SA rated service now

Madsen and fabT like this.
  9. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

Kumos server (even rated ones currently)-> skip quali -> at start drive immediately on grass let everyone by -> start racing after T3. You will be back in top 10 in no time.

You might still get rammed right at start before you can move.

The non Kunos rated ones are good because they have community a bit (less of the fast but very reckless drivers). There you can start normally.

10. Turk

Turk Alien

It doesn't look like servers are really making use of the Safety rating yet. When I used the Kunos server with the SA of 50 I got better results. Still accidents though.

What does the little orange bar mean on the server list?

11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

How much weather changes. Higher the bar, changes more.

Turk likes this.
  12. pRojectop

pRojectop Gamer

Same problem , good qual in MP and in the formation lap from back hit me the Hamiltons and the L1/T1 want win race all Hamiltons, always demolition derby. booring. i hope that the bad racers dont play with better racers in matchmaking races

13. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

The whole thing is so odd and strange... this kind of conversation we never ever had (for example) in GPL, 20 years ago.
    And now is becoming one of the major aspects of sim racing. What`s wrong with people??? There must be the reason for sure...

Arlo, mikendrix and Raklödder like this.
  14. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Actually I am so pissed just came off of monza hit four times in the rear, in two laps by people not even hinting at slowing down at corners and ridiculous overtaking attempts . You can see that most people want to race First 10 drivers around turn T1 behaved impeccably, then it went to s*t as the arseholes arrived. I think its actually worse at the moment than AC public lobby racing on unrated servers. Its destroying the game , especially for new users who want to race. More SA rated servers needed It think. KUNOS need to publish a list of recommended servers.

mikendrix and R. Iván like this.
  15. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Regarding Pit limiter malfunction. Dis you try to enable it with Pit menu open. The it may création conflict with the button asigned for Pit limiter. It happens to me some times.

16. mike reynolds

Ah maybe, will look out for that next time and see if that’s the cause

17. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yesterday for the first time I was thrown out at the start ... before the green flag! The race had not started and was already over. Absurd! I often get gored at the first corner ... people don't know how to brake. I say that you have to training in SP to follow a car 2 meters away without touching it. Do it because you don't know how to follow a car.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    mikendrix likes this.
  18. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yesterday on Hungaroring, server with SA > 50.
    In quali immediately after exiting pit a Lambo took pleasure to push me in the corners. I let it pass to do at least a clean lap but the f***er was braking just in front of me, wanting me to crash into him (???). Finally I stopped in the grass and let him go, only then I could do a lap. But I was already pissed.

I qualified 10th, the race starts. I engage 1st gear, but the guy in front of me takes some time to start. So I wait, but someone is already pushing my car from behind, full throttle.
    Then I manage to do a clean lap, I'm 8th, a Jag behind me during the all lap.
    In T4 apparently the Jag was tired of me so he decides to crashes into me at full speed, so hard I rolled over in the gravel. (In VR it's quite something :cool:)
    It was clear it wasn't a touch and spin by mistake, the guy was pissed because once again he couldn't overtake, so he rammed me.

The problem in MP is if we want to avoid any contact we must let pass every car. Even the guys who try to overtake everywhere at all costs.
    I'm OK for that in Practice and Quali, but during a race we must trying to keep our position. But it doesn't mean cutting the lanes of the other guys, or pushing them in corners, or wreck them...

Now I'm done with MP. Each time I try I see this kind of behavior (with me or others).
    I'll stay with AI, at least they don't have bad intentions, and they are smarter than some people actually. :D

19. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I'm still of the opinion that there should be heavier consequences to wrecking other cars. One method is to make the cars behave as if they are made of paper. Touch another car and it is game over since you destroyed your vehicle. Yellow flag, transport to pits and locked controls for a simulated repair which of course will take a realistic time to accomplish in the garage. No rage quit since it will dump your SA to zero.
    Drivers with good SA and no crash points get stronger cars which can take a beating but all drivers have to start with paper cars until they prove that they can race.

I saw a short documentary of a small family based racing team where they put all their savings along with loans to be able to race. He got punted off track on the first lap and the car was broken down. That weekend cost them over 100 000 SEK if I remember it correctly. Their driver wanted to punch the offending driver when they met in the pits area afterwards. Understandably of course.

20. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

There are no wreckers on SA restricted servers, or at least I haven't seen one yet. There is no need to think about more ways to punish them, just let them hit each other on unrestricted servers.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

mike reynolds likes this.