1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Update 0.6 - MP & Ratings Rebooted

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So why is it not a good idea, then? What if there will still be "free for all" servers and I want to race on them because other servers are empty? Then the radio message will greatly help because it's impossible to "read" careless aliens or crashers like you describe.

In the properly restricted servers, this message wouldn't be triggered, anymore.

I don't see a downside to this.

2. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Because it's not representative. In my opinion you are not gaining much with that kind of comms. There is loads of kinds of drivers. PC rating? Maybe guy was grinding hotlaps for few hours but he's inconsistent and overall may be slower with his racing pace. SA rating? He may be driving open lobbys and have it ruined and not even causing any of crashes. You can go on and on. So downside for me is that your instincts and observation skills will fade away. Radio comms based on numbers will just cause confusion and you still wouldn't know who you are racing against. Would rather have CrewChief kind of comms. Like "guy behind you is slower xx of a seconds and he's falling back" or "guy behind you is gaining much time on you" etc.

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I understand where you're coming from but I disagree. All good.

4. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

Funny, because RC is 75, CC is 92, CN is 94, TC is 87, PC is 96, while SA is 41... Just because I do a lot of hotlap and practice. SA is going down slowly every time.

5. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

Yeah. SA is dropping pretty quick when you are driving in clean air. I think even more on wet.

6. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

I'm not a programmer but why not make SA inactive when practicing and/or hotlapping?

7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

SA? no, that's included. SA will be tougher to gain vs. AI, and also will hardly change on pw protected servers (mostly aimed at league racing*).
    The entire point of SA is to be balanced around public lobby racing. It sounds strange, but it'll work. Can you artificially increase your rating by joining good / highly restrictive servers? Yes sure, please do so. Will a hit bother your rating? Yes, but that's in the calculation. You are expected to hit other people and get hits. Can you skyrocket your SA rating by going one level higher, fighting close, and still not being hit? Yep.

*league racing and pw-protected servers:
    First it shouldn't be auto-max SA rating to always race in protected environments. Then there has to be a place for mentoring, racing academies and even destruction derby servers.
    But then I also want the guy who does good league racing only to have a corresponding SA rating eventually, so he's free to apply his skills on public servers. Reducing the rate of change by roughly factor 10 sounds like the way to go

We'll see, honestly no idea yet. But to be honest, based on my past experience: Thinking that people will join clean servers over populated ones is a dream, no matter how hard I try.

8. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Wait what, so SA behaves differently on pw protected server vs open. Now I understand why I dont see SA going up with close battles, as mostly racing in pw protected servers. Combined with long pw protected time trial events, my SA has gone to bottom :D

9. Minolin

The placebo is strong :D
    That's only the plan, not even implemented on my local code ;) Was just summarizing the concept

BoinkTheBeaver likes this.
  10. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Gets stronger every day :D

Minolin likes this.
  11. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

I find a bit ridiculous that during a rainy race my CC rating went down from 81 to 38!!!
    I spun 2 times...in a 30 minutes race.
    We cried over for rain in AC, but now I don't want race in rain anymore... :D

12. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

When racing in the wet, also my CC is quite a bit lower than in the dry, but, according with @Minolin we're seeing the CC achieved in the laps made in the wet.
    Once I start another session my CC, although lower than before the wet race, is much closer to the CC I had before the wet race, because, then, the CC shown is, again, the average skill, considering the effect of the skill achieved during the wet race, thus lower than before.

@Minolin
    What could possibly be considered, if not already, and if it is, completely disregard this, is a different read of the skill during wet track sessions, compared to a dry session.
    I've done some races in the wet with, what I think to be, a not very bad car control, but my CC in those sessions is hardly ever above 70/75.

13. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

Dunno...I don't think I drive kind of wrecklessly or slowly or badly in wet conditions. I was never the fastest guy but won several races thanks to my consistency.
    My average laptime in wet conditions on Paul Ricard is 1:07-1:08 all within 1s.

14. Obizzz

Obizzz Racer

That's pretty fast ;)

I guess you mean 2:07-2:08

natloz76 and D.Jankovic like this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

16. TRIAS

TRIAS Racer

Oh dear, Minolin, you are not going to like what I say, but after driving more then 100 hours since 0.6... I strongly feel that you over complicated your rating system. Iracing looks clean and readable. Safety and Performance. While maybe (again maybe) it is suited for new racers , those who are doing well and eager to race online only are just hindered by seem like unlimited pool of wreckers undeterred with your fancy numbers in the right top corners. ACC is absolutely in 'driveable' state since 0.6 and yet rating system is meaningless. Iracing performance rating where drivers see the strength of field with corresponding ratio is clean and understandable for anyone for ANY PARTICULAR RACE, in ACC I have no idea how good the guy in front or at the back is.
    I absolutely love what ACC is turning into in 'drive' dpt though.

17. tabis

tabis Simracer

18. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Rating does not have anything to do with matching at the moment. Full focus is just to have runing multiplayer stable and no crashes.
    Then they will ad rankings and penalities and pit stops and stuff like that

19. Minolin

True. While I can totally understand* not everybody is fully aware of both the concept and the state in EA, I'm really deterred by this "c'mon just copy the other title" mentality.
    If I manage to carry this emotion over to the weekend night, I will consider doing an "Only real ratings" option you can set to true, which will rename (R)ace(c)raft to "Performance" and hide all the other useless foo.

*Edit: And I totally accept the critism that the ratings are very complicated

Fremen_78 and mms like this.
  20. mms

mms Alien

I know it's hard sometimes, but I think the best thing is to just look the other way and keep going...

LeDude83 likes this.