1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Update 0.6 - MP & Ratings Rebooted

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Weird, but I can tell this is way off how it should work. A sudden drop from 90s to low 80s should be impossible to achieve within short time.
    Yes it's true that traffic kind of destroys the CC and this is very wrong and will change. But atm it shouldn't matter that much, because bad laps shouldn't shatter your overall CC and CN ratings. There has to be something I do not see yet, let me investigate and keep you posted

LeiF, martcerv and Oblit0r like this.
  2. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

The impression it gives me is that the CC rating has like a kind of threshold that will keep it steady for a certain amount of time, even when scoring lower CC ratings for a while, and then all of a sudden it just goes down and down and down. You can see it in the video I posted in my previous post, it stayed at 91 all the way til around the 14 minute mark in the video, then it dropped quite heavily by 5 points to 86, next lap I lose another 3 points. My driving didn't really change.
    I think it's just because I was near AI all the time, which prevented me from driving on the limit. At the end of the video I show the CC rating in my driver profile and it shows an average of 80 for that particular race.
    I had a couple of retries before the race, probably also 'helped' in the dropping of the CC rating.

3. Minolin

ya totally clear, and

is precise. Except the "all of a sudden" that follows, that is my question mark. You lose 5 points / lap, expected is something like 0.3 or 0.5 points per lap MAX

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

If there's anything I can do to help you figure out the issue, let me know. I've got some time at hand, could do some longer races or some solo hotlaps/stints to give you some data to compare it to if needed.

Also, I like the new green-color thing when increasing rating. Nice touch!

5. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Havent paid that much attention to the speed it drops, because doing couple of good laps its up again. But if/when that happens, would you like logs, or is it all happening server side?

6. Minolin

it's server side, I should find this by checking my numbers

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Main issue with this was caused by myself in hindsight. I used 90/90 AI in the video, I'm above that skill level. I just ran a race with 98 skill / 94 aggro and this whole issue became null and void. My CC rating stayed at 90-92-ish without any issues.

My CN rating increased by 5 points in 1 lap though. Not sure if this is an issue, just figured I'd report it.
    1.png 2.png

Also, the RC rating is buggy, I think. It kept dropping til it hit 1, then all of a sudden in 1 lap it went up to 49.

upload_2019-4-4_17-26-24.png
    upload_2019-4-4_17-26-47.png
    (I reported this along with a couple of other persons in this thread: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ecreasing-as-position-in-race-improves.55950/)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  8. ears

ears Hardcore Simmer

I'm a C# / ASP programmer by day and only just discovered that this API exists (in fact I didn't find out to start with that it was disabled in 0.7 so spent some time head scratching as to why I couln't connect!).

So, as I've done nothing with it yet, my vote it for change what you need for the best, and let's start from scratch with 1.0.

Another question, sorry as I haven't been able to find an answer - is there (or will there be) a similar API available on the server exe?

Thanks!

9. antonmorse

antonmorse Gamer

Can someone just clarify this ratings system for me please - is it just a way of comparing against other drivers, or will it actually mean that wreckers and constant crashers will not score high enough to enter certain races?

I've only tried a couple of races, and as usual, the intentional idiots are soon evident. I can't be bothered to race against these childish nobby drivers spoiling races - I'm not the quickest of drivers by a long way, but at least I can race cleanly and consistently.
    I will put up with it for a while if it means that my score will gradually qualify me into 'cleaner' races, but is this the way it actually works?
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  10. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

The first 4 ratings are how good you are driving, the 3 last are how good you are racing. And SA keeps you from being with wreckers, so be clean and the system will put you into clean servers

antonmorse likes this.
  11. antonmorse

antonmorse Gamer

Ah that's good to know thanks, I will keep going, try and avoid trouble and hopefully get out of the driving gutter!

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  12. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Here is the super short blurb if you are new to the (very complex) rating system and you want to get started online:

1) get all three track medals for each race track you plan to race at online (read the requirements in the rating menu by clicking on the track competence item)

2) get your safety rating (SA) as high as you can quickly (you can read how best to go about that in the description when selecting the SA item)

Thats It.
    Everything else will fall into place all by itself as you go.
    Once you understand each of the other values, you can work on them consciously and work on your skills.

a little more info:
    The track medals are more and more used as an entry requirement to the better servers (think of them as an entry key) - good thing is, they are super easy to acquire, just lap a track without incidents and off tracks for a minimum number of laps (5 clean laps in day light, dry conditions currently - you can do this offline, alone on the track while getting to grips with the cars or building your setups).

The safety rating is a second requirement, the better servers start now more and more to enforce in order to assure that only serious people get onto the server.
    The very minimum you want to have to get onto servers currently that sort out the most trashy people is ~SA 40 (but skill and requirements to reach SA 40 are really quite low, so you will see in the future that such SA will not be sufficient to keep "the rubble" out).
    Servers which have currently a ~SA 60 requirement are the better ones and usually quite good racing can be found there on a regular basis. Mostly the typical incidents such as T1 pileups or much worse willful crashing into other people does usually not happen on such servers.
    Servers with a minimum requirement of ~SA 80 are truly filled with serious sim racers who really make an effort of racing competitive and fast. I had amazing racing on such servers but sadly so far these are rare to show as most people still tend to populate unrated or low rated servers. Over time this will hopefully change and hopefully this SA rating will replace locked, password protected servers for the most part in online pickup racing.

I was in the beginning very skeptical about the more and more complex rating system as information on the diverse values became known. I thought It was a complex construct of a bureaucrat when all we wanted was a simply single value rating for our driving efforts ;-)

I openly admit I was very wrong.
    The rating system as is now in effect is AWESOME !!!

Why I say so? Because I see It works. It works beautifully!
    I have not in any racing sim thus far have had so much really high quality public server pickup racing as I had in ACC which I only started to race online since v1.0 was released.

I always pick the highest rating requirement servers I can afford (I have currently SA 88 and rising) and I have set server requirements to pair me with like skilled drivers and to find that close door to door racing online on public servers is simply unbelievable !!!
    This I have only experienced in the past in league racing and password protected club racing events, never have I had such great online racing in public servers as with ACC.

What I wish for ACC online racing, especially racing on public servers would be that the social aspect in the lobby will be improved.
    I would like to see:
    - much improved chat functionality (to get rid of the distracting in session chat window and have a large convenient chat window in the pits)
    - ability to view other drivers rating in the lobby
    - ability to connect with other drivers for future racing (think of It like a "buddy system")
    - ability to easily share setups among drivers
    - maybe even another driver rating value that is community driven rather than skill driven where people on a server can 5 star rate other drivers (@Minolin maybe that is something that might be interesting as a "Liked factor" starting out at 50% for a fresh driver and moving up or down from there