1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Update 0.6 - MP & Ratings Rebooted

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

If those rammers and blockers are doing that consistently then their SA rating should be poor. There's an option for server configurations that requires drivers to have certain ratings in order to join; so they wont be banned, they'll just be shunned to the no-restriction lobbies.

I have some servers set up for each track with a SA requirement of 40 (since it can drop if youre driving alone atm, I left it this low just in case) if anyone wants to look for them (US Based).

Trying to join a server when your SA isn't high enough just shows a message in the server list saying "An error occured". You can click refresh to see the full list again.

2. Since the ratings now work (yay)
    I noticed that if you do a new session suddenly the CC rating in the HUD is adjusting at your actual session rather than the average of the sessions (if I read it correctly...)
    Is it a viable option to have both "average" CC and "session" CC to be show?
    Could be a nice feedback, like you usually good but in this session you suck (or the other way around :D like me usually :oops:)

3. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

OK, so after two hours of MP my bloodpressure is about 300, so I'll quit.
    Servers are full of idiot wreckers.
    They keep hitting you from behind.
    They don't know blue flag.
    After going off track they come back crossing the track without any caution.

If I manage to connect a server, time left from qualifying is about minute or something. The time left should be shown on server list imho.
    Saving the setup...I overwrite my setups with base setup several times...somebody, please tell me why on Earth the setup list is shown under saving setup. It should be only seen under the "loading".

fabT, Taylor8, GroteBakkes and 4 others like this.
  4. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

No pb for rating, very thx for your job dude ;)

5. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

@natloz76 it's better to hang back during race start on public servers and you can easily make up +5 places in the first couple of laps by just dodging those who're unable to drive in a straight line.

I know that no race is perfect (and ratings are wip), but the way some of the new players drive, ignore blue flags and don't break going into T1 ramming half of the cars is unreal and kind of spoils the fun.

GroteBakkes and natloz76 like this.
  6. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

I concur, i was in the same Monza server just now, Qualifying anywhere past the first two rows is a waste of time. Somewhere behind U is Rocketman ./ Rocket League / Apollo 13 ready to cruise missile your *** from the road @ Turn 1. Nothing new in (sim) racing land, but i thought those ratings were here for a reason. To weed out the bunch and get some close action racing without Cannonball X Wreckfest 10 out of 10.

Not only this, there are soo many So called Sim-Racers in there that supposed to know rules & Etiquette.
    U want to go drive your practice laps in a middle of a public race? Fine.. but respect the racers that are commited to Racing, practice u do offline or for the appropriate sessions.
    And im not even talking about them nasty taps at the back just before or a corner or just deliberately smash your rear after theyve been passed cleanly. Motives aside, so far idiots galore, no racecraft nor respect or sportmanship.

Hoping for a swift and reliable separation of the Good, Bad & Ugly. Seriously considering going back to AI mode for the time being... If there are any leagues or servers with capable people on it, let me know.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    andrea.chiovato and natloz76 like this.
  7. I can only suggest you to try the Misano rain server, just had a race there and it was a blast actually. No huge pileup at T1, clean racing with about 20 people over 20 minutes with an evolving racing line. Awesome, kudos Kunos!

8. I assume we have folks on this forum that do our best to race cleanly (whether we are faster or slower than our on track competition)... people that are investing time to read these forums to share thoughts and learn things are likely to be more interested in taking feedback on how to race fast, consistent and clean. I, for one, know that I don't have to win a race to have an incredibly good time in a race. Having a few tight exchanges, whether I'm passing someone or even getting passed is just plain fun when you know there is respect for the sim and the moment.

Folks doing the ramming and goofy NFS type behavior are most certainly not reading this - that's my guess, anyway.

I wonder if one good solution will be forum-based servers/sessions/races. Would this be like Race Department? Honestly, I don't know much about this side of things - so maybe I don't know what I'm asking for. But, it just seems like there must be a good enough sized population of sim racers that place a very high weighting on clean racing and would be good to be on the track together.

9. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

I've tried the server and was great indeed till a guy started to slam everybody.
    As he was saying:"Just for fun".
    Well... he stayed and ruined the otherwise great game. I went wide turning to the finish line and I was disqualified... no comment. Went wide for the first time and certainly lost time and not gained a milisecond. What's the matter with you guys??? Honesty.
    If I cut the inner side gaining time... disqualify me.
    But disqualify the slammers too!
    Peace of cake... if the speed difference is bigger than let's say 50 or 75 km/h... make the wreckers car ghost. It works in PC2.

andrea.chiovato likes this.
  10. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I slowed down and watched the spectacle unfold in front of me, but despite of having dodged all cars and done my best to stay out of the mayhem, one of the trolls quickly went into reverse and ran straight for me.

The smart thing right now would be to avoid or be very cautious when joining public servers (until admins are given the proper tools to kick/ban) and check out the AI, or maybe find a good private passworded server.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    chksix likes this.
  11. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

Some good racing at Hungaroring last night with no places changing hands in the first 5 laps or so but some good bunching and pressing for position.

Unfortunately I was tired so second half of the race made some silly mistakes and dropped positions but nevertheless, was a ton of fun.

Plenty of good racers out there, most of which pass me at some point! id say 90% want a good race and have it occasionally ruined by the attention seeking few.

ZioYuri78 likes this.
  12. Are you noticing strange variations of the CC value after every session?
    Since last update the CC shown is basically the current session CC, so was my guess.
    But now I have this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

can you explain clearly how the statuses Silver, gold ect ..... I already had in the race the notification that I had passed silver but when I go to see in the profile of the racing I am always bronze.

14. fabT

fabT Alien

What i've noticed is that CC is now much volatile, especially on rain.

It moved from 80 to 88 after doing the "long" Monza Stint event.
    Then it went straight back to 73 after doing a couple MP rainy races.
    Al that say within 60-90 minutes.

20% variation within 30-40 laps seems a tad excessive to me.

On the contrary CN didn't even move, still sticking at 94.

By the way, are the bronze / silver / gold tiers working ?
    I can't see any update.

15. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

80 to 88 -> exactly like expected/intended. But the decay rate sounds a bit weird (also not the first report I see), so I need to look into that.
    Interestingly you say it went down a lot by a few "rainy" and "races", actually I think it's more the latter part responsible. CC wants to see you on the limit, which is naturally not always a good idea in a race. Understanding areas where CC doesn't want to push is one of the few improvements I see for CC, even if it's just a lift into a braking section because you have traffic in front of you (or formation/cooldown laps).

The rain thingy is interesting and to be investigated for sure; so far I've learned that rain makes people drive overproportionally better in terms of CC. It's a bit easier to find the range of the limit, but rain doesn't forgive overdrive, so everybody is on his toes (that's at least true until thunderstormy conditions, then it's just surviving)

16. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

What I see here is when I have to emergency brake and have to make sudden moves on steering wheel because of some...yoyoes... and as a result I'm going off track and/or spin, the system penalizes me.
    But why?

17. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

i dont understand why my SA Rating sometimes decreases when i have no incidents at all... ?

it went from 71 to 69 in an online race with NO contact

mms likes this.
  18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

For me SA rating still declines when I'm in hotlap mode, no other cars around.

19. Nox

Nox Racer

Yesterday in a long (Spezial Event)Hot-Session my SA rate fell from 81 to 78!

No Idea why!

20. fabT

fabT Alien

In my case CC tends to quickly skyrocket in solo wet stints and degrades quickly as well in (MP) wet racing. If i recally correctly 2 MP races ( grand total 60 mins, including qualy ) meant CC down from 88 to 73.

Overall i t makes sense, but as you wrote the decay ( and rise ) rate seems a tad too high.
    CC is much more sensitive to wet sessions, compared to dry ones.
    Wet sessions do tend multiplaying CC volatility.
    My personal gripe is the current high CC volatility would later cause issues with tiering.

On a sidenote, CN is much more more "resilient" to driving speed and style.
    A thing i noticed is whenever i deliberately slow down, e.s. when taxiing through the track, CC takes alot of a hit.
    CN does not at all, probably because of some higher weighting / dampening.
    Yet i think CN would be supposed to suffer speed inconsistency more than CC.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019