1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.7.5 is there...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Pboire, Mar 14, 2014.

1. rycil

rycil Simracer

I would like to know also.

Tx

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Maybe separate VR and monitor settings?

3. Skazz

Skazz Racer

For me, patch 0.7.5 was the moment AI races became fun without caveats.
    - No more first lap mayhem
    - Almost no more strange stopping behaviour (only occasionally and it's possible this is simulated mistakes)
    - Lovely close racing (including side by side through tighter corners) without worrying about being shunted off the track
    - Optimizations mean my PC can now handle a 20 car field without dropping below 60fps on my current settings, whereas before I couldn't go much above 15 cars without frame rate issues

And I noticed that the various racing classes now have extra attention: I took an M3 on track and the opposition selection included for instance the Z4 step 1.

Lovely patch, Kunos. The fact that many of these wonderful improvements weren't clearly on the patch release notes might have got people thinking it was just the Huayra and tweaks but those tweaks are very important!

P.S. I love the Huayra as well, just a bit more of that awesome whoosh/clunk sound and it'll be amazing :)

4. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

I didn't even notice they bundled a bunch of community skins in for some tuned editions of cars (few for the M3 GT2 and one for the MP4 GT3 too). All are sick. Love it.

Mogster likes this.
  5. shiftA

shiftA Racer

Completely agree ^^

Cote Dazur likes this.
  6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Four tests already done earlier, and now four more race AI tests:

18x Fer 458 S3 at Imola. Well, first, I got the impression that something has changed with the 458, in replay the cars sometimes swung more in the vertical than before, at least that is my subjective3 impression. As if the tyres became more like jumping rubber balls. I also had the impression that the 458 I drove myself, was a bit more wishy-washy. However, these cars are fast5er than those ion my previous examples, and the AI immediately drops in quality. I had plenty of situations when the car trailing behind started to brake, but just did so too late and thus crashed into the car leading it, sometimes more, sometime less hard. The race was quite bumby, plenty of car-to-car contacts, not really pleasant. I seem to recall that other races with the 458 at Imola, before 0.75, were not like that so much, I cannot help to get the impression that the situation is inferior to the previous status. Also, the curbs at Tamburello hit me much harder and made me almost spin offtrack where before I could easily pass them with the same raceline, AI cars also jumped quite nicely there. Then the Acque Minerali, I use to approach the first right turn in sixth, braking hard into 4th and turning into, passing over the curbs and making good use of them, then rolling somewhat passively to the next step and brake into third before again turning right for the second curbs, which you better do not take too aggressively, because they really can destabilize you so much that you find yourself being pushed offtrack, or spinning. However, the AI now takes a raceline that attacks this second curbs very aggressively, with the result that I see a lot of cars getting into trouble there, or almost. - I have done much racing with 458s at Imola, it is one of my favourite combos in AC, and that is why I perceive these things more clearly than with other car-track combinations. - All in all, the AI did perform suboptimal in this race.

Next, I had 18 MP4 GT3 at Silverstone. Despite the fact that the AI cars perform a bit slower here than on other tracks, the race went smooth and perfect. There were several occasions when I duelled against AI cars door-to door and bumper to bumper, and the AI it managed to get its braking right and not slam into me and avoiding contacts as long as I did, too. Fair fights only, no unfair event, no crash or collision. Wonderful, just a bit slower than what I see at same settings with other cars and/or on other tracks.

The next is a disaster story. I tend to avoid races with AI-controlled F40s and F599s, the AI makes a total mess of these cars. Now I had 18 M3 GT2s at Mugello - and restarted the race three times, and broke off after half the first round already. What the aI does here, is best described as a total fail. It does not get its braking right, not its timing, and has apparently zero situational awareness regarding player'S car, or other cars. Like the F40 and F599 I used to avoid the M3GT2, but had not used it since long , and so gave it a try. I regretted it. Even amignst themselves the AI cars behaved like knights in armour trying to crack the other guy's helmet open. Unusable car for AI.

I stayed at Mugello , and retried with the Z4 GT3. This immediately put a big, wide grin on my face again, the race was like a fresh spring breeze. No unfairness, no collisions, no unpredictable AI stunts, but a healthily aggressive AI that moved the BMWs agile and creatively, and showed very good situational awareness regarding other AI cars, and player car, giving me the the opportunity to have five rounds of close car-fighting at always fair conditions and the AI using the width of the track to its full advantage, it pushed where it should and situation recommended, and it pulled back were that indeed was he better advise . Very very good show by the AI, excellent!

It also shows that the tuning of the AI may also include racelines for a given track, though Mugello usually works well for me since longer time now already, but the main problem indeed seems to be car-specific AI, and here the awareness of the AI for getting right the timing for braking in reaction to events ahead. The F40, F599, M3GT2 all fail with all fanfares here so far, while the slower cars all do more or less well, and the GT3 cars doing very well already, at least for me.

In the past, I had good races with the Tatuu Forula cars at Monza.

It's nice to see that AI stuff is being improved, and some cars really work quite nicely already, but all cars still have space for improvements, and some car types, the listed ones especially, are still wide pen construction sites. I must admit that I slowly start to worry that with these cars that I see critical, I indeed fail to see improvements since long time now. I hope this is a sign only that they< check car type for car type, and not that they favour some cars over others in general, and will neglect the latter for all time to come. I could forgive that for the super sport cars like Huayra and F40 and F599 which you do not e3xpect to see in league racing anyway, but at least the cars usually used in league racing like the M3 GT2 should be turned into an acceptable piece of AI kit.

But after running eight car-track combos for AI testing, the dominating impression is that for the most things are advancing. Things look bright, can only become better. :) But there still needs much to be done.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

One thing, though. There are these situations when AI car brakes hard, and the back swings left and right a bit due to that. Then there are situations when the AI car before a turn suddenly changes the line to avoid a car in front of it.

What I find irritating is those situation that in some turns the AI car changes the line while not braking hard enough to have its tail swinging, nor has it another car in front which it needs to avoid. It changes the line without reason. So there I come, and start to pass AI car due to my overshot in speed - and without reason the AI car all of a sudden changes line and "contacts" me fully, without any need, without being predictable ,without wanting to get the ideal line (because it already had it). This unpredictable lane-changing in some turns should go away, please. With slower cars, you can catch the spin and prevent worse things, but with faster cars, you end offtrack easily. That is not gentleman's style.

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Two more AI feedbacks. 18 Tatuus formula cars at Vallelunga - great racing, great awareness shown by the AI! Even several duels with tyre boxes almost touching each bother, and in line of threes - in turns! - were handled well by the AI, and fair. That was a real happy race.

18 Lotus 125 S1 at Monza, well, the AI has problems to handle this car as well as it handles some others, again the issue seem to be the speed and acceleration of the cars being so high that the AI struggles to anticipate situations ahead of it. I had two incidents of being alone on the track and an AI car fully slamming into my rear as if I were not there - on a straight. There were many collisions, though the overall situation was not ad disastrous as what I could see in AI traces with F40s and F599.

Also, for some reason the default setup of the Louts 125 is such that the AI cars simply leave you in the dust. It is not that drastic with most other cars. To bring the Lotus into line with how they handled it with other cars, the default setup really should be changed.

9. JBK

JBK Rookie

Thanks for the xbox in game settings app.
    No interest in getting a wheel and thats made the game a lot less hassle. :)

10. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loving all the new drift skins!

11. noninmedia

noninmedia Racer

Maybe, need to revise the maximum speed of thePagani Huayra. Declared by Pagani 370 Km/h, but in the game is 440km/h. Am I wrong?

12. The Entity

The Entity Hardcore Simmer

Where is this app? I can't find it at the right side of my screen in the apps bar :(

13. tryagain1990

tryagain1990 Racer

Think you need to enable dev apps.

14. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

Another new content video :)

15. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Awesome car, awesome update, awesome sim! Words cant thank you enough, Kunos! I'm so happy you guys exist :)

16. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

It's only theoretical speed in 7 gear, Huayra is drag limited.

17. F1Dave

F1Dave Racer

Hi all,
    Since this update ive been experiencing more stuttering and freeze frames,
    before this was only a issue with ai cars involved, but now im getting while hotlapping with the lotus t125 at monza,
    In game settings are relatively low, no hdr, low cubemap resolution, no vsync but with fps capped at 119, monitor refresh rate at 120,

Not seeing any drop in frame rate during these freeze frames etc,

started task manager in game to see cpu usage and that caused a crash, game was still running but resolution was all messed up with the screen content all over the place, hard to explain really wish i had got a screen shot, managed to get a reading of 35% tho from task manager.

Anyways log files are attached and any info from the community will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
    Dave

EDIT: was probably the wrong place to have put this, sorry about that, but looks like it was the rivali-ov1info app that caused it, removed that and the issue was gone

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  18. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Dave, please next time open a new thread, thank you. :)

19. We understand so well, Guys. You're doing a great job.

So Aris, hoping, what we're waiting so much, it'll be in a Easter egg