1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.8 released - Official thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Is new lighting only with HDR enabled?

2. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

not seeing any clouds in sky, just colour

3. cstibikeee

cstibikeee Simracer

240R S3 + Nurburgring is a big fun! :D ;)

Anuj, spiritofsenna and Rui Santos like this.
  4. Very nice little Ferrari :D

Jason Madigan likes this.
  5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

He's not moaning, he's reporting a problem... AFAIK your post didn't help him...

The Moose likes this.
  6. what is the helmet file for the new ferrari?

i tried my 85 helmet but doen't work i must use a different one please can you telme the name or the file to make my helmet?

7. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

No fps loss here with 14 AI at the back of the grid 97 fps 130 when alone on track

most on max except shadows, no HDR

going for a longer test

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  8. MAXCARS

MAXCARS Racer

my shadows are set on medium. before update i had rock solid 60fps with VSync on. Now i get around 25fps, but it looks more like 15fps. please fix this

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Used to have 60fps with 83% load for the gpu.
    Now i am still having 60fps but with only 70% load.

So really nice and game looks really beautiful .

tkrisz2 likes this.
  10. alex72

alex72 Alien

Man this new ferrari doesnt steer at high speeds. :D With gamepad its impossible to go fast in fast corners. I turned down speed sensitivity to 0.02 and still cant steer. Maybe the real one have so much force at high speeds that you cant turn the wheel?

Light and clouds etc looking great. :)

@MAXCARS Have you tried revaildate the AC game files? Test it first. Personally i havent noticed any FPS issues.

xSYOx likes this.
  11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please post your log files so we can check and fix during the weekend, thank you

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson Gamer

frames are just fine on my puter, I have everything on pretty much max. sorry some are having frame drops.

13. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Made some quick ai tests on special events. The step forward is very big. For now the only thing that I can complain is that they are still very slow in the harpin at Vallelunga (trackday challenge)

Edit: frame as with the previous version

Niko Pennanen and F1Racer like this.
  14. MAXCARS

MAXCARS Racer

how do i do this?

15. Talpa

Talpa Simracer

rotfl, those itti bitti tiny front wheels on the 312 do really nothing to steer the car XD i have a massive pendulum effect every time i go through the first chicane at imola.

btw, no improved light here... i think. do i have to activate the hdr?

16. kyr1974

kyr1974 Gamer

I do not see new lighting:(
    I do not see more acidic contrast

17. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

The Ferrari is a beast but a really friendly one, if you treat her well then she will thanksful!
    My gpu usage drop from 95-99% to 70-80 and i have a better fps now!:) nice work!

Jason Madigan likes this.
  18. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just to keep the thread clean, if you guys have any issues, please open a new thread and attach you logs. Thanks.

Jason Madigan and Cote Dazur like this.
  19. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

I didn't know Ferrari 312t can actually fly xD Just got hit by an AI ^^ But as far as I can see all goes well. For people having trouble with fps drop(s). Try disabling additional applications. I can see improvements by disabling OV1, but only by 3-5% of gpu usage. Therefore different apps can cause different problems. It's just my suggestion. But overall great improvement so far. AI can actually do a clean race and a clean start without crashing each other. One question: Why do I have a feeling that 312t locks steering control if you go a little bit faster? It feels like it could go faster in several corners but it can't because steering control is kinda "locked".

Overall nicely done Kunos! You are making really nice progress :)

20. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Maybe you're heating too much front tires and losing grip, allways keep in mind that this is not a modern F1 car, it has to be driven smoothly, specially if it's too understeery...