1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.8 released - Official thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Oh, so that's another problem, maybe "speed sensivity" in controls menu?

2. this new ferrari is amazing!! to drive

3. yusupov

yusupov Alien

love the new update, but question for the devs or any pad users: is feedback the same? it seems lower, esp on the 312t i barely feel much...it seems something's been changed, but it may be in my head. haven't played for a few days *** i waited for this update.

4. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yep. I put it to 0.02 and still cant steer at higher speeds. On the other cars 0.02 usually let me steer very much at high speeds (i needed only like 0.05 before) but not in the ferrari. Im just about to test the other cars too. Might be a global problem for me in this update (they did change XBOX stuff so...). :)

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Yes, try other cars or do what Aristotelis wrote on previous page for you ;)

6. pasty

pasty Rookie

Fantastic update! The 312T is amazing, surprisingly easy to drive. Great work guys!! :D

7. alex72

alex72 Alien

Ah i didnt see this. Thanks Aris and Rui Santos! I'll try, and if it persists - thread and logs coming. ;)

Aristotelis and Rui Santos like this.
  8. Eduardo Aguiar

Eduardo Aguiar Hardcore Simmer

This will be even worse im mp mode. One doesn´t early brake, ever.

9. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Love the AI improvement!

Thanks.

10. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

found i wasnt getting clouds because my world detail was on lowest setting

11. alex72

alex72 Alien

Nope doesnt help. All cars have this nasty thing for me now. Gamepad XBOX set to 0.04 speed sensitivity was enough to run very fast through all fast corners, but now i cant steer more than 5-10 degrees at that setting. Making an issue thread. It has been a problem for a long time that speed sensitivity setting isnt good enough. Having max or pretty low SS doesnt change much so to speak, but now its crazy.

Can someone else with XBOX gamepad set it to 0.04 speed sensitivity, go to Nurburg GP with for example the exos S1 and go full speed throught the fast S corner. I cant as my steering wheel in the sim only moves a few degrees. And it worked great before the update.

Thanks.

Shaddix likes this.
  12. AI still don't have a clue how to drive Vallelunga......with 10 AI I am dropping to 20 frames and the game stutters so bad it's undrivable.

13. Aryko

Aryko Gamer

Yes the pad feedback is lower it seems . I had to downscale my sensitivity to 0.03 to get the same results as before when it was on 0.05 .

yusupov likes this.
  14. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

I've just done a quick test(with the keyboard!), Ferrari looks fantastic, even with the KB is seemed just how I'd imagine it to be.

Regarding the performances, I've used my usual setting but only raised mirrors to max(4xAA, 8xAF, medium shadows, no HDR, cubemap 1-low) and the FPS are same or maybe even higher than before.
    System spec:
    Intel Core i5 750 unclocked at 2.67GHz, HD6970 2GB, 4GB RAM, 1920x1200 24" Samsung LED.
    No GFX backgorund apps.

Around 85-110 FPS.

The new lighting is excellent, even with HDR off there is a difference.

15. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Bit of FPS drop with my present settings, but I just fiddled about and got it back to 60. I think what did it was disabling all AA and also HDR.

The 312T though, talk about fun to drive. Loving the new clouds as well, and the mirrors do seem improved. I'm hoping we eventually see the rest of the car/interior in them, though, as that helps a lot with seeing how close opponents are to you.

16. BugA

BugA Racer

Congrats KS for this update, new sky and clouds it's not the kind of update "I lose my *** for", but driving in Mugello @ 18.00PM is a wonderful experience. Maybe it's a bit dark in the shadows, but nothing important.
    The AI is not perfect yet, but now it's quite enjoyable. I don't know if this update is a big step forward (I haven't played with AI since January probably, not very interested on it), anyway now they don't look like a drunken monkey. Some things to improve (many of them were braking in the outside of the turns, agressive moves braking before the turn) but really good behavior.
    The 240R (stock and S3 versions) are absolutely great to drive!! Every turn I wanted to push harder and harder and the car felt so good, its FFB didn't say me anything special but I'll find very funny to drive these cars. But the sound, being honest, is quite bad.

I really didn't expect nothing important from this update, and finally it surprised very positively. Good job Kunos!

17. Aryko

Aryko Gamer

First time i tried AI races , i couldn`t play cuz it was stuttering so much . I closed the game started fraps to see the fps and tried it again and it runs om 50-65 fps now . Funny innit ?
    Forgot to say i realy enjoy AI races now cause they are not ramming me off the track anymore .

18. yusupov

yusupov Alien

thanks, good to know its not just in my head...could a dev comment please? one of my favorite initial things about this game as a gamer/non-sim fan was the massive level of feedback, really instantly helped w/ the immersion. it seems there may have been refinements, which is good, but id still like it to be at the level where the pad would tremble even while idling...

19. Trelliz

Trelliz Gamer

Where are the skin template files for the new cars? Was looking forward to painting the 312T.

Bailey likes this.
  20. Aryko

Aryko Gamer

Oh i didn´t know you were talking about FFB . I was talking about steering beeing not so sensitive now .