1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.8 released - Official thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

So i have to remove all those add-on app like Rivali OV1 / Rivali Delta / Rivali Tempo / Rivali Gui & RSR to make sure the game run smooth ?? And not to use those add-on until they make an update version ??
    Thanks for the concern :)

2. Xenix

Xenix Simracer

Yeah you Push again the the KuNOS button :D
    312T is really like a big gokart, makes alot of fun. And the Lotus,..... .. . hmmm its like a Lotus, like the other on the first view. (why there is no Lotus Esprit Turbo, this car is a different Lotus! ;))

But i love the Option to disable the Mirrors, this give me about 30-35 Frames more! Thanks for this Option, good for lower PC !

Please give us an Option to disable the Shadows too :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Right, keep in mind AC is in development so anything added to it can ruin your experience... keep it clean until final version and final apps versions...

Lazybug likes this.
  4. Kudos to Kunos! The new update is spot on both in terms of performance and visuals! I also managed to beat my own personal best at Mugello with the 458 at the very first run with 2.03.862. Has it been tweaked as well? It seems much more keen to change direction and less prone to undesteer! Keep on the good work guys!

5. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes
    EDIT: if you encounter issues, BEFORE POSTING asking for support, please remove addon apps or custom video profiles. Sometimes, after an update, they could be the cause.

Cote Dazur and Lazybug like this.
  6. Harvey

Harvey Gamer

The past few minutes have been the most fun I've had since AC was released, thank you so much for the update. The AI has improved to such an extent that I finally finished a race for the first time! (I usually quit in frustration and go back to hot lapping).

Three issues the AI still seems to have:

-It will occasionally change 'lanes' in braking zones. This is quite dangerous and not usually allowed in racing. Please make them stick to their line once braking or give them a drive through penatly ;)
    -If the AI taps me from behind or drives into my side, it tends to just keep its foot on the accelerator, spinning me out. It should briefly tap the brake pedal before going back to the throttle.
    -If I'm on a straight, driving down the middle of the track, with an AI just to my left, with it's front wheel in line with my rear wheel, the AI needs to be aware of what I might do next. If I slowly move leftwards, towards the AI, it too should move to the left, into the available space, avoiding me. If however, there is no available space, then it should either: A) if it's aggressive, continue straight on, tapping my rear wheel and spinning me out, or B) if it's feeling cowardly, tap the brakes to avoid the collision.

I've only played for a few around 20 minutes since the 0.8 update and the above were the only issues that felt 'wrong' with the AI. Hopefully one or two more tweaks and the AI will be pretty much perfect :)

Edit: oh and the 312T is wonderful.

7. sennacher

sennacher Gamer

- Fantastic update to the AI - the frustration of getting hit and bumped of the track is almost gone. Had two races special events with the BMW E30 at Mugello on hard and made it to the finishes line twice without getting hit - for the 1st time ever. Mind you, I didn't win but that didn't matter at all because the racing itself was so immersive and felt really, really good
    - 1st huge FPS drops (around 25-40! frames, especially Vallelunga) but after trying a lot of other settings without much success in the Video section, I finally disabled all the 3rd party apps and got my FPS back! Rivali, RSR and corner performance seem to be among the worst "culprits"
    - Ferrari 312T F1 : AWESOME
    - The new Lotus: This has to be the worst sounding car ever, couldn't even bear it for a whole run at Imola. Does the real cars sounds anything like that at all??? And please don't compare it to a vacuum cleaner which would be an insult - for the vacuum cleaner no less because my Siemens sounds much better than this Lotus.

So, great update especially the AI is coming closer to a final version, thanks for the hard work

8. AC Support

It shares the sound of Elise SC. No time now to rework them. In the future, I think yes. :)

F3R and sennacher like this.
  9. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

I din't get this, how come they change lanes? If they take the inside line braking when approaching a corner yes it is allowed and it's called "defending" position...

10. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Okay, Alex stated it already, cant run throught SS in NurbGP doesnt matter which setting.
    ABS off on the gamepad works for 60% of the cars now, but GT cars and the Exos 125 S1 is still locking the tyre at 60% brake pressure :eek:

alex72 likes this.
  11. xSYOx

xSYOx Hardcore Simmer

+1, put the game at 18h with HDR on and appreciate the work. Nice update K-Devs, I liked it!
    Just a question Aris, why only 312T has the correct "side-mirror views" do you noticed it? Was just a test or it's actually using the same as others cars? I hope you guys take that as example and base in all other ones.

12. BugA

BugA Racer

Just noticed, when you finish a race none of the AI have name, all are named "null"

13. AC Support

BugA, make a Steam integrity check (verify integrity of game cache) and try again. If it happens, please report car/track combo and attach your logs, thanks.

14. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Fantastic update !!!
    I had a feeling that the F1 car will feel hard to drive, but that thing just FLYES and the way it DANCES coming out of some corners and it`s really controllable, ahh just epic :D ! The sound from 10k to 13k i think it`s really proffund, it doesen`t scream but i feel it has a depth to it, it`s nice. (maybe on **** speaker it sounds bad i think hehe)
    Also the new lotus is really fun and i think it sounds good also ?! I took it around nurb and i always thought the track it`s to big for such a small car but you have to try it the S3 version it`s really on it`s element.

I`l try the A.I. later.
    The sky looks really nice now, i like the change.
    I have an ATI 5770 1gb and sadly i took a bit of a performance hit 10-15 % , but i`l just turn AA or something down no big deal but i think the new sky affects the performance and i have the shadows on medium.

15. Naondave

Naondave Racer

This game.

16. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

Not sure if i actually having any issue but i just remove all 3rd party add-on. Not sure what is "custom video profile" though :rolleyes:
    I still never try any race with AI yet but for someone who gonna play SP lot more than MP i am very happy to know that AI having huge improvement :D

17. AC Support

Custom video profile: nvidia inspector software or similar software. Sometimes you make a click wrong there and all your games will do 3fps. :)

Hartmut Gl, Rui Santos and Lazybug like this.
  18. Good update Guys

No problems with fps.

But one question.
    AC has - great grafics
    - best car/tire physiks i ever seen
    - really good and agressive Onboard sounds
    but why the hell almost all external sounds of the car s are so bad?

replays look so great but when i hear the exernal sound of the car s i could cry...

Is there a button in Options menue is missed?

Nervertheless----AC is the best driving simulator ---no dout

19. AC Support

Just make a search Matthias, from the very beginning we said that the sound engine (mainly exterior) will be improved later, maybe after 1.0. :)

F3R likes this.
  20. Dandaman

Dandaman Gamer

The thing about this Ferrari is you need to smooth it in and out. For you to do that, you gotta really work your arms, less power on your foot work more power on the arms. Give it a try.