1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.12 discussion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Georg Siebert, Feb 14, 2017.

1. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

The fast wheel turning is highly suspicious, that's faster than any race driver I've even seen lol, I suspect lower steering degrees even if he says it wasn't.

Just the amount of natural damping from a belt wheel, even with it unplugged I cannot turn it that fast, never mind whilst also fighting the FFB.

LeDude83 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Doesnt replay make the wheel look weird too?

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I tried the 911 GT3 Cup car the other day, does anyone know why the gearbox makes a thud noise on downshifts but no noise when up shifting?

4. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Neither of these countersteers from 2 above vids are possible on G27 on 900 deg. It's way way too fast for G27's FFB motors. I'm not even sure if with FFB off G27 is that fast - I don't think so...

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Is it possible that gamma/filter/speed sensitivity make the wheel behave like that?

6. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Pfff... slow... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45439858/Drivemotive Promo sources/guida_veloce.mp4 :p

On a more serious note, watching the video above Aris' post. It's just physics. No lift off, hyperreactive countersteer, don't know what you expect in that scenario. Try to repeat and just lift off the throttle if you want to induce oversteer.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  8. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Green and no blankets. :D

marcinmarcin79 likes this.
  9. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I repeat that those videos are made in g27 and t300 with 900 °, green track, street tires. Prove yourselves before you say it is a lie. Support I think we are talking about different things, my complaint with the Lotus Elise is that you will never find understeer. The only way the back is released is to do crazy things with the steering wheel. In real life this happens in a natural driving. The Elise in AC allows a lot of driving errors and will never have a scare, it will always be stable.

10. There are times when I wonder if I am playing a completely different game o_O

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Are you comparing stock setup in AC with stock setup IRL? Because the setup has an immense affect on this car.
    And as Aris said, many Elise run with modified setup IRL.

12. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

My Lotuses steer like derailed trains. Except the faster versions which are more balanced. The Elise has to slow to parking lot speed to be able to turn around the corners of Magione.
    Edit: just did 1:31.343 in the stock Elise there.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  13. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

J
    Nah the backend does break out under braking, you even get some lift off oversteer though you have to release the throttle violently.

14. To be honest, I have always been baffled by some of the moves that I see when watching others on the monitor, and that video above is a classic example. I see people seemingly stopping cars from spinning out of control by using full lock and (what sounds like) full throttle, and it just confuses the hell out of me. For one thing, even getting to full lock with a 900 degree steering wheel takes me half an hour. Secondly, if I tried flooring the throttle when attempting to recover from a dodgy slide, those same slow motion hands on the wheel would result in a quick visit to wallsville. Maybe it's just me, but that "hands moving faster than a speeding bullet" lark has never been part of my skill set, so I don't even bother. I just try to drive my cars as smooth and precise as possible, and do my level best to avoid going anywhere near a full lock drift! That doesn't mean to say that I can't powerslide every now and again, but it needs to be done with a relatively stable car that requires minimal steering input to control.

The moral of this story? I can quite happily spin virtually any car in Assetto Corsa with remarkable ease :D

15. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Let go of the wheel after the initial countersteer and it will wind itself to full lock (or lock of least resistance). I'd recommend doing some drifting in AC and after some time it will come naturally regardless of the car.

Flooring the gas in oversteer probably isn't an attempt to straighten the car but a try to keep the momentum while nearing the point where you'd want to change direction anyway. If the car already oversteers, sometimes is just faster to go with it rather than try to reset the situation.

Berry likes this.
  16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It depends a lot on the steering wheel you're using. The G25 and the T300 are both relatively fast wheels. Try the same with the wheel that I have (Fanatec GT3 RS v2) and you're in a lot of trouble.
    For me, this one of the main reasons why I wanted a direct drive wheel, because those are fast enough to be able to replicate real steering wheel movements.
    And it will be the point of when I'll increase my steering wheel lock from 540° to 1080° or something around that.

Although I might revert that last statement, because I like a very direct steering.
    The indirect response of some cars (read: have to turn the wheel for anything to happen) really is not my thing. Not in regard to being able to catch a slide or not, but regarding the overall feeling.
    If I could choose, I'd setup my road car with something like 540-720° as well.

Another note about slides/drifts: going full throttle isn't exactly the best way to catch slides. No throttle is bad most of the time as well.

One other thing I noticed, which may or may not be related to the update 1.12, I'm not sure here.
    If one sets a limit for the virtual steering wheel (in my case 270°) that value gets reset every now and then by the game for some reason I couldn't yet figure out.
    It's quite annoying …

17. plop

(@00:54, stupid embed)

Well, considering I can do high 23's there.... It's not amazing, still think it doesn't feel as edgy as it should but it's not hopeless either :/

Kristaps and mantasisg 2 like this.
  18. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

the exige roadster is plenty of fun :D, though it has ****ty flappy paddle gearbox :(

19. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

I thought it was h-pattern, no?

20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

The Roadster is paddle shift, the other Exige S is H pattern.