1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 1.12 discussion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Georg Siebert, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Berry

Berry Alien

It will download itself through Steam, you don't have to do anything :).

2. kentaylor65

kentaylor65 Gamer

ah that would explain it - can't remember seeing an update though .......

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Just look at the loading screen for a session, in the bottom left corner the version is stated.
    Current version is 1.12.6

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Guys is the constant flames in replays a known issue or should i report it?

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I have seen it in replays and on very rare occasions even while playing online, don't know though if it is known/reported.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

First time I see this flames issue.

I have one issue, seems like my tyres are degrading way faster than they used. I have spotted it few days ago, but I don't know when it started to be like that. At first I thought that i have my tyres wear set to 3x accidentally, but it is not so. Before i go deeper, I wanted to ask if anybody have had experienced anything like that ?

7. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yes this is correct and actually is a fix that the introduced to recent build.
    There was no tyre wear because of load!!!

Now it's working as intended.

More info here https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tyre-model-v10-specs.36686/page-2#post-844339

8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@liakjim Thanks :)

Interesting, so it is allright that tires are wearing way faster ? I used to almost never see a degradation of GT40 tire, and now it is degraded rather much after a couple of laps.

9. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

This has happened to me in a replay, I replayed and the problem went away.

10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I wonder if everything is alright with tire wear of GT40 or 250F, or both ?

Just drove each for 3x7.1km. I'm judging only by Kunos tyre app so far. Tire life bar was still full for Maserati, and Ford tire were worn quite a bit. For me it seems wrong, but I have no idea. I would guess that it should be flipped 180, 250F tires worn quite a lot, and GT40 tires not much.

I love 250F so much by the way.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Did you get the versions mixed up? :D;)

12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@Ace Pumpkin No :D I write to 1.12 thread because it was done for 1.12

13. Wouldn't the Maserati 250F have been using very hard tyres that would take some time to wear down?

14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Well maybe. At least they feel like that right now. Too bad I don't remember how 250F tires were wearing before V10 tire, maybe it was the same ? I wonder if the technology was there already to make such lasting tire.

Before WW2 tires were lasting almost no time at all, and they were running cars like Mercedes-Benz W125, Autounion TypeC... Maybe tire manufacturers did that progress through the WW2, but I doubt.

On the other hand worth to mention that GT40 is a LeMans winning car, and I guess they were using hard, long lasting compounds too. I'm not sure, I think all tires were like that until soft/med/hards appeared to the racing world. When it was ? Maybe late 70s ?

15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The W125 and Typ C had almost 500hp* cars even , the 250F's are listed in AC with 270hp/310hp.

*later W125 had up to 646 hp according to Wikipedia

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yes, and weighted just under 750kg ! W125 had nearly as much torque as Mclaren P1, IIRIC.

It was probably drininkg its special fuel mixture as fast as water runs down the sink. I wonder which was priority for pitstops. Tires or fuel ? I guess tires.

I really can't recall it corectly, but I think 250F tires were wearing rather fast too before V10. Maybe tire wear is more sophisticated now, I don't understand. But had great fun with that car. One of the favs from AC indeed.

Schnipp likes this.
  17. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

The Pirellis used on the 250F were not always capable of completing a 3 hour grand prix.
    The GT40s tyres were harder wearing. At the 1968 Brands Hatch 6 hour race, the GT40 changed front pads and tyres after 4 hours but the rear tyres and brakes lasted the distance. Its not clear if the front tyres actually needed changing or if they just changed them because if you are changing the pads you might as well fit new tyres.

18. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Thanks for your knowledge. David. You always bring interesting facts :)

So 250F tires were quite durable, but GT40 were even more durable, I suppose. Is it possible that GT40 tires are wearing too much in AC now ?@aphidgod was telling me something about how they plateau after some wear, but it was little amount of wear, IIRIC. I'm sorry, @aphidgod, I'm not good physics student :(

I think they changed front tires just because they changed pads, as you mentioned, I doubt that fronts would have got more worn than rear tires.

19. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

6 hours on the same rear tires? Wow...

20. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I also drove the 250F's few weeks ago after the V10 update, and fell in love with the authenticity of the driving.
    It is wobbly, like it should (I suppose), but I can drive it in a straight line with ease, the steering wheel is pulling left and right, as the weight shifts, but it drives beautifully, while before the V10 update, the tyres seemed to have some constant sideslip going on even under minimal sideload, which had the car wandering across the track all the time, or requiring constant corrections (at least with me driving it^^)
    There are clips showcasing the car on Topgear with Clarkson driving it, also that famous onboard clip from Fangio testing it on a racetrack in ?italy, as well as the clip from an monaco historic race.
    To me the car now feels like it comes across in these videos.
    It is one of my favorite cars to drive in AC now! I wish I could drive it more often, but there are so many other favorite cars, it's a cruel world

sry for off topic, but this being Fangios Maserati, it deserves the extra mention.